Exigency: Worldcarrier Sigma

load previous
Jun 2, 2017 2:11 pm
Nerves is so absorbed in his work that the elevator is practically upon the party before he realises it. Dr. Zephyr makes an executive decision and rips Nerves away from the terminal, depositing both himself and the Kerenthi in the hollow behind a dormant power regulator. Kree has taken up position nearby, shielded from view by a plated cable thicker than her torso.

The platform finishes descending, clamps loudly locking into place. Immediately, five troopers step off it and scan the area.

They're carrying some serious hardware. League-issue plasma rifles, belts of concussion grenades, and most noticeably completely grey and emblem-free combat armour.

These are what the underworld call Grey Mercenaries. A team that just so happens to have Mercenary League and/or supercorporate equipment that doesn't come with identifying colour schemes or digital tags. Professionals, but professionals operating in open violation of the Vursoun Treaty.

Not that they seem particularly professional at this moment. There's a lot of consternation at the bloodbath that greets them.

"Where the hell is the prep team?"

"Maybe some of these bodies are theirs."

"They should fucking hope so! Look at this mess."

One of them, perhaps the leader, mutters about amateurs. Then he shakes his head and begins barking orders. "No matter. We've got a job to do. Tomas, secure the perimeter. Palsiet, access that command terminal. Havers, disable this elevator so we don't get any unexpected guests... and Olec? Stay with the device. We've got 900 seconds before the generator begins its reboot: and we do not want to be inside the chamber when this thing starts up."

Discarded technicians' uniforms hang off the elevator's railings. In its centre, a mess of glass tubes and pulsing lights rests under the close guard of a heavy-set Grey with a scatter rifle. Various warning symbols for toxins and chemical hazards are plastered all over its canisters.

The squadron springs into action. One of them heads to the terminal, unfolding an expensive-looking computer tablet as she walks. She hasn't noticed the party yet.
Jun 5, 2017 10:16 pm
As Tomas passes her cable, Kree grabs him in a sleeper hold and drags him behind her cover.
Jun 7, 2017 3:20 pm
OOC:
I think Combat/CQC applies there, so including AGI that's +9. I guess this should probably count as a skill check rather than an attack seeing as it's from Stealth. And I'll say the first Stealth check still applies, and you won't have to re-attempt it until someone tries to spot you (or you screw up and expose yourself somehow).

Anyway that's well over the TN16 mark but this guy is an elite and will get to roll to regain consciousness next turn, so beware.
Between the mesh layer on his neck and his heavyset build Kree practically has to apply bone-snapping levels of force to keep Tomas subdued. Eventually, the Grey goes limp. Kree drags him to the now uncomfortably crowded hollow behind the cable.

Rolls

Kree's melee - (1d20+9)

(14) + 9 = 23

Jun 8, 2017 5:09 am
Kree keeps a death-grip on Tomas, heart pounding, as she yells to his friends. "Hey, assholes! I'M what happened to the prep team! And I just made a new friend - Tomas, right?" She shakes his body limply to answer her own question. "Right. Your perimeter is NOT secure! Wanna fight about it?"

She hopes her distraction gives the others an opening.
Jun 9, 2017 1:54 pm
OOC:
I rolled with WIL but in retrospect I guess you could argue this is less intimidation and more trickery? Mind you, even using FOC or MND instead the total isn't very good. You haven't gained the party any extra advantages but I'll say you haven't lost any either! Others will still get an ambush bonus.
Wordlessly the Greys converge, weapons trained in Kree's general direction. The squad leader gives a hand gesture, indicating that they should advance. They're very alert now... but shaken all the same.

Rolls

WIL+Social - (1d20+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

You do not have permission to post in this thread.