Character Creation

Apr 28, 2015 8:14 am
Pitch your character ideas here :-)
Apr 28, 2015 9:17 pm
I already approved most of the characters but you should give the other players an idea about them. I don't expect a backstory in novel quality for an oldschool dungeoncrawl but please give a 3 to 5 sentences description of your charater. What makes him/her tick? What are his/her most recognizable features/traits? This is where your characters gain their individuality. It is also very helpful for roleplaying to give your character a unique quirk. So how is your character different from Joe Blow farmer?
Apr 29, 2015 2:30 am
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/creative-universes/images/a/af/Fire_mage_by_yobtaf-d4d6btj.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130407230240
Veldebrand
Human Sorcerer Level 1

BOD: 8 ST:0 CO:4
MOB: 4 AG:0 DX:4
MND: 8 IN: 1, AU:1+1=2

HP: 22, DEF: 12, IN: 4, MR: 3, MAT: 8, RAT: 8, SPC: 10, TSC: 12+1

Talents: Dodge*, Fire magic.

Spell: Firebeam CTN:15 (TSC 12+1+1(firemagic)+1(spell SM)=15)

Equipment: Quarterstaff (WB+1, TSC+1), Runic Robes (+1 AU), Rucksack, Bedroll, Waterskin, Flint & Steel, 2 healing herbs, Pipe, Smoke Herb (5).

Coin: 9 sp

Background
Veldebrand was a mage apprentice within the Vestrach Merchant Guild when he found a book on black magic, sorcery, within the Grand Library. Sorcery, outlawed in the large city, is known for being a 'fast path' to magical power. The Guild and Veldebrand had a 'mutual agreement' that he would leave the order and the city. Undaunted, Veldebrand now seeks a life of adventure (and hopefully more spells for his grimmoire.

Personality
Veldebrand tends to think rather highly of himself and often says the things others may be thinking (getting him into trouble). While not evil, he definitely has a mercenary streak and is drawn to the potential to gain in his magical learnings. Regardless, he's not completely selfish and recognizes when someone is in real need. He's very concerned with his physical appearance, keeping himself neatly coiffed. He works out and is proud that he had 'the best abs in magic school".
Apr 29, 2015 6:07 am
best abs in magic school? sounds as hard as best abs of informatics major class :-D an i know i am a software developer. very nice :-D
Apr 29, 2015 7:38 am
Two of three characters are submitted in the game. As soon as Dextolen adds his mage I'll start up the game :-)

This will be interesting. We have two meat shields and a blaster. Rogue and healer slots are open.
Backgrounds for Rollo and Graphtor are still missing...

So watch for traps and keep an eye on your health... :-D
Apr 29, 2015 9:58 am
I strongly recommend somebody take a healer!
Apr 29, 2015 10:19 am
Or potions will be a lot more valuable... And it is a good gold sink if you have to hire one...
Hirelings are totally oldshool and I'd allow a few...
Apr 30, 2015 8:21 pm
http://digital-art-gallery.com/oid/18/640x796_4864_DwarfHammer_2d_character_dwarf_fantasy_role_playing_picture_image_digital_art.jpg
GRAPTHOR
Dwarven Fighter Level 1

Grapthor suffers from chronic indigestion and is constantly grumbling about it. His stomach troubles aren't surprising, given the copious amounts of food and ale he consumes. He has a bit of a gambling problem. Though not truly xenophobic, he often blurts out mildly racist comments that tend to get him into fights. On top of that, his speech is marked with a generous helping of cussing and blaspheming. Basically, an all around nice guy. Despite this often abrasive personality he is fiercely loyal and dependable. He's got your back.
Last edited April 30, 2015 8:26 pm
Apr 30, 2015 9:40 pm
http://th06.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/163/f/4/dwarven_cleric_by_da_blue_monkey-d53ag9q.jpg

Barekeln Stoneforge
Dwarf Healer Level 1

BOD: 6, ST: 1, CO: 2
MOB: 6, AG: 0, DX: 2
MND: 8, IN: 2, AU: 3

HP: 18, DEF: 11, INI: 6, MR: 4
MAT: 9, RAT: 9, SPC: 12, TSC: 10

Armored Mage I: Ignores a penalty of up to 2 AV on spellcasting checks.

Healing Touch (SPC: 13, Dur: Instant, Dist: Touch, CP: 0 rounds, Effect: Heals target by check result)

Leather Armor (AV+1)
Wooden Shield (AV+1, breaks on DEF fumble)
Spear (WB+1, can be thrown -1/2m, breaks on RAT fumble)
2x Holy Water
Pendant with holy symbol
Simple clothing
Steel, flint, and tinder
Waterskin
2x Bandages
2x Healing herbs
Back pack
3x Daily rations (9 meals)
1 GP, 1 SP

Background/Personality: Barekeln is a melancholic dwarf. Named after one of his ancestor who was a great hero of his clan, life was good for Barekeln. As a cleric of his community, Berekeln managed to attract a mate, a rarity for dwarves since female dwarves are much rarer than male dwarves. All of this would not last, however, as his wife was giving birth to their first born son, there were complications and Barekeln lost both wife and son in childbirth. He found himself in a rather strange position; a priest of a deity he no longer had faith in, looking for his place in the world, Barekeln invoked the almost-forgotten tradition of "Vark-Nowarrk-Akaradd" which is some sort of dwarven walkabout for dwarves looking for their place in the world. He packed his bare necessities, and for teh first time in his life, left his clan and headed out into the unknown world, looking for meaning...
Last edited April 30, 2015 10:02 pm
May 1, 2015 6:05 pm
A bit of Background on Rollo:

