General functionality question

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 1, 2017 1:43 am
Does the system actually provide some sort of functionality in the forum game or is it just about establishing the character sheets for simplicity of creation?

Thanks and sorry I'm new here :)
Mar 1, 2017 2:33 am
The system selected, as far as I know, doesn't affect the game other than as a label (though it used to be the way to determine which sheet was accepted in the game. Character sheets are separate from the system selection when making a game and you can allow more than one
Mar 1, 2017 4:47 am
Right now, the system is used as an identifier so people know what sort of game you're looking to run. It also affects the LFG settings, which allows players to get an email when a game they're looking for gets created. I've been considering how I want the game system to affect the forums; it's a tough decision to make. Eventually, I'll have the character sheets more closely integrated with the forums, such as the ability to make roll straight off your character sheet. With systems, however, it's tougher to say, as people run games differently, and being too limiting would be bad for game hacks. That said, I'll end up making general tools you can add on to any game, regardless of system.
Mar 2, 2017 1:40 am
I think it'd be a really useful feature if you could reference values from the sheet into the dice roller. Like (Dexterity+Brawl)d10 or 1d20+StrengthMod or whatever

You do not have permission to post in this thread.