Callis Faust- Human Sentinel/Engineer

May 3, 2015 4:38 am
Background ( working draft)

Callis came from a family of mechanics. His family owned a space based salvage operation that worked on the outer rim territory. From the time as he was able to walk he always was with one of his parents working on the various pieces of space salvage from the battles between warring pirate cartels. His father had been a Republic soldier for a bit, but had left the service when he met his mother while stationed on Corellia, where she was working for CorSec.

When Callis was 9, the Jedi found his family by way of a chance meeting. They had made planet fall on Corellia to visit some of his mother’s family and to sell some recent salvage from the outer rim. Callis and his father were working a deal to sell off the cargo that they had recently acquired. While in the process of selling the cargo. His father was approached by a man in padded armor. It looked to Callis like he was some sort of mechanic or something similar, but he noticed an odd thing. Most grease monkeys he knew didn’t carry lightsabers on their belts. While the 2 men talked, he could see the older man in the armor gesturing towards his general direction and the look of disbelief on his father’s face.

He wandered over, not wanting to intrude on business. He knew that it was important that they get a good price for the cargo. His father introduced Callis, to the man that would one day become his teacher, an Alderaanian Jedi Knight Arn Giles.

It was a blur of emotion from his family. That found him swept from the salvage barge to being taken by Master Giles to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. He was a bit older than some of the other students, so he really became more of a loner. He found himself getting lost in the millions of years of records and books in the Jedi library. Never having access to this kind of information when he was with his family in deep space was thrilling to him and lit the spark of imagination inside him. So, he began to read constantly on his small data slate. He read books on mechanical and scientific theory in addition to his normal classes on the Force at the temple.

As he progressed in his training it became very apparent that he had a natural drive to understand things. Even after being placed with his Master as his padawan, he continued to amaze others at the depth and constant drive to learn new things. Its about this time that the natural scientist and mechanic in him started to show even more. Master Giles would constantly find mechanical parts about his quarters and diagram of new theoretical designs on his data slate. Never the less, he encouraged Callis to continue to and expand his knowledge, but cautioned against the obsessive desire for knowledge and that his duty to the Galaxy was as a peacekeeper and the use of the Force and it is an ongoing struggle he fights to this day.

Name Species
Callis Faust Human
Career Specialization Total XP Spent XP
Sentinel/Engineer Artisan/Mechanic 120 120
Brawn 2
Agility 3
Intellect 3
Cunning 2
Willpower 2
Presence 2

Defense (Melee) 0
Defense (Ranged) 0
Soak 0
Strain (Max) 12
Strain (Current) 0
Wounds (Max) 14
Wounds (Current) 0

Skills

Astrogation Int 1
Computers Int 1
Deception Cun 0
Knowledge (Core Worlds) Int 1
Knowledge (Education) Int 1
Mechanics Int 1
Perception Wil 0
Skullduggery Wil 0
Stealth Agi 1
Brawl Bra 0
Piloting (Space) Agi 1
Lightsaber Bra 1
Coordnation Agi 1

Talents

Toughened
Mental Tools
Gearhead

Weapons

Knife Melee
Damage Range Critical
+1 Engaged 3

Notes

Items

216 Credits
Backpack
Heavy Clothing
Hand Held Comlink
Data Pad
Electronic Lock Break x2
Rations x5
Combat Knife

Motivations
Cause: Over Throw the Empire

Obligations
Morality Curiosity/Obsession

Notes
Force Rating 1
Last edited May 4, 2015 11:21 pm
May 5, 2015 12:28 pm
I like the backstory you've written, it compliments the morality you selected quite nicely. I think Callis will come in handy, because things break all the time in Star Wars. Especially when they're needed, or vouched for. ;)
May 5, 2015 4:44 pm
Thanks! Good to know he will be useful!!:)
May 5, 2015 7:16 pm
Just a few notes:

• Your soak should be 3, not 0: soak is Brawn + armour. Your 2 Brawn +1 for heavy clothing
• Your career is Sentinel, not Sentinel/Mechanic. You only ever have one career, but can have as many specializations as you want
• You have 5XP left, not 0

You started with 110 XP for being human, and it seems that you opted for +10 XP, giving you 120 XP total to play with.

30XP for Agility 3, 30XP for Intelligence of 3, and 30XP for an out-of-career spec (Mechanic). That's 90XP right there.

You gain three skills at rank 1 from your sentinel career, and two skills at rank 1 from Artisan. That's 5 skills at rank 1. Just for ease of writing, I'm assuming your first 5 ranked skills were taken as your free skills. Stealth is a career skill from Sentinel and Piloting (Space) is a career skill given by Mechanic (note you do not get the Engineer skills as career skills since you're not an Engineer, you're a Sentinel). Those two skills are another 5XP each. A total of 10XP for career skills.

Neither Coordination nor Lightsaber are career skills for you, which you got for being a human.

All three of your talents are tier 1, so that's 15XP.

60XP for characteristics
30XP for out-of-career specialization
10XP for career skills
15XP for talents
=115XP total
Last edited May 5, 2015 7:18 pm
May 6, 2015 12:14 am
Oh I knew that I couldn't the engineer is basically there so I know where the other specialization comes from. I should have pointed that out. I will spend that last 5 points in another talent. I was eying a couple more tier 1 talents.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.