GenCon Schedule

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 28, 2017 4:20 pm
A bit late, but for those attending GenCon and wanna meet up, here's where I'll be and when:

Wed 5 PM RPG Academy Pre-GenCon Meet & Greet
Thu 10 AM - 2 PM The Crystal Tower (Dungeons & Dragons, 5th Edition)
Thu 3 PM - 7 PM A Star Once Fallen (Open Legend, 1st Edition)
Thu 8 PM - 12 AM Five Ways to End the World (Dungeon Crawl Classics, 1st Edition)
Fri 9 AM - 11 AM Cthulhu Wars
Fri 11 AM - 1 PM Mammoth Star Trek Catan
Fri 2 PM - 4 PM Firefly Adventures: Brigands & Browncoats
Fri 8 PM - 12 PM Lost in the Woods (Demonworld RPG, 1st Edition)
Sat 9 AM - 1 PM Search & Rescue (Fantasy AGE, 1st Edition)
Sat 2:00 PM - 6 PM Predation: The Cawdor Complex (Cypher, 1st Edition)
Sat 8 PM One Shot Network Meetup

I'm considering dropping the Demonworld game because I feel like there's something else going on then that I should be at, and also because I haven't really left much floor time open...

Regardless, if you're gonna be at GenCon and wanna meet up, let me know! I'll be on Twitter the entire time for last minute meetups, and my best memories of GenCon last year were meeting up with people. I still have I think 1 L and 2 XL Gamers' Plane shirts if anyone wants to help promote the site, and if you wanna meet up and take some business cards to hand out to get more people/companies on the site, I won't say no!
Jul 28, 2017 10:24 pm
You are going to have so much fun. I used to go to the SoCal one when they had it. I've only been to the the Indiana one once. I loved it. One of my favorite things to do was to hang out at the auctions, Ended up with a couple of pretty cool old obscure games for pretty cheap.

I'll be out in the path of the eclipse during GenCon this year. Are you going to take any pictures that you can share with us? I always love to see all the minis and dioramas.
Jul 28, 2017 10:34 pm
I don't remember seeing any major diorama/mini displays last year, but odds are I just missed them. Sounds more like a ComicCon thing. And I had no idea there was a GenCon in Cali! And yah, I'll take pics of anything interesting! I tweeted a lot while I was there last year.

Also... Path of the eclipse?
Jul 28, 2017 10:43 pm
Oh, you're road tripping it? Or research?
Jul 28, 2017 10:59 pm
I just want to see it. We are driving out to the Oregon desert and getting underneath the path of totality. On Monday August twenty-first the Earth will descend in to complete darkness at 10AM as the moon passes in front of the sun. People who are within the path will witness the total eclipse.

We're getting out there ahead of time as the news is predicting an additional one million people will be coming to Oregon to see it.
Jul 28, 2017 11:14 pm
Nice. If I remember correctly, Jersey will get a partial eclipse, but nothing fancy.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.