Link to Game Forum from Game!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 24, 2017 1:35 am
When I select "Games" from the main menu above, the drop down shows me the option to view "All Games" or a specific game I've created. When I select the game I created, it takes me to a page that basically describes the game... but I can't actually get to the gameplay forum from this page. I think I should be able to go directly from this page TO the game forum itself.

Does that make sense?
Feb 24, 2017 1:50 am
At the bottom of that page will be a red bar. On that red bar, click forum and it'll take you there
Feb 24, 2017 3:41 pm
Oh crazy—below the "footer" of the page? I never would have thought to look down there for content related to the game details. That's some funky navigation.

But, thanks for the info—glad to know it's there.
Feb 24, 2017 3:42 pm
Also, you can go the the Forum link at the top of the page and then scroll down to the "Game Forums" area and it will show all of the games you are in as long as you have "Show Public Games" set to off (red)
Feb 24, 2017 4:19 pm
Are you accessing the site on mobile? For a desktop browser, it's a floating red bar so the links are always visible.
Feb 24, 2017 4:22 pm
I though I resolved the floating footer not floating on mobile... Guess I didn't...

I think I'm going to have to buy an old-ish iPhone to do better testing :/
Feb 24, 2017 5:05 pm
I'm currently on a desktop—and the red bar does float, but it's always on the bottom. It's so directly useful, I'd prefer it at the top. If the browser window is open and the page doesn't have enough content to push the footer off the page... that red bar sits on the bottom under the footer, which makes it seem totally disconnected from the page's game content/navigation.

On mobile (iOS), the top menu is not optimized for mobile. The entire header/nav bar is displayed at 100% width, which makes it very small zooming in affords a more likely ability to select the right game from the drop down menu, but the Profile drop down is inaccessible when zoomed in... so I can not select "Messages". It's right at the edge of my mobile (when displayed at 100%) but too small to accurately 'click' on the right option.

I'm hope I don't come across as complaining—just giving user feedback. I do this stuff for a living (UX/UI) as a Creative Director. I don't do the coding, but I know what it can/can't do. Anyway, if this is helpful stuff, I'll keep it up. If it's annoying, I'll stop. :) Just let me know.
Feb 24, 2017 5:32 pm
I always appreciate feedback. Unfortunately, I'm a dev with limited testing tools, and while I can do UI/UX stuff, it's definitely not my forte. I'm working on shrinking the top menu into a hamburger at certain breakpoints, but the original structure is actually a bit annoying for it. I'll come up with a solution, just haven't found it yet without massive rewrites.

As for the Game Menu bar, yah, I've heard a few times, the positioning isn't great, and I've considered moving it to the top, but it doesn't look quite right there. I'm sure there's a better placement, I just haven't found it yet. The entire site could use a UI rework...

You do not have permission to post in this thread.