Numenera gets weird: The Strange

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 15, 2015 3:47 pm
I actually kicked it back when it launched and have all the PDFs for The Strange, but I just never seem to get around to opening those files... I also may not know where they are...

That said, I've done the lazy thing to add The Strange to Gamers' Plane: I just copied the Numenera character sheet. But as I understand it, they are very close, so in the end, I may just end up tweaking it a bit and be on point anyway. However, The Strange is live.

I've also added in a system that emails you when you get a PM or if you're the GM of a game and something important happens. If you don't want to get these emails, you can change them in your UCP (click your name at the top right of the page).

And again: I wanna remind everyone of how you can help out by doing what you're already doing. We all buy things through Amazon, and using my referral link, I earn a bit off whatever you buy. The same goes for my DriveThru RPG referral link, which works on any of the DriveThru sites. And if you wanna donate directly, I have a PayPal link. I also have a thread up with some thoughts about what you can do to help out in general: http://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/443/.
May 16, 2015 6:10 pm
One thing that might help down the road, is that there are additional mini character sheets in the Strange, where players can record those recursion specific details (appearance, focus, special abilities, notes, etc.) that can change as they move between recursions. If they go back to a recursion, it would be handy to have notes on what they did before. In the game, they designed these as pages folded in half to wrap around your main char sheet.

For Gamersplane, however, I don't relish separate character sheets, but maybe it can all suffice with either just keeping the info in the Notes box, or adding a new notes-style Recursion Info box.

We should really discuss this though with people that have more experience in The Strange, and maybe we can see how it plays out in The Strange West (or another game) before modding this.
May 16, 2015 7:15 pm
I feel like every game that goes on here gives some insight on how we can improve the site. I can easily handle "sub" character sheets within the min one without needing diff sheets.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.