Octagon - Another Purpose - Game Thread.

load previous
Nov 26, 2015 10:17 pm
Party entered the tube, and in same moment engines made very loud sound and the tube started to tremble. It had led lights in his top and bottom and had handles attached to it's walls.

Horoika said : Hold the handles. Have firm position, and try to be close to the walls as much as possible during the movement.

SOUNDTRACK : HERE

After one minute passed the tremor became more powerful, and the party felt that the tube started to move. With each second the gravity within the tube was increasing, and was pulling the passengers towards it's walls hinting about high velocity and possible central axis spin with which the tube moved.

After two minutes everything stopped, and then the party found themselves falling from 1-1.5 meters height.

Landing was soft - the wet ground and vegetation was under their backs and legs now.

They were facing the forest. The huge wall, probably the same one which was the Edge's ledge, was behind them.
The forest was quite dark. It was early morning, and air was quite cold and humid in same time. Despite there were no rain at the moment, the air was full of myriad of microscopic rain drops.
The trees were really huge. It was very humid alpha forest, with huge and thick, ancient trees.
Everything was covered with moss, and the chilling wind together with the surrounding nature and ancient trees played own silent mysterious and quite dark symphony. Because of the wind the trees made sounds which were coming from their old wombs. The forest was full of subtle life. There werealot of other sounds, which contributed this "forest symphony" - water drops, leaves, wind.

Then, suddenly, Mandoric Seskii started to move into the forest with determination. It stopped for a second, turned it's head back towards the Mandoric, then turned it's eyes towards Horoika, and then continued to walk forward - into the forest.
It stopped when it was about to dissapear behing one of the huge threes - and turned it's head back again, like waiting for eveyone to follow her.

Sorry if there some mistakes/grammar. I will make checks and edit stuff tomorrow at morning. Now it's too late and i am tired abit to make editing / checks now

New round.
Nov 30, 2015 2:27 pm
"Slow down, girl!" Mandoric calls to his faithful beast, hurrying through the forest to catch up with her. If he can, he stops the seskii and examines her, trying to understand the source of her determination.
Last edited November 30, 2015 2:28 pm

Rolls

Intellect -understanding - (1d20-3)

(12) - 3 = 9

Nov 30, 2015 8:47 pm
Note >> Mandoric
BlackStork sent a note to harlandski
I am waiting for other players to post.
Nov 30, 2015 10:35 pm
"What is she doing, Mandoric?" Nyom asks, tightening the grip on her spear.
Nov 30, 2015 11:10 pm
T'Jekyll picks himself up, dusts himself off, and retrieves his spear. He hates falling from heights; he got skewered once, through the leg, falling from a ledge. He listens intently to get a sense of their surroundings.
Nov 30, 2015 11:14 pm
Zinobia dusts off and breathes as he feels much more comfortable in wilderness than in urban enviroment. Now, without stressing presence of white-clad soldiers he takes full lungs of fresh morning air and asks Horoika :
So you are one who know stuff here.... What should we expect?
Nov 30, 2015 11:23 pm
Horoika do not hurry to answer. He follows Mandoric's seskii with her eyes, and asks Mandoric :
Your pet is feeling something.....
Then she turns towards Zinobia and says calmly:
"Many things. Rogue autotries, Suups, Scarvengers - there are few tribes..and many others.... Anything..... But all this is.... we could deal with it. I hope we will not ancounter any of The Lost....and it is much better than to be dweller of the Edge - without self, without future... and then after some few moments of hesitation she adds "If you see some really huge thing, it is Ryitel. Just run. It is very slow, but extremely dangerous. Just follow me, we will be fine.
And then she again moved her attention on Mandoric Seskii

Free mode of posting/discussion for now.
spaceseeker will control OOLIN for now
Dec 2, 2015 7:19 am
http://gamersplane.com/characters/avatars/1152.jpg?1449040817
OOLIN is out of her element here, and moves closer to the group for some small sense of belonging. She reaches out with her senses, yearning for that sense of connection, of rightness, that she felt before, when Horoika spoke of this hunting trip first.
Last edited December 2, 2015 7:21 am
Dec 3, 2015 7:50 am
Zinobia looks towards the Seskii and says to Mandoric:
Your pet's behaviour is strange. I know animals well too. And know seskii. It seems like it want's us to follow her, isn't it?
Dec 3, 2015 7:55 am
We need to move anyways. Edge's wall is not safest place here. We dragging attention to ourselves. the wall is place where wild creatures of the forest feed on ones who jump from the ledge.... the ones who are ordered to tie themselves and jump after the Acceptance....

she pointed upwards... there, at 30m height party saw skeletons and half-rotten corpses hanged with cables...

She turns to Mandoric and asks:

So, what is the plan?

Waiting for Mandoric action and any other character action which will assume/choose direction. For now Seskii gone deeper into the forest. Horoika calls for action.
Dec 3, 2015 2:46 pm
Mandoric returns to the party, turning to answer Nyom and Zinobia's questions, "My seskii is herself, but she is being guided by ... something. Back there in Horoika's apartment she got very excited when Horoika mentioned the Citadel, and I suppose that's where she's headed now. Once more we seem faced with the evil we know," with this he looks up at the corpses above, "and the unknown dangers of the Citadel. For me, I must stay with my beast, and would ask you to come with me..."

With this Mandoric strides off through the forest, whistling to his seskii to stop, and casting a hopeful glance over his shoulder that the party might follow.
Dec 3, 2015 6:40 pm
"Yes, let us leave the wall, and hopefully find this Turola place." T'Jekyll falls into step with Mandoric, gripping his spear tightly.

