1.5 - The Wyr River: Hunger strikes....

load previous
May 7, 2015 7:51 pm
"You might want to leave this to us Utazo. We need a crystal from these machines, and they're delicate."
May 7, 2015 8:51 pm
"Fair enough. If you need something smashed in though, you know where to find me."
May 8, 2015 1:18 pm
"I'll be sure to shout if there's something to smash." Vult responds, a hint of mirth in his voice.
May 8, 2015 5:56 pm
Pulling a couple of crystals from the food dispensers, the size and colors do not match. Tracing the control paths, Khoren finds them leading to a small room in the back. The door opens to the back room without issue. In there are consoles cubes where the circuits lead from each panel into each cube.

Even though all but one of the food panels are lit, all the cubes have power. Khoren picked the one cube that was connected the broken food panel. He opens it up and carefully removes several of the crystals. He comes back out and offers them to Darazen and Vult.

Vult takes one of the crystals and it slides into the holder where the burnt crystal was it it starts to glow. The crystal flickers and one or the others starts to hum and vibrate.

(Vult and Darazen: Intellect and a speed check)
May 8, 2015 7:10 pm
Rolls requested...

Rolls

Intellect - specialized, effort, book - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Speed - (1d20)

(9) = 9

May 8, 2015 7:59 pm
((ooc: Khoren basks in the awesomeness of Darazen's intellect!))
May 8, 2015 8:08 pm
Qralloq says:
((ooc: Khoren basks in the awesomeness of Darazen's intellect!))
Ooc: Darazen basks in the awesomeness of Darazen's intellect. Lol
May 9, 2015 1:44 am
The vibrating crystal starts to hum and Darazan knows he had to get it out quickly. If it shatters, it may detroy the assembly. He reaches in and pulls on the green crystal. He feels a tinge or tingle. He pulls a bit harder and it comes free and the panel powers down.

Darazan looks at the green crystal in hand and it looks like it was damaged too. He sorts through the loose ones Khoren brought back and finds one that looks close in size and color. He puts it into the place where the other was and the whole closes around the slightly smaller crystal. It lights up as does the rest of the panel. There si no smoke, or alarm and it seems to be working okay. Darazen closes the panel and the front lights up with the familar controls.

(XP Award: 2 XP each to Darazen, Volt and Khoren for fixing the broken door).

Darazen looks over to Utazó. "Catch", he tosses the cracked crystal, "You like broken things. Or you like to break things... I forget."
May 9, 2015 1:44 am
With the door panel fixed, you can move on.
May 9, 2015 1:12 pm
"Good job everyone. I think I know a bit about how these doors work now."

With that Darazen draws on his previous door research and uses the panel to adjust atmosphere and gravity either side of the door to assure safe passage. When the door opens he says, "Let's get moving!" Then stands aside to allow beefier types to take the lead.

Rolls

Intellect - open door - effort, specialized, book - (1d20)

(13) = 13

May 9, 2015 2:56 pm
Drawing his cloak around him, one hand on a dagger hilt beneath, Khoren Apraxin makes eye contact with the others. Taking a deep breath as the door opens, he steps beyond and begins exploring the area.
May 9, 2015 5:17 pm
Utazó watches as the thrown crystal soars several feet to her right, well out of her reach. As it crashes into the floor she rolls her eyes, places her hand on the hilt of her sword, and heads out the door behind Khoren. "Nice toss!" she chides as she passes Darazen.
May 18, 2015 10:08 am
Ooc: depends where "here" is. If it is 238,000 miles from where we started then I don't know ;)
May 19, 2015 4:43 pm
As the door opens, the lights snap on and gravity goes to normal, Khoren and Utazó take point. At the end of the 120 ft corridor, a shape falls to the floor in a puff a dust and clatter of debris (perception check, Khoren and Utazó have an "asset" or "advantage" of two levels as they are on point) . A door is closed at the end.

About 70 ft down, a corridor opens to the right and continues 40 ft before ending in a door.
May 19, 2015 5:02 pm
Khoren peers at the end of the corridor, trying to see what fell. He stealthily approaches, signalling Utazo to hang back as he peeks around down the branching corridor opening to the right. Overhead, he imagines that he can feel the rocks crashing down around them, and feels anxious. If he is uncertain what it was that fell, he will ask the others quietly to wait at the intersection while Utazo and he approach, cloak wrapped enigmatically around him.
EDIT: ooc: haha, I guess that he has the cloak pulled to high.
Last edited May 19, 2015 5:02 pm

Rolls

Perception, with 2 levels of asset - (1d20)

(1) = 1

May 19, 2015 9:57 pm
"What was that? I'm not seeing ghosts again, am I?"

Rolls

Perception [with assets] - (1d20)

(11) = 11

May 20, 2015 4:59 am
Drawing a throwing dagger, Yui spots Khoren as he approaches the fallen mass.
OOC: Do I roll, or is it only for Khoren and Utazo? But heres a roll just in case.
Last edited May 20, 2015 4:59 am

Rolls

just in case: perception - (1d20)

(17) = 17

May 20, 2015 11:12 pm
Darazen waits for everyone to leave the room before closing the door, somewhat oblivious to what's happening in the corridor.
load next

Thread locked