5e Dark Sun

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 18, 2017 8:53 pm
Currently working on a 5e dark sun adaptation with a lot of homebrew rules for my home group. Was simply wondering if, when I'm ready, there would be people here interested in testing it and giving me feedback after... I still have a lot to do but if anyone as a suggestion I'll be more than happy to listen and discuss it. Thanx in advance everybody !
Last edited May 18, 2017 8:54 pm
May 18, 2017 10:14 pm
Are you doing homebrew psionics (you'll have to forgive me if that's already out for 5E, I'm not too up on this edition)?
Last edited May 18, 2017 10:14 pm
May 18, 2017 11:03 pm
I've always wanted to try Dark Sun! 5e already has psionics in the form of the Mystic Class via Unearthed Arcana.
May 18, 2017 11:22 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
I've always wanted to try Dark Sun! 5e already has psionics in the form of the Mystic Class via Unearthed Arcana.
Ahh, nice, thanks.
May 19, 2017 6:19 pm
The Mystic class will be available but I'll also be adding some psionic variant subclasses to other classes.
May 19, 2017 8:34 pm
https://www.patreon.com/RobertAdducci Robert w FG and Wizards is working on a project and might save some time.
Regardless of what you do I would LOVE to join up!
May 19, 2017 8:35 pm
Hey Marcus!
May 20, 2017 2:36 am
deadpool_qc says:
The Mystic class will be available but I'll also be adding some psionic variant subclasses to other classes.
Awesome!

Len

May 23, 2017 10:14 pm
SO TEMPTED. Dark sun was my favourite setting back in the day.

Len

May 23, 2017 10:18 pm
Have you thought about what the post frequency will be for this game yet, deadpool_qc?
May 23, 2017 10:24 pm
depending on the group, I'd like 1-2 post per weekday at least but I sometime have my hands full at home. I have 3 kids and sometimes the homeworks, supper, bathtime, cleanup, etc.... can be time consuming.

Len

May 24, 2017 4:41 am
I hear you. I am also a father, so I can relate.

Bottom line: I'm down for playing Dark Sun.
May 24, 2017 4:09 pm
@len
I'm not ready yet but you and Jabes are on my players list when I'll start. By the way I hope you don't mind if I borrow from your exploration rules ? They're just too awesome !

@metagamegate
Thx for the info, I'll give a check on it but I have a lot of homebrew stuff I want to try. I still remember how disappointed I was with the 3.5 version that wizards did. To me it did not have the hardcore feeling I remembered from the original version. So I'm trying to adapt it to 5th ed D&D and adding as much flavor as I can from 2e ed.
Last edited May 24, 2017 4:11 pm
May 24, 2017 4:40 pm
I will enjoy whatever you put together. Hit me with an invite when you got this set up?

I'm already thinking of a character I would like to play

I'm thinking a Mul cleric of Water. He was a labor slave to citystate (DMs pick). As water was rationed to a new low, his fellow workers were dying. He made a bargain to anyone listening that he would devote the rest of his days to their worship if they gave him the power to save these struggling people. Blessed with the ability to create water from thin air he was quickly discovered by the the masters and forced to use the power for their purposes. In his visions he has seen the masters greed turn against them and the entire city destroyed in a massive flood. He believes he is meant to help bring about the destructive force. First he hopes to help the people of good heart from the same fate.
May 24, 2017 7:20 pm
@Mtetagamegate
Done, you're on the list too. I like the background, create food & water is one of the spells I want to tweak, so it's good to already know that I'll have some feedback on it !

Len

May 24, 2017 9:35 pm
OOC:
I'm not ready yet but you and Jabes are on my players list when I'll start. By the way I hope you don't mind if I borrow from your exploration rules ? They're just too awesome !
Yeah for sure! They are almost exactly the D&D 5e exploration rules in the PHB, chapter 8 p 181-185.
[ +- ] Sidebar on my feelings about these rules
Last edited May 24, 2017 9:42 pm
May 25, 2017 2:42 am
This sounds pretty cool, please consider me interested.
May 25, 2017 3:12 am
This sounds interesting. I'm interested in applying for this.

Len

Jun 16, 2017 6:23 pm
Hey Deadpool_qc, there is a great new Dark Sun podcast. Robert Adducci has started Bone, Stone, and Obsidian on the Misdirected Mark podcast network that is all about Dark Sun lore across all editions AND adapting the mechanics to 5e.

Robert Adducci is the Social Media manager of the Wizards of the Coast's Adventurer's League and the owner and creator of athas.org, which is pretty big D&D / Dark Sun nerd cred.
Jun 17, 2017 1:14 am
Dark sun has always been my favored setting. I felt I was alone out there.....lol
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.