Character Creation Details

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
May 16, 2015 8:32 pm
Whoops! I think I miscounted on my connections. Diego Rey and AJ get +1 to speed defense tasks while fighting back-to-back and Diego invited AJ along to this journey as a thank you for AJ saving him. I don't know how, but chocokiko can get me guns and ammo for half the cost.
May 17, 2015 10:45 am
Got a small problem with character creation: my focus (Fights Dirty) doesn't have starting equipment. In fact, none of the ones from the Wild West foci have starting equipment.

EDIT: I've decided to just use one from the core book instead, but the foci in The Translation Codex still have this issue.
Last edited May 17, 2015 10:59 am
May 17, 2015 12:59 pm
Alright folks, last little bit for me is connecting the dots. I need connections with y'all! Here is my character page (history in the bottom, I left the part where he is in the west pretty loose), and I like these options for connections:
Quote:
Pick one other PC. Due to past experiences, you watch over her. That PC is your default charge regarding your tier 2 ability, if you have not named someone else.
Quote:
Pick one or two other PCs. They seem pretty tough, and you're secretly hoping that at some point you'll see who's tougher-- You or them.
Any takers? :)

Also, here is my character page! Clancy Winwood
May 17, 2015 2:47 pm
Morrowlife says:

Quote:
Pick one or two other PCs. They seem pretty tough, and you're secretly hoping that at some point you'll see who's tougher-- You or them.
Diego laughs in your general direction!!

EDIT: I like it, sign Diego up.
Last edited May 17, 2015 2:48 pm
May 17, 2015 2:53 pm
For possessions for recursions from The Translation Codex, just pick stuff that makes sense, maybe using the core book as a guideline. One or 2 guns, some money...
May 17, 2015 4:09 pm
I've reviewed your character sheets, and everything is looking awesome. I'm loving the backstories that you're writing.

A couple things:
- recovery roll: this is 1d6 + Tier, so will be 1d6+1 for each of you.
- starting money: To try and convert this to wild west era currency, let's use a simple rule of thumb of dividing by 10 your starting money as per your Focus. For examples of costs, a new colt revolver cost $10 to $25, a Springfield rifle $20, a horse $120, a drink at a saloon will be $0.05 for a shot of whiskey or a glass of beer, a hot simple meal $0.10, a days wages for a laborer $0.40 to $0.60...
May 17, 2015 6:30 pm
szemely says:
Morrowlife says:

Quote:
Diego laughs in your general direction!!

EDIT: I like it, sign Diego up.
Sounds good! I think I'll add Col. Mortimer to that list as well!

unique_exemplar, would it make sense if Clancy felt obligated to look after AJ? I'm sure he would know about his past experiences with parents and sister becoming murdered. Clancy would also feel kind of connected to him, because a similar thing happened in his past.
May 17, 2015 6:43 pm
Sounds good to me. Being a fairly young man, AJ would seek validation from father figures.
May 18, 2015 1:21 pm
Gameplay has started. I posted some background and setting information in a Prologue thread, and the initial description of Rio Grande City in the Chapter 1.0 thread.

There are four characters currently in play. Hyconner has joined the game but not yet submitted a character. Ultrann36 originally posted interest, but those posts have been deleted as has his PM to me. Harlandski has expressed interest and I'll allow him to join if Ultrann36 is a no show by Wednesday.
May 18, 2015 9:44 pm
Ultrann36 has submitted his character, so we're up to 5 approved!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.