Chapter 1: Welcome to Paxectel Island

load previous
Jul 2, 2015 2:26 am
Singer lowers her voice and turns her back to the cave so it won't carry to those below, "OK, so I know I said that we should finished above ground until we were sure about what was up here, BUT, this I think warrants some investigation. I think we should check that out."
Jul 2, 2015 7:52 pm
"I think you're right - that sounds like the pub, so this might have answers for us," Aenwyn says in an undertone. "The magic is strongest right here."
Jul 9, 2015 3:35 pm
In hushed tones "Agreed, we definitely need answers for where we are and why we were transported to this island. Shall I try scrying again to eavesdrop on their clandestine conversation?" Dimal pulls out his silver flute and waves it back and forth suggestively.
Jul 9, 2015 3:47 pm
"Is anyone here stealthy enough to make it down? That is an option as well. And if that's the case, we'd best be ready to save that unfortunate soul," Vorfix says with a slight smile.
Jul 9, 2015 5:44 pm
"I can go unnoticed if I choose to but thought a less life imperiling tactic might have been the place to start. Though I am more than willing to insert myself into the conversation if there is a reason for it."
Jul 9, 2015 9:46 pm
"I could make Z invisible and she could fly down there unseen. If trouble starts I can recall her."
Jul 10, 2015 3:20 am
"I'm not one for shadowy action," Elandra whispers, taking furtive, wary glances around the area. "But yes, perhaps the scrying spell might be a good place to start, and we can send someone in discretely if that fails."
Jul 10, 2015 1:40 pm
"Yes, Final try your spell first."
Jul 14, 2015 2:50 pm
"Excellent, let us move a small distance away from the entrance to not be as conspicuous." Dimal says quietly as he gestures around the mouth of the cave. Assuming his companions will follow he quietly moves to the south side of the mouth of the cave far enough to be sure that no noise will carry down the mouth. He looks around for a comfortable spot muttering to himself.

"I guess this will do as well as any." and with that Dimal sits down on a somewhat flat stone and starts to play a similar hauntingly etheric tune as last night in the inn.

((use one charge of Scrying on his flute. The target is the group of recognized voices at the bottom of the cave. Modifier would be +5 since I recognize the voices but don't actually know the target))
Last edited July 16, 2015 5:05 pm
Jul 16, 2015 5:23 pm
Dimal's vision blurs in the familiar way and he sees the patrons of the inn, cheering laughing and carrying on as they had the night before. Blissfully unaware of the strange experience he and his fellows had after the mysterious bard's song. Something changes, as if the visions is mixed, the spell is confused, the target is unclear. There is another vision, this one black and fleeting. Swirls of darkness and madness, of pure magical energy. The force is strong and Dimal's mind is wracked with pain as it tries to comprehend the meaning of the twisting, writhing, essence of magic... Then the visions fade and he sees a familiar face, that of the bard who played at the inn the night before and whose moonstone beads had brought them to this place. A second vision clouds this one, a ragged woman, skin old and worn. She looks like she may be dead, but she moves and walks - a lich perhaps? Before he can focus on her the spell ends and his vision clears.
Jul 29, 2015 7:09 pm
Dimal cants back as he slowly refocuses on the actual world around him. grounding himself in the faces of his companions he pauses to collect his thought and try to process the blur of images that are still swirling through his head.

"This tale gets stranger and stranger my friends. The voices at the bottom of the cave seem to be the patrons of the bar last night but they are carrying on like they don't realize they are at the bottom of a cave... There also seems to be a very dark presence that really didn't like me poking around with my scrying, though I did see the bard from last night but wasn't able to discern what she was doing or where she was located. She seems to be entangled with an animated corpse, possibly a lich or some other variety of undead. I will not be scrying anytime in the near future unless there is great need, I apologize for the distinct lack of useful information."

Dimal shakes his head again to try and clear some of the pain from the scrying and puts his flute back in Crushers pack. Maybe a more direct view of the situation might be in order. Perhaps Ziesra would be willing to investigate further?"
Jul 30, 2015 10:44 pm
Elandra looks just as puzzled as Dimal at his words. "That's....strange, though we've dealt with strange before. Yes, perhaps at this time a stealthy reconnaissance is necessary."
Last edited July 30, 2015 10:44 pm
Aug 6, 2015 9:13 pm
"I can cast invisibility on myself and Z. I could cast for others, if need be."
Aug 23, 2015 2:51 am
"Only if I'm going down - I'm not especially stealthy."
Aug 26, 2015 3:29 pm
"It would probably be best to send Z down scouting before we all jump feet first into the proverbial fire."
Aug 31, 2015 3:28 pm
After much deliberation, Z is sent down in advance of the group, but soon returns. The serpent reports that the stair continuous for some distance, well beyond the distance she can explore on her own. It appears to be the entrance to something, although what she is uncertain.
Sep 2, 2015 3:45 pm
"Well, I sure didn't think the stairs were going to be that deep. So now we have a choice, do we descend these stairs and see what the good tavern people have to offer us or do we retrace our steps and see where that door leads us? My personal opinion is to see where the story in front of us leads and descend down the stairs, unless anyone disagrees?"

Dimal adjusts his clothes and ready's his gear in anticipation.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.