Character Creation Thread

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jun 4, 2015 7:27 am
@hierophant - Can we say our characters (both introverted) fell in together on our journey to Faladon? I helped you navigate the caves, and now we have a bond in combat (+1, from my Explores Dark Places focus)

@Schauer - can I take city guard as my background? After I arrived I offered to join the Faladon city guard to ensure I could settle in Faladon, but I long to enter the dark caverns, and make no secret of this, so my superiors have sent me on this mission?

@Schauer. If my type and my focus offer me the same skill, can I choose to be specialized in that skill or do I have to choose two different skills at trained (compare Glaive and Explores Dark Places)
Jun 4, 2015 12:40 pm
Specialized works for me
Jun 4, 2015 1:47 pm
Cool thanks! I think Thom's ready. Just need two cyphers and two oddities and I'm good to go.
Jun 4, 2015 5:34 pm
Thom Rolls

Access Glasses (Goggles , Level 5)
The user can see through up to half an
inch of solid material and can pass his hands
and anything his hands are holding through
that solid matter. Once the area to be looked
and passed through is chosen—about 18
inches by 18 inches (46 cm by 46 cm)—a new
area cannot be chosen. However, the effect
lasts for an hour.

Shadow Net (Wristband Projector , Level 4)
Causes the area within short range to
become darkness for one hour. The darkness
negates any light that is brought into the area
or that would otherwise shine into the area.

Oddity: An orange contact lens that occasionally lets you see a person’s spoken words float above his head in written form

Rolls

c1list - (1d20)

(1) = 1

c1roll - (1d100)

(1) = 1

c2list - (1d20)

(18) = 18

c2roll - (1d100)

(3) = 3

odditylist - (1d4)

(3) = 3

oddityroll - (1d100)

(69) = 69

Jun 4, 2015 10:20 pm
Hey, wellcome!
Btw anyone up for connection setup? My illusions wont work for someone, any takers? :P
Jun 5, 2015 12:34 am
@BlackStork that would make sense for Thom: His mystical nature and his focus on what is in the shadows means he either sees through or just plain doesn't notice your hocus pocus!
Jun 5, 2015 1:06 am
Good, so then it is, no focus pocus for Thom :)
Jun 5, 2015 3:40 pm
@Schauer Thanks for the cyphers! I know it is only color, but I get one more oddity for being "Mystic" :-)
Jun 6, 2015 4:22 pm
A solid blue cube that when held starts to freeze and some vapor escapes from it but feels warm to the holder
Jun 7, 2015 2:19 pm
Oh right, I need someone to connect with, who wants to be immune to my esoteries if they so choose?
Jun 7, 2015 3:06 pm
Pls could you add your characters to library.
Pls go to character management and add your Faladon character to library by clicking library sign. It should be red.
Then we will be able to see others cc including descritpions.
Jun 8, 2015 4:39 am
heirophant says:
Oops no I remember seeing it and even remember acknowledging it and thinking that was a great idea, but my brain decided not to share this with you for some reason.

Sounds good, I like it! :)
So it is agreed - Heiro and Thom get a cooperation bonus going back to when Thom helped Heiro through the caves to Faladon in the first place. I'm thinking Heiro might also play the "Oh, don't mind him, he's OK" role with regards to Thom's strangeness (which mechanicaly comes from his Mystical descriptor).

@Johnmann - I don't want to be greedy, as I already have two connections, but in a narrative sense it would make sense for Thom to be immune to your esoteries. He's already immune to Taachi's illusions, due to the fact that Thom is naturally mystical but not a nano, and that he is most often just really concentrated on exploring dark places and not so much on what else is going on around him. But if someone else wants it, that's cool too.

Having said that, I am slightly concerned that in an effort to pick a descriptor, class and focus which don't obviously fit together, and with the way I've set my connections up, I have 'invented' an old school D&D dwarf! :-D
Last edited June 8, 2015 4:41 am
Jun 8, 2015 6:28 am
harlandski says:
heirophant says:
Oops no I remember seeing it and even remember acknowledging it and thinking that was a great idea, but my brain decided not to share this with you for some reason.

