A bit quiet on the development front

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 25, 2017 4:47 am
It's been a bit since I've made any real updates, so I wanted to let everyone know what's going on.

I know I've been a bit more absent than usual for a bit here; I wanted to assure everyone I'm still working on the site, and that's not about to stop any time soon. However, with a number of real life frustrations including family, work, and life milestones relating to age, I've been all other the place mentally. Plus, I'm working on a tool for The RPG Academy's AcadeCon (which I'm trying to develop in a way to make easily modified for other organizations) as well as the website for Lawful Good Gaming. And there's the whole desire to rewrite pretty much all of Gamers' Plane to make it faster, easier to use, easier to update, etc, which is a long slow process when I only have about 20 free hours a week.

But, I'm glad to see Gamers' Plane continues to grow in my absence. We have new people signing up every day, new games all the time. I'm sorry systems aren't coming up as quickly as I'd like or I've been promising, but I'm glad that's not stopping people from enjoying play-by-post gaming. In recent days, I've seen Gamers' Plane being on Twitter a number of times, to both random people looking for games, people popular in the interwebs (if their follower count is any indication), and even someone letting Geek and Sundry that we exist, when they posted an article on Play-by-Post.

As always, thank you for all the support, and I want to remind everyone, I may be developing the site, but you all are what make the site. I write code; you bring the site to life, and I can never thank you all enough for that.
Apr 25, 2017 12:58 pm
I've also been very excited to see the growth of the site, it's been amazing to watch recently! Lots of new people joining all the time and new games every day. You've done an excellent job here, Keleth, and if you occasionally get caught up in life, we understand. We'll hold down the fort while you're busy ;)
Apr 25, 2017 1:04 pm
Yeah just wanted to echo everything Naatkinson said and also express my thanks for what you've built here, the technical aspects are very impressive but the community here wouldn't have been possible without the blood sweat and tears you've poured into this and for that I am extremely grateful!
Apr 26, 2017 1:57 pm
I think it's cool that you've got other gaming related projects as well. Can I assume your work on GP has been helping you get contracts? If so, congrats.
Apr 26, 2017 2:08 pm
Phil_Ozzy_Fer says:
I think it's cool that you've got other gaming related projects as well. Can I assume your work on GP has been helping you get contracts? If so, congrats.
Heh, no. I work with The RPG Academy, and I offered them a site last year. I came up with the idea a while ago, we need more gaming conventions, and the conventions that exist need competition. One of the reasons people have trouble putting them together, even with desire, is that it's a massive, daunting undertaking. So I figured if I can put together a site that would allow people to manage attendees and events, registrations, that would help cut some of the workload. And if I could build a community of people interested in running mini-cons, it could help others out and build. Thus I bought opweekends.com, though there's nothing there yet.

As with everything else in my life, it's my own idea and project, and won't likely take off, heh.
Apr 26, 2017 11:33 pm
Sweet, glad to hear you're getting lots of different things done. Keeping your interests wide is rarely a bad strategy.
Apr 27, 2017 2:20 am
Keleth says:

As with everything else in my life, it's my own idea and project, and won't likely take off, heh.
Don't be down on yourself. GP is a functional entity, no doubt.
May 3, 2017 2:53 am
There's always room for improvement, but you've started a great thing here and it has fostered a great community.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.