Lawful Good Gaming - RPGs for NPOs

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 6, 2017 2:00 am
Some of you may have seen me posting on Twitter, I'm working with Lawful Good Gaming, an group organizing RPG games, both online and in person, for charity. We'll be selecting three charities each Season, asking GMs to run games for one of the three charities, with players donating to the group for a seat at the table.

For our first Season, we're supporting:
- The Southern Poverty Law Center
- The American Immigration Law Center
- The Government Accountability Project

This Season is more politically minded, as it's what brought our group together, though future seasons will support a wide variety of groups. If you're interested in learning more, check out our Facebook page, and eventually I'll have a site up. We'd love to have more GMs run games (as you're bringing in the bucks) or join in a game to help raise the funds! And if you have any advice on how we can improve, we'd love to hear it.

To date, we've already raised over $700 and hope to break $1000 by the end of the month. Our goal is to get a consistent stream of games going each month, raising funds for great causes all the time!
Apr 6, 2017 2:14 am
Urgh, Southern Poverty Law Center, those shitstains who lied about Men's Rights groups being listed on the FBI database as hate groupslll and then lying about ever having made such claims when people called them out on this bullshit... Yeah, not too overjoyed seeing them here...
Apr 6, 2017 2:23 am
Not every group is going to be perfect, and it was done by committee. That said, the more we looked, the fewer charities we found that no one could find an objection to. We came to realize, if we looked for groups with pristine or near pristine reputations, we'd be supporting nearly no one, so we opted to go for organizations that were beneficial, and chose to go with a range or groups so that if there was one people did have objection to, it needn't be supported.
Apr 6, 2017 2:25 am
Oh, btw, you might want to know that the FBI actually labelled the SPLC a hate group.

Edit: May I suggest doctors without frontiers?
Last edited April 6, 2017 2:27 am
Apr 6, 2017 2:32 am
kalajel says:
Oh, btw, you might want to know that the FBI actually labelled the SPLC a hate group.

Edit: May I suggest doctors without frontiers?
Doctors without Borders will be a future group.

As for the link in question, an editorial, is unsubstantiated with any google searching. Other than blogs or sites that amount to little more than blogs, there's no evidence to support the claim that the FBI was distancing itself from the SPLC. In fact, the only sites I can find to support the claim are the very types of groups SPLC opposes. Rather, multiple sources, including Media Matters, which I consider quite reputable, show the claim is false, and a rumor spread to do exactly that: discredit the SPLC.
Apr 6, 2017 3:05 am
May I recommend a group for the future?
Apr 6, 2017 3:17 am
Please! I admittedly know few NPOs and always look forward to finding more organizations worth supporting.
Apr 6, 2017 3:23 am
Being an Operation Enduring Freedom veteran, I'm partial to military NPOs. Wounded Warrior, Patriots and Paws, and the Cominh Home Project are a few of my favorites.
Apr 6, 2017 3:26 am
I know of Patriots and Paws; definitely a great suggestion! We're aiming for 2-3 seasons a year right now, and there are a lot of good charities, but I'll be sure to pass the suggestions along. Thank you!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.