What (D&D) module would you like to play?

Apr 28, 2015 9:51 am
Hi,

I'm thinking of running D&D classic modules using the DungeonSlayers rules. But I'm open to any suggestions. What would you like to play in?
I'll put the best/most suggestested modules in a poll...

Votes:
- Castle Amber: 1
- Keep on the Borderlands: 2
- Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: 1
Last edited April 30, 2015 2:58 pm
Apr 28, 2015 9:54 am
Suggestion: Basic D&D X2 Castle Amber
Apr 28, 2015 9:54 am
Suggestion Basic D&D B1 Keep on the Borderlands
Apr 28, 2015 9:53 pm
Keep on the Borderlands would certainly bring back some old memories. :-)
Apr 29, 2015 6:39 am
That's the idea :-)
Keep the suggestions coming...
Last edited April 29, 2015 6:41 am
Apr 30, 2015 2:54 pm
A very good module I played with my party, but which will require some work on the part of the GM because it shows the module was rushed out, was Expedition to Castle Ravenloft. If you're willing to work around the faulty monster stat blocks, and modify a bit the replacement NPCs because as they stand now, they will not survive the encounter in which the PCs meet them, the module is very good and captures the feel of the original it attempts to emulate.
Apr 30, 2015 2:57 pm
I'll most likely be running the modules in Dungeonslayers. So I need to convert monsters and NPCs anyway :-) Do you by chance know the number of that module?
Apr 30, 2015 3:22 pm
Yeah, I was also tempted to run it in DS as well, that and AEG's World's Largest Dungeon... if I ever feel like a masochist... XD
The main obstacle I can see in converting ECR to DS is that monsters like the vampire are not in the core book, although I did made a good a conversion for the vampire on the dungeonslayers forum.
Hmm, I'm looking on my copy of Expedition to Castle Ravenloft and I can't really find any numbering, unless you want one of the ISBN numbers...
May 12, 2015 4:56 am
Ravenloft was I6. Not sure if it is the same one kalajel is speaking of, as there is no 'Expedition to...' in the title. I6 is the original AD&D Ravenloft title.

I want to run it for Halloween this year, and get all dressed up like Strahd.

EDIT: Just looked it up and Expedition to... is a 3.5 module. So no classic numbering.
Last edited May 12, 2015 4:59 am
May 28, 2015 2:58 pm
I want to run White Plume Mountain and Queen of Spiders. I've heard good things about both.
May 28, 2015 3:01 pm
I think I'm going to start Castle amber after the next short adventure for my DungeonSlayers Group.
Sep 6, 2015 2:18 pm
There are several that I'd love to play, in part because our campaigns never get that far.

CM1 - Test of the Warlords
DA1 - Adventures in Blackmoor

I dream of one day getting a campaign to Master level, but I'm beginning to doubt that'll ever happen if I hold out on playing through from level 1. So I'd also love to play
M1 - Into the Maelstrom

EDIT: Not having played Dungeonslayers extensively, I don't know how well it scales to mid- and high-level D&D. What do you think?
Last edited September 6, 2015 2:22 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.