Sounds good, I like it! :)
So it is agreed - Heiro and Thom get a cooperation bonus going back to when Thom helped Heiro through the caves to Faladon in the first place. I'm thinking Heiro might also play the "Oh, don't mind him, he's OK" role with regards to Thom's strangeness (which mechanicaly comes from his Mystical descriptor).

@Johnmann - I don't want to be greedy, as I already have two connections, but in a narrative sense it would make sense for Thom to be immune to your esoteries. He's already immune to Taachi's illusions, due to the fact that Thom is naturally mystical but not a nano, and that he is most often just really concentrated on exploring dark places and not so much on what else is going on around him. But if someone else wants it, that's cool too.

Having said that, I am slightly concerned that in an effort to pick a descriptor, class and focus which don't obviously fit together, and with the way I've set my connections up, I have 'invented' an old school D&D dwarf! :-D
Yeah, but the thing is, the immunity (the player can choose to be immune on a case by case basis, good if I want to blow your head off with a onslaught, but I wouldn't recommend using it for the regeneration esotery) is something my character would "gift" to another player as opposed to the other character having a natural immunity
Jun 8, 2015 6:34 am
@Johnmann, In that case then doesn't make sense for Thom, more for someone your character has some sort of friendship with. Thom is not the easiest person to befriend, as I suppose is clear from the game thread already!
Jun 9, 2015 5:15 am
Hey mates, i wanted to tell that i checked up first in order to make the full game with team play start faster (and thought that it would be very constructive thing to do) and not because i am not interested to play it actively. The solo game when you see others doings and navigate through them in the thread breaks immersion abit, and it: should be done in separate acess limited threads or with using notes, or just be united and played like classic party game sooner. Having solo few hour mini adventures before the mission day could take some good weeks of real time, but then we are losing the point of playing party-oriented game. I want to play this game but waking up and doing solo thing seems like bad choice to do for me now, because it will return us to more separated game. I just hope this wont long for more few weeks, because it could be so, and thats why i am posting this post.
Last edited June 9, 2015 5:20 am
Jun 9, 2015 6:45 am
Firstly I want to say what a great job @Schauer's been doing managing the town of Faladon. The fact that everyone is going off on their own errands makes total sense, and has opened up a lot of flavour and story before we begin.

I admit it is a bit difficult to follow - especially for me catching up with the game having joined late. In the end I went and read each person's journey separately to make any sense of what was happening, and you're probably right that in technical terms a thread per person would make most sense for downtime type activities.

As for getting together as a party - I'm happy for the Hall trip to be Thom's last thing before getting together and going away. I suppose it's important for everyone to feel they've done all they can to prepare though, as I take it the mission is not going to be easy.

I know I sort of messed things up by waking up and going off to the Hall, but having read everyone else's activities and the Faladon notes it occurred to me that that was a way Thom could actually help, and I also wanted to enjoy some of the cool material @Schauer prepared.
Jun 9, 2015 7:36 am
Of course, the game our GM prepared is exciting, and thats why i committed first my ready check, because i though it will fasten things abit in order to reach the game. I do not want to force someone to forfeit some vital parts of their preparations, i just mention that playing together is exciting thing, and that if players will do un-necessary things they will force other players to wait for weeks. I had such experiences in past, and such state could span for long weeks ... and yes, i am excited to play this setting. Or, if people plan to do solo things for long time - pls tell me then i will wake Taachi up and will go nuts with one-day adventures. In such case it could be more immersive to use note system.
Last edited June 9, 2015 7:37 am
Jun 9, 2015 11:42 am
The problem with separate threads for each person is that it dissuaded travelling together in town if that's what you please. Perhaps a better alternative is to say you have enough time to visit 2 places etc
Jun 9, 2015 1:25 pm
Yes, there should be some slight limitation, like it was in Octagon game. Perhaps at least some limit if the person passes through it it will be tired at the morning :) Simply 6 p game when each one do his own action is too difficult to follow and immerse. With own motives, and can read some other things other people do, which could be something opposite to your character agenda, etc.

Ps btw there is note system (red page button above text window, which allow to post things that are visible only to certain user)

Cheers, Thanks for so interesting and detialed setting, i de really enjoy the plot and anxious to see the main module, perhaps i should wake up with Taachi :P
Last edited June 9, 2015 1:25 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.