Recruiting Suicide Squad for TOMB OF HORRORS

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 26, 2017 7:54 am
PF conversion, 4 characters to choose from: dwarven fighter, elven mage, human cleric, halfling rogue, all lvl 10. 4d6 and drop lowest for stats, reroll anything less than 8. 100,000 gp to buy equipment.
Is anybody brave enough to enter THE DEADLIEST DUNGEON EVER?

I'm not expecting 4 players, so I haven't created the game yet, but if there's interest I'll run it.
Mar 26, 2017 11:52 pm
I would be up for this. And I would like to be the rogue.
Last edited March 27, 2017 12:06 am
Mar 27, 2017 12:55 am
I'd play but don't know pathfinders
Mar 27, 2017 2:54 am
Same mechanics, a little different flavor. If you're well versed in 3.5 pathfinder will fit like a glove. Check out the masterwork tools app. SRD compilation.
Mar 27, 2017 3:06 am
If you have room still, I would be interested. Will play any of the four to allow others to pick first.
Mar 27, 2017 3:09 am
Bet. You're totally in. Creating the game now.
Mar 27, 2017 3:41 am
Klone says:
Bet. You're totally in. Creating the game now.
Sweetness! /plays Heathens to set the mood.
Mar 27, 2017 4:26 am
I'd be interested in getting more pathfinder experience under my belt. 10th level might be a bit to advanced for me though, so I won't be offended if you choose someone with more knowledge over me.
Mar 27, 2017 4:37 am
Honestly, the work that goes into a 10th level character may not be worth it to you. Odds are, yousa gonna die!! This dungeon is a meat grinder. Kinda Gary's FU to all those prideful players you see at con's. Put em in their place kinda thing.

Start drafting a character up if you want. No party will last forever in this dungeon, and I'm running it as a one-off adventure, so you can surely get in on second round if not the first. But I don't want to leave a bad taste in ur mouth for the system, so don't be disappointed if your char dies. We can just run him again anyways.
Mar 27, 2017 5:09 am
Oh, I'm very aware of characters dying, I've lost 2 in 5e and I still love the system. Like I said, making a 10th level would be good experience, might take a bit for me to get a grasp, but I wouldn't be offended if you choose someone else. I really like halflings so that is what I'd want to be, if no one is against it.
Mar 27, 2017 10:49 am
I'd be interested to give this a spin. Pretty flexible with who I'd like to play too. Is it a one-off thing or are we allowed to create multiple characters a la Rogue Legacy and continue with the new guy from where the old one died?
Mar 27, 2017 10:56 am
Always wanted to try Tomb of Horrors! PF isn't necessarily my first choice, but seriously thinking about applying because 10th level Dwarven Fighter!

Archetypes: yes or no?
Mar 28, 2017 4:22 pm
I'm just gonna say yes to archetypes. I'm just using PF cuz its free lol, my dream would be to run 2e cuz its much more challenging by all accounts.
Mar 28, 2017 4:25 pm
@dark_raider, the odds of tpk are so astronomical that I think I'll be doing one-offs with the chance to retry it. If you wanna generate more than one character and swap out I'm okay with it.
Mar 28, 2017 4:29 pm
There are other modules that I'll run under the suicide squad premise if this one goes well. Tomb of the lizard king and Temple tower and tomb are 2 I've considered.
Mar 28, 2017 4:42 pm
I would be interested in trying the Elven Mage position for this. Always wanted to hit a higher level dungeon. If the spot is open I will try it.
Mar 28, 2017 4:45 pm
I'll join if I can be the Fighter. :-)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.