Limited Subscribe to Thread

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 6, 2017 5:44 pm
I'd like to be able to receive alerts about activity in a thread, but only for players in games I'm in. This is mainly for the "Absences" thread.
Apr 6, 2017 7:14 pm
That's an interesting request, but I struggle to think of how it'd be useful outside of the Absences thread. I think this may be better addressed by instead considering how we post about absences.
Apr 7, 2017 9:09 am
Maybe a profile setting, which alerts all members in that person's games.
Apr 7, 2017 4:16 pm
You could make a profile setting that just puts some text under a persons name that marks them as absent in all of their posts. Or temporarily overlay their profile picture to have a ribbon denoting that status?
Apr 7, 2017 4:20 pm
An idea in the past was actually a combination of both those ideas. A ribbon/icon on the user denoting AFS (away from site), an email to the GMs of the games they're in, and maybe a page listing current absences if someone needed to browse through?
Apr 10, 2017 3:50 am
Are we talking about a status setting that can be toggled? Setting yourself absent does the above? That would be real useful!
Apr 10, 2017 12:53 pm
Keleth says:
An idea in the past was actually a combination of both those ideas. A ribbon/icon on the user denoting AFS (away from site), an email to the GMs of the games they're in, and maybe a page listing current absences if someone needed to browse through?
That would be the best approach, I think.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.