Mini Six Zombie Apocalypse?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 25, 2017 4:26 pm
I'm looking to run a game of Mini Six, which would be best described as a "Lite" version of the Open d6 system by West End Games.

Specifically, I'm trying to convert a Savage Worlds horror module War of the Dead into the Mini Six rules system and looking for one player who would be willing to create/control 4 separate characters. That seems like a handful, but as "lite" as the Mini Six system is concerning character creation and gameplay, I don't think it would be especially difficult at all.

The reason I want to keep the number of players down is because I've had too many lousy experiences with large groups of players in Play-by-Post format. You'll get one or two that thought they were interested, then maybe lost interest, and then everyone's sitting around waiting on the players that decided to just bail without a word. You try and progress the game along without them but they were sort of needed at the time. I've just had lousy luck with groups of strangers in PbP forums and websites. Alternatively, I've had a lot more success running a game for individual players controlling multiple characters as long as they game system and character creation process isn't especially crunchy.

So I'm basically looking for a player willing to control 4 characters of their own creation through a pre-written Savage Worlds module about surviving in a Zombie Apocalypse. Hopefully at least one post per day (with the understanding that we all have busy lives), and if interested calls for it we can probably post multiple times a day (I generally play and post off an iPod so I check my emails and the forums a few times a day when I'm doing PbP).

You don't have to know the Mini Six rules, I can explain character creation and gameplay as we go. The 38-page rule book PDF can be found for free and legally online, or purchased for $4 on RPGNow and DriveThruRPG. I'd prefer you be unfamiliar with the War of the Dead module, however, just because who wants to run a pre-written adventure for players already familiar with the module, right?

Anyone interested in helping me see if I can convert this to the Mini Six system?
Last edited April 25, 2017 4:28 pm
Apr 25, 2017 5:01 pm
Well, I've read the whole module, so I'm out. Good module, if a bit "rail-roady" at time, so much so that at one particular point (you probably know the part I'm talking about), it is meme-worthy...
Apr 25, 2017 5:50 pm
Yeah, I won't argue that. I converted the module to DS Zombieslayers once and ran it face-to-face with a group and it seemed to work out pretty well though, so I figured I'd try it with a different system this time.
Apr 26, 2017 11:12 pm
ZS eh? Glad to see my game is still popular... :D

You do not have permission to post in this thread.