Chapter 1: Welcome to Paxectel Island

load previous
Jun 4, 2015 2:04 pm
Opening the door Elandra hears a loud click. Too late to move out of the way, she sees a thick cloud of green smoke billow out from the door frame. Herself, Z, Singer and Aenwyn are caught up in the gas cloud. They cough and sputter as the cloud clears, and once it is gone they see that the door leads to a narrow staircase that leads to what is presumably a crypt below the ruins of the temple.

Can you all make three Fortitude Saves at DC 20
Jun 4, 2015 3:21 pm
Stupid, stupid, STUPID! Elandra thinks angrily, as she tries to hold her breath and bear through the poisonous cloud. A year reading books at the estate and you've gone soft. As the gas clears, she looks around at the others and says, her tone and expression sheepish, "Err, perhaps someone with a better eye for traps should take the lead going forward.

Rolls

Fort Save 1 - (1d20+14)

(8) + 14 = 22

Fort Save 2 - (1d20+14)

(18) + 14 = 32

Fort Save 3 - (1d20+14)

(12) + 14 = 26

Jun 4, 2015 5:16 pm
"Ah, Goddess!", Aenwyn gasps. I didn't ask to be this close to the front!

Rolls

Fortitude Save (+17, +1 Bardic Performance) - (1d20+18)

(14) + 18 = 32

Fortitude Save 2 (+17, +1 Bardic Performance) - (1d20+18)

(12) + 18 = 30

Fortitude Save 3 (+17, +1 Bardic Performance) - (1d20+18)

(14) + 18 = 32

Jun 4, 2015 9:16 pm
Z immediately drops next to Singer trying to protect her...but the gas cloud moves quickly

Rolls

Singer 1 - (1d20+9)

(8) + 9 = 17

Singer 3 - (1d20+9)

(5) + 9 = 14

Z 1 - (1d20+10)

(13) + 10 = 23

Z2 - (1d20+10)

(18) + 10 = 28

Z3 - (1d20+10)

(15) + 10 = 25

Jun 4, 2015 9:18 pm
((Missed Singer 2 somehow))

Rolls

singer 2 - (1d20+9)

(18) + 9 = 27

Jun 5, 2015 11:29 am
Singer briefly begins to feel exhausted, but a minute later the feeling passes. No one seems to be affected by the smoke, which has by now fully dissipated. Before you is the open door, a narrow staircase descending into the crypt below the ruined church.
Jun 5, 2015 3:31 pm
Dimal dismounts and pats crusher on the head. "Looks like we are going underground again boy. Crusher and I can lead, unless someone else feels they could spot traps or ambushes better than I" As he is talking Dimal checks the straps on Crushers armor as well a his own, he once again check that his weapons are loose in their scabbards.
Jun 6, 2015 2:08 am
"As I...*cough* said before, I am more than willing to head underground, but perhaps we should see what else this island has to tell us on its surface. Besides...it looks like Ziesra will have to squeeze to get down there. No reason to rush into that kind of situation. There are at least two other structures and a statue over there."
Last edited June 6, 2015 2:10 am
Jun 9, 2015 7:16 pm
"Your absolutely right Singer. No need to go rushing head long into the dark when we can see what trouble we can get ourselves into in the light of day. Though I have a feeling that whatever is down this passageway is going to be quite intriguing. What say you Aenwyn, Elandra and Vorfix?"
Jun 9, 2015 7:47 pm
Obviously still a little flustered, Elandra simply nods.
Jun 9, 2015 9:08 pm
"Yes, we can investigate up here. If nothing else, to make sure there isn't something that will follow us down."
Last edited June 9, 2015 9:17 pm
Jun 12, 2015 3:10 pm
"Lets stay to the path and work our way toward that fountain south of us. I think we should be able to move to the buildings from there fairly easily."
Jun 12, 2015 4:10 pm
After having silently been following around, seeing his environment, Vorfix finally speaks up. [b]"I think we should look around as much as we can before we delve too deep. Information is always the key to success![b]".
Jun 13, 2015 3:38 pm
Having decided on a path, the group proceeds to the shrine in front of the ruined cathedral. As you proceed through the ruins of the cathedral, doing around piles of rubble and ducking under half-collapsed archways, Elandra stumbles over a stone, kicking it aside and revealing a trinket of some sort. Bending, she identifies it as a charm, a little bronze flame that was likely once strung on a pendant. A charm worn by those who worshipped the Fire Goddess of old. She takes it, and upon picking it up senses its magical properties.

