Jado Karrstaers, Shii-Cho Knight

May 2, 2015 7:12 pm
Taking Chigg's character posting as inspiration, here's my character. I figured a rough and tumble Coruscanti kid would be a good addition to the mix. While writing the backstory I came up with some changes, so I'll need to fix up my sheet in the gamer's plane system.

Comments or suggestions?

-------------------------

Name: Jado Karrstaers

Morality: Independence / Coldness (50)

Background:

Jado was born an urchin in the Coruscant underworld. What little he remembers of his childhood is one of struggle: the strong versus the weak in a battle of survival. Gangs, subhuman creatures, friends, and more all competed for the same limited resources. That turmoil, treachery, and murderous environment shaped Jado into an intense, independent child.

Attunement to the force came later than usual, so he wasn't rescued from that abyss for quite some time. Discovery came when a Jedi Master Tyre sensed a spike of fear, rage, and pain nearby with echoes of the dark side. It was fortunate that Tyre and her padawan Brent discovered Jado when she did, as the scene revealed that he had been cornered by a gang and beaten to a bloody pulp. Young though he was, Jado had given better than he'd gotten with just his bare fists against several adults. At least, until his skull had been shattered. It took all Master Tyre's skill in the force to heal him. Because of the trauma to his head, Jado remembers little to nothing other than his identity before awakening in the alleyway to see Tyre and Brent kneeling beside him. A friendship between Brent and Jado formed from their chance meeting, one that has lasted all the way to the present day.

Forgetting all but the generalities of his childhood was probably for the best, as it gave Jado little reason to consider the dark side. His independent streak continued, and he was often willful and rebellious when things didn't suit him. But he was also a capable student and a fast study. His childhood had prepared him well for a lifetime as a warrior, so he was apprenticed to Tikkas Nolusk, a Quarren Jedi Master. In order that Jado might be made useful more quickly, Master Nolusk focused his training on combat rather than peace and politics.

Species: Human

Special Abilities: 2 ranks in different non-career skills; 110 base XP

Abilities

Brawn: 4
Agility: 2
Intellect: 2
Cunning: 3
Willpower: 2
Presence: 2

Wound Threshold: 14
Strain Threshold: 12
Soak: 5 (4 + 1 from armor)

Career / Specialization: Warrior / Shii-Cho Knight

Career Skills

Athletics - 0
Brawl - 1
Cool - 0
Melee - 0
Perception - 1
Survival - 1

Specialization Skills

Athletics - 1
Coordination - 0
Lightsaber - 1
Melee - 0

Other / Bonus Skills

Force Rating - 1
Streetwise - 1
Skulduggery - 1

Talents:

R1C1 Parry
R1C2 Second Wind
R2C1 Second Wind

Force Powers none

Motivation: Cause: Help the Helpless

Gear:

Concealing Robes
Comlink (handheld)
Stimpack ✕ 3
Electronic Lock Breaker
Climbing Gear
Macrobinoculars
Backpack

50 Credits

---------------------------

XP Breakdown

120 (110 human + 10 morality choice)
---
-70 for Brawn ranks 3 & 4
-30 for Cunning rank 3
---
-05 Parry
-05 Second Wind
-10 Second Wind
---
Last edited May 5, 2015 2:03 am
May 2, 2015 7:15 pm
Nice backstory. And he's a big burly dude. I like it.
May 2, 2015 7:23 pm
It looks like you took the bonus morality. Your morality should be 71, not 72 (unless I'm missing something).
May 2, 2015 7:35 pm
Actually, I made a mistake: 72 is the roll for the morality, the rating is 50. I took the +10 XP bonus, actually. Good catch, I'll correct it in a moment.

I think it's rather funny that 3 of us wound up taking Human. Bearkat did too, I think.
May 2, 2015 10:15 pm
You want to say the Master who found/healed you is Master Tyre from Eldrich's backstory?
May 2, 2015 11:33 pm
That could work, but I think I'd have to update my backstory as I referenced the master as a she, and I'm assuming that Master Tyre is male. Eldritch, is Tyre male?
May 3, 2015 2:53 pm
RustInPieces says:
That could work, but I think I'd have to update my backstory as I referenced the master as a she, and I'm assuming that Master Tyre is male. Eldritch, is Tyre male?
Gender was never assigned, so Master Tyre is now female. Would it be OK with you if Brent was with his master when she found you, and thus we became friends?
Last edited May 3, 2015 2:54 pm
May 3, 2015 2:56 pm
RustInPieces says:

I think it's rather funny that 3 of us wound up taking Human. Bearkat did too, I think.
Humans are the dominant species in the galaxy, so it makes sense that our group is mostly human. Odd, though, to be sure. Most of my prior groups in any game where "humans are the norm" the group was mostly not.
May 3, 2015 6:34 pm
EldritchFire says:
Gender was never assigned, so Master Tyre is now female. Would it be OK with you if Brent was with his master when she found you, and thus we became friends?
Fine by me. It might come in handy to say that Jado has had a long time friend, so that when his quirks/amnesia stand out Brent can jump in. I'll revise my backstory to include Brent and Tyre.
May 3, 2015 7:21 pm
So your jedi master's name was Tyre? Does that make you the Tyrolean Jedi?
May 3, 2015 7:40 pm
Heh, no.

Master Tyre is Brent's master, so he's the Tyrolean Jedi, not Jado. I haven't come up with a name for Jado's master yet. It's been a busy day, so I haven't had the time to think about it.
May 5, 2015 2:04 am
Updated the end of the backstory by naming his master, and put a quick blurb in there about his training.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.