Vampire 5th Ed Playtest

Jun 16, 2017 8:31 pm
Hello,

In case anyone has any interest White Wolf has released an alpha version of the upcoming 5th Ed for Vampire the Masquerade. It's available through Drivethrurpg (I'm not posting a link because there's one at the bottom of this page that helps GP.) They're looking for people to playtest and send them notes. on how it all works.
Jun 16, 2017 9:41 pm
I've been interested in learning how to play VtM for years (inspired by the Bloodlines PC game), but I've never found a group to join up with. A new edition seems like the perfect time to get in!! Thanks for the info!
Jun 18, 2017 12:56 am
5th edition?

Counts them out: V:tm, 2nd edition, Vampire Revised, V20... Ooo, there have been four.

Yoink.
Jun 18, 2017 1:50 am
Qralloq says:
5th edition?

Counts them out: V:tm, 2nd edition, Vampire Revised, V20... Ooo, there have been four.

Yoink.
Was Vampire The Requiem another edition or was it something else entirely?
Jun 18, 2017 2:11 am
Vampire: The Requiem was a separate game - a reboot in some ways, but with entirely different lore and a heavily modified system.
Jun 29, 2017 6:44 am
Yeah, Requiem is considered part of the (more recently dubbed) Chronicles of Darkness. Whereas the rest are considered "Classic" World of Darkness. All of the Classic versions have a continuous meta-plot that starts where the previous edition left off.
Jul 1, 2017 4:40 pm
Right, so where did we land on Phil's question... playtesting the alpha ruleset. I'd be up for that. Hell, I'd run it. Gotta see that Hunger mechanic in action.
Jul 2, 2017 4:20 am
I could be up for a little walk-thru of the play test.
Jul 4, 2017 11:43 pm
I can't say no to vampire
Jul 5, 2017 3:18 pm
Nice. Ill read through the playtest package and set up a game by the weekend.
OOC:
I originally typed 'playteat' which also seemed strangely appropriate.
Jul 9, 2017 2:44 pm
Seems like they've streamlined a lot of the rules. Not sure how I feel about the seemingly unlimited "Rouse the Blood", I get there's a cost to it, but I'm curious to see how it actually plays
Jul 9, 2017 3:34 pm
The game has been set up and Invites have been sent to Phil_Ozzy_Fer, WarDomo, and Thielindra. There is a spot for one more.

I'll be messing with the forums today, including setting up the pre-generated characters and the basic rules.
Jul 10, 2017 8:54 am
I'd be interested in joining. I've played a lot of games inspired Vampire and attended a session of the LARP but never actually played Vampire, super keen to join if your willing to have a slight noob.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.