It is a beautiful stone statue, about 18 feet high and 6 feet wide. The face is carved as a near-life representation of the Lady Trinity and her three faces, Charity, Faith and Hope.

As you approach the shrine, you all feel a bit refreshed, elated and as if you are somehow wiser than you were before. You notice something at the foot of the statue. A small moonstone bead, not unlike the ones from the necklace that shattered back in the inn.

Elandra finds Mabharo's God of Fire. It is a small token which can be activated to cast Fire Shield. It has one use.

You all have the Blessing of Fortune - You may use it at any time to reroll a single ability check, attack roll, saving throw or skill check, taking the better result. The Blessing may be used once.
Jun 17, 2015 8:11 pm
Pocketing the charm, Elandra carefully walks over to the bead, looking around for signs of tripwires or pressure plates that would set off yet another trap. If satisfied, she bends down to pick up the little moonstone bead, rolling it through her fingers. "Well, doesn't this look familiar..." she says, looking around at the others.

Rolls

Perception to look for traps - (1d20+25)

(5) + 25 = 30

Jun 20, 2015 11:15 pm
Elendra sees no reason to proceed with caution and picks up the bead. It is exactly as she thought it was, a little moonstone bead. She gets the sense that it, like the token she found in the ruins, possesses some limited magical power. Although precisely what she isn't sure.
Jun 22, 2015 4:40 am
"Ziesra, plaese do a fly-over and tell us what you see."

Singer continues to look around the desolate island and waits for Ziesra to return with her information. Ziesra flies up to a height of 40 feet and begins making flying a serpentine pattern that extends outward 40ft East & West and progresses south as the party moves. Primarily looking for signs of life and threats, but also anything of interest.

Rolls

Singer Perception (search) - (1d20+0)

(4) = 4

Ziesra Perception - (1d20+9)

(19) + 9 = 28

Jun 22, 2015 3:01 pm
"While Ziesra is scouting the rest of the island shall we move along to the next set of structures? No reason to lollygag about while someone else does all the work. Keep your eyes, ears and any other perceptions you might have open and lets see what this place has to offer." With a bold gesture Dimal points himself and crusher toward the nearest structure and looks to see if any of his companions has another opinion on what to do.
Jun 22, 2015 9:34 pm
Aenwyn doesn't dispute the plan - she follows, while casting Detect Magic.

Rolls

Spellcraft - Detect Magic - (1d20+20)

(15) + 20 = 35

Jul 1, 2015 3:18 pm
Zisera returns with a report. There is a small campsite to the south of the portal (B), all along the coast (F through H) are signs of an ancient battle, and there are several buildings and ruins to the south of the chapel.

Aenwyn detects a faint aura coming from the entire island. The signature of the aura is strange to her, a kind of ancient and powerful magics she has never before encounter.

Following Dimal, the group heads due south (towards building I). The first building they reach (I) is heavily damaged and several trees have fallen on the roof. It looks like it used to be an armoury, although the interior is bare of anything useful. The only remnants that indicate a purpose are the shelves and and stone racks designed to hold weapons and armour. Pressing along (towards J) the group finds a copse filled with trees and rocks big enough to climb over. There is a shrine here with symbols indicating a deity forgotten by time. The final building in this group (K) looks like it used to be a barracks. It too is in disrepair and several trees have crashed through the ceiling.

Continuing to explore, the group moves along the path (towards O/N, from around behind I) across the yellow grassy field they see a stream leading into a cave of some sort. The cave is over twenty feet high and extends into deep darkness several dozen feet back. The air is surprisingly cool, the walls smooth and the dirt floor umarred by footprints. You can hear muffled voices coming from the depths, and straining it sounds like it may be the voices of those who were in the inn the night before. Standing at the edge you see a narrow staircase descending into the black depths. The sense of magical energy grows stronger as you stand at the top of the stairs.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.