D&D 5E: Warlock & Wizard (UA)

Feb 15, 2017 6:52 am
Warlock: new patrons and invocations.

Wizard: new Arcane Tradition.

Me likey! PDF here.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GYb5_D3GP5g/V2yIRD72a8I/AAAAAAAAHu8/7DQcp4nRlHodMSbHySDfCZl4x_aY9V_OACLcB/s1600/336burningheands.jpg
Last edited February 15, 2017 6:57 am
Feb 15, 2017 8:07 pm
Love the Hexblade !!
Feb 15, 2017 8:15 pm
Hexblade is great, don't have much opinion on the Raven Queen yet (except for: AMAZING SCOUT), and the Lore Master is overpowered beyond belief.

Example: At level 6, two level one spell slots equals a magic missile that does 2d10+1d4+1 force damage to three different targets.

Example 2: Force damage Fireball, one mile away, that targets Int saves (a nearly universally bad save among monsters)
Feb 15, 2017 9:17 pm
I think the 1st level spell slot bonus is a bit op, I would consider lowering the damage dice to be more inline with the potential damage output of a first level spell (I Think 2d6 is good, worse then flame hands but that has a save attached to it). A better solution might be a bit of reordering. 2d10 damage on all targets from a third level spell is pretty balanced (similar argument to above, call lightning is 3d10 but has a save), and I think the bonus from using a 2nd and 3rd level spell slot were both kind of weak so pushing each of those down Should be balanced.

I'm not sure how to fix spell secret, changing the damage type is already a pretty strong ability, and I'd feel tempted to just drop the second part of that power. The side bar offers a potential solution, you could require your player to justify why their new save is the case. In the examples it makes sense what the new saves are based on their descriptions, but for example if be hard pressed to find a good description that would make something an Int save...
Feb 15, 2017 9:19 pm
Actually I think I would reduce the range bonus if I was making it worth a 1st level slot; maybe changing it to double the range of its range is 30 ft or more.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.