Recommend me a monitor?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 7, 2017 10:19 pm
Unfortunately, both my monitors are dying. One is a 10 year old workhorse, Samsung 21" 1600x1200. Great monitor, lasted a great time, and Samsung gave me great customer support. I love them for it. My second is 2-3 years old, a 27" Monoprice, 2560x1600. It started giving me problems basically a year in. Now both are on the fritz.

I need new monitors, but I'm well out of touch with what is good these days. I know I want to replace the 27" first, something about the same size as I have limited desk space, IPS, 2560x1600 or greater resolution, something good for gaming and graphic editing if possible (color neutral).

Are any of you well versed with monitors and can make me a recommendation or point me in a direction?
Feb 8, 2017 7:58 pm
I've always gone for Dell for myself. They're pricier but tend to be good quality monitors with good response times and some vertical adjustment (which I'm surprised more monitors don't offer). But to be fair, I focus more on gaming and brightness (due to positioning of the computer at my home) and less on color trueness -- which I think is more important for your job.
Feb 8, 2017 8:25 pm
I own a Samsung myself and have no complain about it. So I guess I would recommend a Samsung...

You do not have permission to post in this thread.