Maps

May 17, 2017 6:21 pm
Best free online map creator?
May 17, 2017 7:01 pm
Pyromancers.com hands down, for me at least.
Oct 16, 2018 8:55 am
Thanks, for sharing.
Oct 16, 2018 12:56 pm
Does that site still work? I was just trying to mess with it and it wouldn't populate the map image off the link i provided...at least not with the scene viewer app.
Oct 16, 2018 1:51 pm
yea it works, idk about the map import but it also has a quick "basic" map maker you can utilize, and apparently its getting updates on steam
Oct 16, 2018 4:24 pm
I tried posting a map link from imgur and it didn't populate....I then tried using the sample map link they provide and that didn't work either....could be that flash just wasn't working in the browser i'm using though.
Oct 16, 2018 4:57 pm
Recently I've also found hextml. The save/export function seems to be a bit wonky though, so I suggest using export to image instead.
Oct 16, 2018 5:30 pm
I've been generating maps using Pyromancers (free/browser-based) for my Adventures in Middle Earth game, as recently as a month ago.

I don't know about the Battle Manager functionality, but I just export it (as a PDF I believe) and then just snip a screen shot of it to make it uploadable to an image hosting site, and subsequent use in a post.
Last edited October 16, 2018 5:30 pm
Oct 16, 2018 6:33 pm
Inkarnate is free (with a pro version) and it allows some easy-to-do hex mapping.
Oct 16, 2018 7:20 pm
Pyromancers map making software is more for dungeons, or towns, or even just particular battles.

Not the same scale/purpose as hextml or Inkarnate (or Worldraft, etc.).
Oct 16, 2018 8:10 pm
eh...I was able to get it to work using a tinyurl image...didn't like that you can't resize the scene viewer screen...think I'm just gonna stick with my google drawings.
Nov 29, 2018 5:02 pm
Been digging inkarnate lately. Put together a really nice detailed City Map in like a couple hours.
Dec 2, 2018 5:01 pm
Any good map tools like Google maps? I would really love to be able to stick custom map in and add text and regions that can be highlighted. So players can highlight regions (political) and dynamically see relevant text at whatever zoom scale.
Dec 2, 2018 6:41 pm
I think for yours Constable, your best bet would be Google power point or something like that so your "slides" can have the different things kinda like Kajele does.

but i do gotta say the Pyromancers map maker can be super powerful i just got the "full version" (on sale in steam for like 14.99) so many things that can be used for that once your affluent with the program! i dotted a bit last night in it was pretty neat!
Dec 3, 2018 4:52 am
but also i've been using dave's mappers also
https://davesmapper.com/
its pretty nice for large scale cities and stuf that are "tightly" together vs. the rural town thats more spread apart like Phlan
Dec 12, 2018 8:19 pm
I created a Google Sheet based map maker reminiscent in style of the old school (blue) D&D maps. Feel free to make a copy of the file and play with it. It has some real limitations, but you can scratch together a map pretty quickly and you can share it with your players if you want them to map your dungeon. This is very much more of a dungeon mapper than a terrain/area or even cavern mapper.

This is the link to the Google Sheet.
Dec 12, 2018 8:20 pm
Airickson says:
I created a Google Sheet based map maker reminiscent in style of the old school (blue) D&D maps. Feel free to make a copy of the file and play with it. It has some real limitations, but you can scratch together a map pretty quickly and you can share it with your players if you want them to map your dungeon. This is very much more of a dungeon mapper than a terrain/area or even cavern mapper.

This is amazing, thank you!
Dec 12, 2018 9:47 pm
Naatkinson says:
Airickson says:

This is amazing, thank you!
My pleasure!
Dec 12, 2018 10:20 pm
Wow Airickson, Thats really fancy!
Dec 12, 2018 10:23 pm
This rocks! Thanks Airickson!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.