Inspired without direction

Mar 13, 2017 10:59 pm
I've recently re-watched Star Wars: the Clone Wars, caught up with The Venture Bros season 6, and now re-watching Red vs Blue.
As is what I'm assuming to be pretty common, I'm inspired to play something as I watch these shows. There are plenty of Star Wars systems, but what to play to get that Venture Bros or Red vs Blue feel? I think in order to scratch that RvB itch I'll have to jump into a video game. I've got Warframe in mind. I also suspect that itch will need the right attitude more than the system.
I dunno. Your thoughts? What shows/movies/other media inspire you?
Mar 14, 2017 12:06 pm
So, I feel that I should clarify something. For RvB, I want to play more in the style of the Freelancers. For Venture Bros, I like the idea of arching with the Guild of Calamitous Intent with all their crazy rules and not-always-lethal ways.
Mar 14, 2017 6:38 pm
For RvB, I did found a few fan-made Halo games on the net. You should check my resource thread for those...

Edit: Thread is here.
Last edited March 14, 2017 6:39 pm
Mar 14, 2017 6:59 pm
Cortex Plus is my go-to for settings without an obvious system. It can do literally anything.

Venture Brothers would probably be best under a cross-hack of the Heroic and Drama versions. But depends on what you want the game to be about - like what kind of interactions you want to "zoom in on".
Mar 15, 2017 12:44 pm
Thank, emsquared. Gamersplane has introduced me to a lot of systems I've never heard of.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.