GM post as player?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 14, 2017 5:09 pm
Any chance we could get a feature like this? This would be particularly useful when a player just disappears on you.
Mar 14, 2017 5:11 pm
Is this for the GM only, or do you mean that a player could give another player permission to post as their character?
Mar 14, 2017 5:16 pm
This was brought to me recently, and I'm looking into it, but would require a rewrite of the way I generate some information/permissions. It'd be only for GMs to start, though maybe in the future, we could look into more expansive permissions.
Mar 14, 2017 5:17 pm
I was just thinking for the gm
Mar 14, 2017 5:40 pm
Somewhat related: currently as a GM you are able to edit your player's posts, but the moment you do that the authorship of that post then transfers to you. I'm not sure if that's accurate: I don't know if your player can still edit it afterwards or not, but while you're editibg it the Post As dropdown definitely only gives you the option to post as GM or as one of your NPC's.

I wish it was possible as GM to go in and edit a player's post to fix some spelling or whatever, and have the post remain attributed to the player.

Does that make sense?
Mar 14, 2017 5:48 pm
I've experienced it slightly differently. As a GM, I can edit a player's post, but cannot save it as a player's character. That is, if I save and edit a post made by Jabes.Character, it reverts to Jabes.Player. The drop-down menu only shows me "Player" and any of my characters (NPCs, GM-run PCs, etc) as options.
Mar 14, 2017 6:05 pm
CancerMan says:
I've experienced it slightly differently. As a GM, I can edit a player's post, but cannot save it as a player's character. That is, if I save and edit a post made by Jabes.Character, it reverts to Jabes.Player. The drop-down menu only shows me "Player" and any of my characters (NPCs, GM-run PCs, etc) as options.
Same
Mar 14, 2017 6:07 pm
Ah, I may be remembering incorrectly. Thinking back now (it happened a long while back) it probably did happen as CancerMan described it.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.