D&D 5E: New Starter Spells (Unearthed Arcana)

Apr 4, 2017 2:53 pm
New cantrips and 1st level spells! PDF here.

http://images.geeknative.com.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Sun_Elf_Wizard_-_Players_Handbook_jpg_jpgcopy.jpg
Last edited April 4, 2017 2:54 pm
Apr 4, 2017 2:57 pm
I forgot to post this last night when I saw it!

I'm super excited about this one, some of the options are really cool! Wizards can make healing potions, druids get another melee cantrip option. The only thing that makes me sad is that Zephyr Strike isn't usable by wizards, because it would be super cool for a Bladesinger wizard.

Len

Apr 5, 2017 4:54 am
I like how much flavour these spells have. They provide new material for roleplaying with, but aren't powerful enough to overshadow existing spells.

Guiding hand is the only spell i didn't like ... confusing writeup for a magic compass that points to a chosen destination.
Apr 5, 2017 9:37 am
Toll the Dead is awesome! Virtue is pretty cool, especially if you use spare the dying, and then virtue- could really save someones life. Healing Elixir for Wizard is cool too. The others are meh... especially chaos bolt, which is like a carbon copy of chromatic orb, except you have to roll to see what kind of damage you do instead of picking the type yourself.
Apr 5, 2017 3:58 pm
I actually like Chaos Bolt, but to be fair I am a big fan of wild magic sorcerers so it fits the flavor quite nicely.
Apr 5, 2017 4:03 pm
CancerMan says:
I actually like Chaos Bolt, but to be fair I am a big fan of wild magic sorcerers so it fits the flavor quite nicely.
I was going to say the same. Chaos Bolt is really cool flavor for Wild Magic Sorcerers. I kind of wish there was a bit more flavor on spells like this for them. Something like, "This spell does X extra, but has a wild magic surge on a 1 or 2"

You do not have permission to post in this thread.