He is a true viking prince. My GF loves the Irish/Canadian TV series "Vikings" and the character comes straight from there :-)
A little more background will come from herself as soon a she has a little time.

http://cdn2-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/2015/01/From-left-to-right-Floki-Gustaf-Skarsg%C3%A5rd-Queen-Aslaug-Alyssa-Sutherland-Siggy-Jessalyn-Gilsig-King-Ecbert-Linus-Roache-Rollo-Clive-Standen-Athelstan-George-Blagden-King-Ragnar-Travis-Fimmel.jpg
https://timeslipsblog.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/rollo-in-fur.jpg
http://www.buzzfocus.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Vikings201b.jpg
https://designinspirator.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/vikings-promo-rollo-vikings-tv-series-33876620-1000-1443.jpg
May 8, 2015 3:28 pm
I'll make up a backstory for Farandor sometime today or over the weekend at the very least.
May 8, 2015 5:09 pm
Fust a few sentences. Don't make up too much... :-) You're a level one without adventuring experiences. You maybe just grew out of 200 years of being an elven teenager :-)
May 12, 2015 1:29 pm
I'll be working on a character soon! Is there any role we need filled? I suppose another Scout would completely round us out.
May 12, 2015 1:37 pm
I have no special requirements. Maybe some combination we don't have yet :-)
May 12, 2015 1:54 pm
Morrowlife says:
I'll be working on a character soon! Is there any role we need filled? I suppose another Scout would completely round us out.
At the moment we have:
2 fighters, (1 human, dwarf)
1 mage (human)
1 healer (dwarf)
1 scout (elf)
May 12, 2015 4:25 pm
Sorry for the delay: Here's Farandor, your mysterious new scout friend: I've also decided to change my portrait to be a little more appropriate.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/a0/8d/77/a08d775c810837b0de0f7891b0510195.jpg

Farandor, Elven Scout

Male
Racial Abilities
- Fleet footed (Sneaking +2), Night vision (Cat like), Immortal (by aging)

BOD: 8; STR: 0; CON: 0
MOB: 8; AG: 5; DX: 5
MND: 4; IN: 0; AU: 0

HP= 18; DEF= 9; INI= 13;MR= 5
MAT= 8 (with Crowbar 9);RAT = 15

Talents:
Marksman (+1 RAT)

Equipment: Clothes, Steel Flint & tinder, Waterskin, Healing herbs (2), Blanket, Backpack, Leather Cup, Wooden Cutlery ,Wooden plate, 5 torches, Crowbar (WB+1), Sling (WB0, -1 for every 2m distance), 4 Spears(WB1, usable in melee or ranged combat), Leather armor (AV1)

Description: Farandor spent his teenage centuries wandering around in the forest, generally being a layabout as far as his parents were concerned. "Go get a job" They would say, "go study magic like your brother Malachor", they would say. These were not what Farandor was interested in, he prefered exploring the forests, doing some hunting here and there, earning occasional cash for guiding adventurers through the forest, or helping them find things. The cash would almost always be blown on ale at whatever tavern he stumbled into, as it was when he got that juicy tidbit from the merchant that led him to a new taver, the "Forest's Edge"...
Last edited May 12, 2015 4:28 pm
May 14, 2015 2:12 pm
Here is my character, hope he will fit in! :)

http://i.imgur.com/e6oGHUq.jpg

Name: Donnic
Class: Scout
Race: Human
Level: 1

ATTRIBUTES:
Body: 4
Mobility: 8
Mind: 8

TRAITS:
Strength: 0
Constitution: 1
Agility: 2
Dexterity: 4
Intellect: 3
Aura: 0

COMBAT VALUES
Hit Points: 15
Defense: 5
Initiative: 10+1
Movement Rate: 5
Melee Attack: 4
Ranged Attack: 12+1
Spellcasting: 8
Targeted Spellcasting: 12

TALENTS:
Thievery (I): +2 per rank regarding all checks concerned with detecting or disarming traps, emptying other people's pockets, picking locks or cheating when gambling.
Dodge (I): Once per talent rank and fight the character may completely ignore one melee attack against him (counts as a free action). **House ruled to be able to be used after the attack has been rolled?**

Equipment:
Backpack
Simple clothing
Steel, flint and tinder
A waterskin
Healing herbs (2)
A blanket
Short Bow (1 WB, Initiative +1)
Daily Rations (3 meals)
Lock Pick
Torches (5)
Rope (10m)
1G 4S 5C

The man known as "Donnic"
The amount of information compiled about the man known as "Donnic" is scarce to say the least, just as he would have it. What is known is he was raised in a larger city by parents who were of a middle socioeconomic class. Donnic, in an attempt to aid his struggling family, began working as a "handy-man." Mostly his jobs would involve fixing something mechanical or serving as an extra hand on the docks... and then there was the occasional unpleasantness. People who were pleased with his mechanical work began to ask for morally questionable side jobs: a picked door lock here, an open window for an escape route there, and a few different cases of general pick-pocket. As far as Donnic was concerned, such was life. At least that's what he thought until one day he was, as one would say, forcibly removed from his home.

Nowadays, Donnic keeps his past to himself. He keeps a simple practice: you need a job done, you call Donnic.
Last edited May 14, 2015 3:38 pm
May 14, 2015 2:20 pm
Hands down the scout is the hardest DS character to play. Caught between needing combat prowess and brains to find traps, they end up being stretched thin and in danger most of the time!

Welcome aboard!
May 14, 2015 2:36 pm
Haha, thanks! I figured without a little tension, what fun is it? If I play my character anything like the idea I have for him, he should be smart enough not to get himself killed ;)
May 14, 2015 2:39 pm
A thief nicely completes our D&D character set :-)
Please submit the character to the game.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.