Brent Dontin—Human Healer

May 2, 2015 6:38 pm
Brent is a human who was born on Bilbringi, in the inner rim. That doesn't mean much to him, however, since he was raised on Coruscant at the Jedi temple. At an early age he showed great aptitude with the healing arts. Before he was even trained in how to use a lightsaber he was patching younglings and padawans up with training saber burns.

When the Clone Wars erupted, Brent was still a padawan, under the tutelage of Master Tyre; a Mon Cal master healer. During the war, Brent and Master Tyre travelled to the various medical stations around the galaxy to help heal the clones, but rarely saw and direct combat. The aftermath, however, was very plain for him to see. War changes everyone, even the doctors/healers who never see the front lines. While still compassionate for the hurt clones, he has developed a disdain for those who started the war, and those who refuse to end it.

Character: Brent Dontin
Species: Human
Career: Consular
Specialization Trees: Healer

Soak: 3 (+1 from armour) — Wound Threshold: 12 — Strain Threshold: 14 — Defense: 0|0

Characteristics
Brawn: 2 — Agility 2 — Intellect 3 — Cunning 2 — Willpower 3 — Presence 2

Skills
1 Cool Y
2 Discipline Y
Knowledge (Education) Y
Knowledge (Lore) Y
1 Knowledge (Xenology) Y
1 Leadership Y
1 Medicine Y
Negotiation Y
1 Piloting (Space) N
1 Ranged (Light) N

Gear
Portable healing kit (100CR)
Concealing Robes (150CR, 1 soak)
Holdout blaster (200CR, D5|C4|Short|Enc 1|HP1|Stun setting)
Comlink (25CR)

XP
Total XP: 110 — Available XP: 0

Motivations
Ambition: Galactic Peace
Morality
Strength: Compassion — Weakness: Hatred — Rating: 50

Talents
R1C2 Healing Trance
R2C2 Physician
R3C3 Grit

XP Expenditure
110 base
-30 Intelligence 3
-20 Heal/Harm
-05 Healing Trance
-10 Physician
-15 Grit
-30 Willpower 3
Note that I still haven't chosen my Morality modifier yet. I could still have the +10XP, +2.5k CR, or the +5XP/+1k CR. Haven't decided which yet.

Thoughts, comments, etc please!
Last edited May 2, 2015 7:24 pm
May 2, 2015 6:42 pm
Tell me about your character!
May 2, 2015 7:46 pm
I'm curious, why opt for the more expensive R3C2 Grit over buying both R1C3 Rapid Recovery + R2C3 Grit? That'd give you +1 strain and +1 strain recovery. But the more expensive R3C2 Grit does get you closer to Force Rating 2/Dedication. However, I guess you could take the +5 XP and buy R1C3 Rapid Recovery if you wanted it.

Looks like we're playing rebels with different goals and similar opinions.
May 3, 2015 1:23 pm
RustInPieces says:
I'm curious, why opt for the more expensive R3C2 Grit over buying both R1C3 Rapid Recovery + R2C3 Grit? That'd give you +1 strain and +1 strain recovery. But the more expensive R3C2 Grit does get you closer to Force Rating 2/Dedication. However, I guess you could take the +5 XP and buy R1C3 Rapid Recovery if you wanted it.

Looks like we're playing rebels with different goals and similar opinions.
I went with the more expensive Grit because I'm working my way to the +1 FR talent. My goal, as befits a white mage concept, is to get my hands on the Protect/Unleash power. However, it requires FR3. So I'm getting the expensive talents out of the way so FR2 comes quicker, then I can hop over to Guardian/Protector and do the C2 straight-shot to FR+1, getting some really nice healing-related talents along the way.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.