OOLIN looks at Ronna - she's felt some affinity to the girl, though it's a strange cross between protectiveness and possibly a sense of security? - and then hurries after the warrior from The Beyond. They've kept each other safe so far...
Dec 3, 2015 9:34 pm
Mandoric followed his Seskii, then Horoika followed him, then T'Jekyll with OOLIN, then Zinobia, followed by Ronna and Nyom.

SOUNDTRACK : HERE

The air was very humid, and forest was really mesmerizing and in same time dark. Huge trees stretched to the skies, almost completely blocking straight light coming from the skies, which became brighter with each minute passed - It was early morning and the daylight was increasing it's presence.

For approximately one hour the party navigated in silence throught wet alpha forest. The air became bit warmer but the wind became stronger, creating extra layer of the forest noise ambience.

Seskii behaved like really guided, very intelligent being. It felt like someone assumed control of part of herself - she even stopped sometimes to ensure that anyone follow her, and did making approving "Hiss" sounds and then moving forward again.

Horoika said that the seskii perhaps is the "abomination" as Whites call it - and that it is very good that the party left before all the esoteric powers of the Rule expired. She said it is unknown how long they last, and it is usually random or based on unknown factors.

She also said that Daars are like semigods. Ancient beings living in some dimension called Ve. There was main one. Daar Na. One who created the Octagon, designed it, and together with all subservient Daars created the Daars Design - strict rule by which all Octagon existed and which it enforced, and which maintained balance and separated roles and "puproses" between different Daars. It is unknown how much Daars there, but it is known that there are many. And some Daars fight other Daars, and where is Daar Na it is unknown, some say that the Ve was built on remnants of his multi-threaded self as result of explosion, which was caused by some sort of World Formation cataclysm, and was only way to prevent destruction of his creation.

Octagon also have another plane named An , which also called often as "Parralel" attached to it. It is origin to Octanai - some numenera-generated crystal from depths of the An, which is consumed by Octagon inhabitants to gain some esoteric powers, have drug-like hallucinogenic effects. It is also known that Octanai prevents White's Acceptance from working, and is only known counter to it. She also said that Serenitas consume it to gain their powers, and that they "give birth to many" to serve White Daars in life, and join them after death.

Then the seskii stopped, and made really angry, warning hiss. She was sensing something. Perhaps some danger incoming.

One hour passed, i substracting 1 Might from T'Jekyll Might pool for wearing the armor he have not practiced to wear.
Dec 3, 2015 9:38 pm
Horoika saw the behaviour of Mandoric's Seskii, and raised hand to cause party to stop the movement.
"Tssssss" - she whispered loudly, and added : "I trust your Seskii senses. I wondered that we walk too long without encounters.... this is normally rare case, especially near the wall. I think it is on behalf of the seskii, at least partially... it is... Something is coming for sure. I've said that our trip will be dangerous, and i did not lied, and it just starts. But lets work together, and use your senses and weapons. And lets hope we will get to that Citadel at some point alive."

Everyone could do perception rolls or any other things their character would do in such situation. NPC and GM-controlled characters will do their actions after action players are done with posts.
Everyones action really encouraged and desired.
Dec 5, 2015 12:33 am
T'Jekyll opens his mouth, tilts his head forward, and listens attentively. (He's trained in listen, so -1 to target number).

Rolls

Listen roll - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Dec 5, 2015 12:36 am
http://gamersplane.com/characters/avatars/1152.jpg?1449040817

OOLIN peers into the darkness, using her augmented visual implants.

Rolls

Vision - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Dec 6, 2015 11:45 pm
Waiting for Mandoric/Nyom actions
Dec 7, 2015 10:18 pm
Dear players. I want this game to continue, but the complete freeze of the flow makes me unsatisfied.

My verdict - i will continue it , but i will do some plot leap - and will reset the game.

I will take all existing and active players/characters who can commit for 5 posts in 1 week into next stage. Their characters will be preserved and will recieve some XP.

New game reset will leap to Act 3 - and new game thread will be opened.
New game will start at Turola, the Citadel, with alot of updates as pre-story and will be just continuation of this plot, skipping the phase of wondering in the forset and seeking for the Citadel.

The new game will have included all existing background / lore data and some more additional stuff as separate wiki thread, and will be like this one : lore heavy, complex and very plot oriented.

In order to apply and commit to the new game please post in the Game Discussion / and in Game recruitment thread i will post later in the Games Tavern. Or just send me PM. I am sorry that it came to this, but I really must have this game active, with small but dedicated playerbase.

I really hope you will follow the game to the new one - that will require simple commitment - following game's plot and doing 5 posts per week.

I will say straight, that it will have alot of homebrew mechanics introduced, and will assume that certain decisions been done by lasting party members (which are quite healthy and convinient).

I will open thread on Games Tavern in order to find active player's base. I really appreciate anyones participation, and i hope i will see you there. Random offs anddissapearing are cool, but complete game freezes for a week is not the thing I really want.

Please do not forget to apply now (in any way you prefer) if you want to continue to the Act 3.
We can discuss all the details of the character transfer into new game (Act 3). I am here, and often aviable - so if you are game - just let me know.
It will be complex, rich and intense. If you liked content of what been in ths game so far, in new game I will introduce some shiny mechanics with very juicy graphical representation attached to it.

Sorry if something, cheers,
Sincerely Yours, BlackStork
Dec 7, 2015 11:04 pm
New game's thread at Games Tavern here

Hope you I will see majority of you in the new game.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.