D&D 5E AL PbP Games?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 11, 2017 10:24 pm
I currently play AL at a local game shop. I am going to have a change in schedule so will not be able to attend any longer. I know AL allows play by post and home run games to count as long as they abide by the AL regulations.
Is there interest in doing AL games here? Ive seen some forums for the modules, but know that AL can be too restrictive for some players.
Jun 11, 2017 10:47 pm
Admittedly I would like the freedom to dip into the UA stuff from time to time, but can branch out. Aside from the restrictions what is the main difference between AL play and normal play?
Last edited June 11, 2017 10:48 pm
Jun 11, 2017 11:15 pm
Outside of the restrictions...
A AL character can be used at a AL game elsewhere. So the character I use at the game shop I can use in a PbP game or at a different game shop. I think thats the biggest one. AL DMs also have some perks from running games to use when they make an AL character.
Jun 11, 2017 11:20 pm
I see, admittedly that part wouldn't do much for me as I tend want to keep my characters in the games they were made for. That said I am always up for having more 5e games in my life on this site.
Jun 14, 2017 4:41 pm
I can look into if AL games are allowed online. I imagine they should be, but I'll confirm, as there were some restrictions with MCG OP.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.