How Many Games Are You Involved In?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Oct 10, 2017 1:06 pm
GM: 12 games
Player: 7 regularly active games (plus a couple more that are slow, but have occasional posts)

It's becoming more and more difficult to keep them all going! My new promotion leaves far less time for posting :(
Oct 10, 2017 1:07 pm
Naatkinson says:
My new promotion
Yeh!!! And boo!!!
Oct 10, 2017 2:00 pm
I'm just in the one. Guess I have some work to do!
Oct 10, 2017 2:49 pm
Right now, by the look of things, only two. I'm holding my breath for the Urban Shadows game to pick up again, but I probably shouldn't... XD

Honestly, I'd be more interested in DMing a new game than joining one at the moment...
Oct 10, 2017 4:34 pm
Used to be in 6 active games (as a player), but they all went tits up when the DM vanished. 8-( Trying to get into more games now.

Len

Oct 11, 2017 3:51 am
Naatkinson says:
GM: 12 games
Player: 7 regularly active games (plus a couple more that are slow, but have occasional posts)

It's becoming more and more difficult to keep them all going! My new promotion leaves far less time for posting :(
Thanks for all you do, Naat. A lot of people have fun because of the time and energy you put into your games :)
Oct 11, 2017 9:11 am
Playing in 4 (3 active). Running 1. I swing back and forth between needing more and being overwhelmed.
I don't know how any of you juggle more than 10. It just seems inconceivable to me. Still, well done!
Oct 11, 2017 9:42 am
http://barfblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/inconceivable.jpg
Last edited October 11, 2017 9:43 am
Oct 11, 2017 4:16 pm
unique_exemplar says:
I swing back and forth between needing more and being overwhelmed.
This is exactly how I got into this many games. I'd be in a good number and then, on a slow day, I'd be like "Hey! You know, it might be fun to run another game!"
Oct 12, 2017 7:57 pm
Naatkinson says:
unique_exemplar says:
I swing back and forth between needing more and being overwhelmed.
This is exactly how I got into this many games. I'd be in a good number and then, on a slow day, I'd be like "Hey! You know, it might be fun to run another game!"
SAME, except on the player side. I’m playing in about 17 games, which is manageable unless 10+ are updated on the same day (which happens a lot when the same GM is managing those games- oh hi naat!) in which case I scramble to get a post up. But then on slow days I’m like "Ooh, another game!" or "Maybe I should finally learn how to DM a game for once..."
Oct 13, 2017 1:40 am
Ditto! Right now my Latest Posts is two pages of new updates. Later today it'll be back to repeatedly reloading GP.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/4448139/social-network-refresh-o.gif

And yeah, maybe I should DM already.
Last edited October 13, 2017 1:42 am
Oct 15, 2017 11:28 am
We definately need more DM's here. As for me, I'm currently running 5 Cthulhu games and only playing in one. More than enough for me!
Oct 15, 2017 12:49 pm
I’m only GMing one, but that one’s my baby and takes up a fair bit of my time. I play in the West Marches game and currently 3 (soon to be 4 others). I’m usually hovering somewhere between 3-6 games at any given time and I definitely fall into that trap of taking on another game when one or two slow down. I have no idea how Naat keeps up with that many games. I’m not sure if I’m impressed or concerned. Probably a bit of both :)
Oct 15, 2017 3:12 pm
I will DM for food basically. I have so many systems I own that I want to try out. But so far, people only seems interested in D&D 5th edition... Nothing wrong with that, but I want to DM other stuff...
Oct 16, 2017 5:14 pm
I oddly like only the not D&D stuff (there's always someone who wants to be in a D&D party) few want to play Eclipse Phase using a spreadsheet to keep track of your current body/persona/cover identity or play mice because they're not 'cool', some systems are just rough on PBP possibly since 7th sea went up for several games at once and they've all gone to the wayside. I think you add in more games if your games slow down as a player or GM possibly and when you have to many you start tapping out of slow moving games or if you have no idea where you want to take a character.
Oct 16, 2017 5:40 pm
I play in mainly D&D or Pathfinder games, simply so because I don't have time to learn all of the new systems all at the same time*

* Even as I say that, I'm in games for like 6 different systems :P
Oct 16, 2017 8:58 pm
I'm down to running two games (both Vampire) and playing in 5 more (2 Pathfinder, plus Zweihander, L5R and Masks). I was in a whole bunch more but found myself overwhelmed. Interestingly, even though I felt that I was low on time that I could commit to games, I dropped slow games rather than fast ones, generally because I felt lost or had lost track of what the players were supposed to be doing.

Maybe that's my main bane with Play-By-Post, is that it is difficult to sort through hundreds/thousands of posts to re-find clues, directions and other things the GM has passed on. When you have to find that stuff to make your next post, it takes a lot of time. I need to take better notes as a player.
Oct 17, 2017 2:13 am
I too am down a bunch -- but largely because work is super busy. I'm down to in 1 game and DMing two (two different versions of Middle Earth). I have my eye on getting another game running, but I have some prep work to do up front so I feel less overwhelmed when it needs updatin'.
Oct 24, 2017 8:46 pm
My preference would be to only be in a handful of super-active, long-running games but it never seems to work out that way due to schedules and life getting in the way. So instead, I end up in way more semi-active games than I should be.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.