Travel-based Story Game: Wander (Playtesting)

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 24, 2017 4:32 am
Hey all,

For the past couple months I have been developing off-and-on a system I'm calling Wander. It's a system that revolves around people who leave their "normal" lives and choose to live on the road for a while. It's mainly a social-heavy story game, that explores self-development and travel. And I've now got one live playtest group set up, that should start fairly soon. But, I'm hoping to get a bit more testing done, and try and see how well this system works in a text-based format. I should note that this system is very early in development, and will probably be changed and added to almost daily.

If I haven't driven you away yet, you can check out what is available of it here. And if that doesn't scare you away, I'm hoping you'll join me in this strange adventure. I'm excited to see at least a few of you as Wanderers soon!
Jun 5, 2017 10:23 pm
This sounds intriguing...

Just perusing the rules, the one question I have is. How specific can I get for winning the bid on setting? If I were to win the bid, I would want to have the freedom to really describe the place. A roadside bar in Barstow, California surrounded by motorcycles is going to feel very different from a roadside bar on the North Shore of Hawaii. I feel like I would want to be allowed to get more specific than the examples, otherwise I wouldn't feel compelled to bid very much.

I don't know if I feel like I have the time commitment to start a huge campaign, but I would be open to see how it plays for a story or two.
Jun 6, 2017 4:25 am
You could certainly get as specific as that. There would have to be some reasonability to it (if the last Story was in California, it probably couldn't be it Hawaii), but you certainly could be. They can be as specific as makes sense, anywhere from a heavy forest to a small, irish-style pub in a town of 200 in Northeast New York at 9pm when it's raining.

As long as others show interest, we'll get this thing started soon!
Jun 6, 2017 12:39 pm
I applied don't know how many you were looking for but seems interesting.

EDIT: Sounds like it might be dark. Submitted a character.
Last edited June 6, 2017 4:43 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.