Email notifications of new game forum posts

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 6, 2017 11:19 am
Hi, I've been all over the site and can't see how to get this working, though I see some old threads about it.

I can subscribe to a forum, though it's not clear to me whether that does anything. I don't see any option to subsribe to individual threads, though. I've got "receive new game emails" turned on in my profile, but I'm not sure thgat's even relevant.

Thanks.
Apr 6, 2017 11:57 am
When you go to a thread, look at the top right corner of the first post. In small letters above where is says "Reply", there will be an option to subscribe to the thread
Apr 6, 2017 12:14 pm
If you're subscribed to a thread or forum, you should receive an email each time a post is made in that email or thread. The "Receive new game emails" is actually for your LFG settings. On the "My Games" page, on the right hand side, you can select games you're interested in playing, and it will email you when a game of that type is made. I realize I never added an option to not be emailed when a subscribed forum/thread gets a post, because I never added a section to view only threads you're subscribed to. I'll add that to the list of features to add and make sure to add an option to suppress emails when I do.
Apr 6, 2017 12:45 pm
Hmm, then I should be getting emails for The Expanse game, I think. But there's nothing in my spam bin or my mail server logs from gamersplane.
Apr 6, 2017 12:59 pm
Can anyone else confirm getting or not getting emails for new posts?
Apr 6, 2017 1:00 pm
I've been receiving them consistently from a variety of forums/threads.
Apr 6, 2017 1:06 pm
I am no longer recieving emails from subscribed forums
Apr 6, 2017 1:50 pm
I never have, for the record; but I'm a pretty new user. Email address looks fine though, and I got my "activate your new account" email fine.
Apr 6, 2017 1:51 pm
bluekieran says:
I never have, for the record; but I'm a pretty new user. Email address looks fine though, and I got my "activate your new account" email fine.
You must subscribe to whatever game you are in at the bottom other wise no email will be sent out
Apr 6, 2017 2:49 pm
Yeah, I have done. And to this thread now, too... Still not getting any emails.

I also run the MX for my own domain, so I can tell there's nothing coming through that's getting rejected or spam binned.
Apr 6, 2017 3:33 pm
I had the same problem when I started. turns out for some reason gamersplane.com was flagged as a spam source in gmail. had to put the domain on my allowed list
Apr 6, 2017 3:35 pm
I thought I resolved the issues of GP being marked as spam... and of course, I don't remember the instructions another user provided me. Sorry, I'm not that great with servers... I try, but very obviously, I fail hard.
Apr 6, 2017 4:05 pm
I got my emails regularly when i started and then they just stopped.
Apr 6, 2017 4:09 pm
I'm actually looking to change mail servers, but I haven't found a service I can afford yet. Hopefully once I do, we can resolve most/all these issues.
Apr 6, 2017 5:55 pm
Yeah, I still don't think it's getting spam-binned at my end. Also, if I try to change my email address in the user control panel, it just ignores the click to "save" as far as I can tell.
Apr 6, 2017 7:14 pm
When you change your email, it sends you an email confirming you wanted to change it... which is sucky when you're not getting emails :/
Apr 7, 2017 8:39 am
It sends to the old one, or just the new? My twisted.org.uk address forwards to my Gmail

Do most messages come from contact@gamersplane.com, or www-data@synchronium.com? I found the latter in the headers of my initial verification email, and I do see some spam hits for it in my mailserver logs; going to try whitelisting it.

Edit: That appears to have done it. While the messages show up in my inbox as being from contact@gamersplane.com, they don't use that address in transit so "gamersplane" doesn't show up in the mail logs. Sorted now, anyhow!
Last edited April 7, 2017 9:15 am

You do not have permission to post in this thread.