Exigency feedback thread

Apr 27, 2017 2:28 pm
A place for your feedback and ideas relating to the Exigency playtest and the system as a whole. And a place for me to throw about possible rule changes without clogging up the OOC!
Two things have become apparent to me although I'm not sure if others have the same feeling: very high skill rolls seem wasted, and versus elites and PCs (or even mobs) with balanced attribute scores the Aggravated/Enhanced status effects mean very little. Not much impact when there's only a couple of points of difference!

So a proposal: I'm thinking that on a total skill roll of 21+, every point after 20 gets added to the ability roll (e.g., roll 33? That's +13 to ability). This "bleedthrough" bonus can't be higher than the ability roll itself, but this limitation is lifted if the target's Resistance is Aggravated, and the bonus doesn't apply at all if the Resistance is Enhanced. Or maybe high rolls should add additional ability dice somehow. I'm not sure, probably yet another thing to put on the testing backburner.

The drawback to anything that rewards high rolls is it'd make fights even more swingy, potentially allowing for 5+ hits with a basic attack, but I want the Aggravated/Enhanced mechanics to be more significant. In fact it might not be completely amiss to increase Hit Point counts to match. Thoughts?
Apr 28, 2017 4:30 pm
I think increasing hit point counts anyway might be good cos it'd make Empowering more acceptable, which in turn might let us play more tactically. Currently activating even relatively modest abilities costs us around 15-20% of our life totals.

The downside there is reducing the system's lethality, which I like. So maybe the issue of Empower costs is separate. Hmmm.

I think high rolls adding ability dice is probably more fair than just a straight add to the roll - going +1 for every point over could be cooked, you're right, but dice keep it variable and let you control the range better.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.