Chapter 6: Mantol-Derith

load previous
Nov 17, 2017 12:13 am
Hunter shrugs. "For you, perhaps," she says, tone belying some frustration with recent events. "Regardless, I think you will appreciate the added bonus; we have the person responsible for stealing your precious gem." She points back at Mai'ngor and the unconscious drow.
[ +- ] Message cantrip to Mai'ngor
Nov 17, 2017 12:36 am
"I think that she will have to be punished," he says with malice in his eyes and a dark smile on his lips. Just a moment later, Yantha is led out and to the side of Krimgol. He holds out a hand, "Give me the gem and I will give ye the prisoner."
Nov 17, 2017 2:34 am
Hunter nods, unslinging her makeshift satchel from her shoulder. She unwraps the large gem and holds it in her hands, now cradling the stone with her green sash that falls across her arms. "Visually, can you verify this is the gem in question? Please be quick, I dare not leave it exposed for long, lest another seek to steal it from you again." She stands ready to cover up the stone again with her sash once Krimgol gives his assent.
Nov 18, 2017 1:11 am
Mai'ngor is uncertain what Hunter is planning but he puts his trust in the sorceress and follows her lead.
Nov 18, 2017 1:29 am
Krimgol nods, "Aye, that's the one!" he says, stepping forward and reaching out to grab it.
Nov 18, 2017 2:33 am
Hunter holds the gem still in one hand, her other clasped around her staff. "Speaking of your luck, you'll be happy to know that the drow did reveal something special about this gem. When you utter this phrase in Elvish..." she says, and switches her language not to Elvish, but rather the arcane words of her Banishment spell.
[ +- ] Banishment, Charisma Save DC 16
OOC:
Casting Banishment on Krimgol, using 2 sorcery points to apply Bend Luck as a penalty to his saving throw in case it's necessary.
Last edited November 18, 2017 2:34 am

Rolls

Bend Luck - (1d4)

(3) = 3

Wild Magic - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Deception, if needed - (1d20+8)

(7) + 8 = 15

Nov 20, 2017 1:50 am
As magic surges forth from Hunter too quickly for Krimgol and his guards to react, his eyes pop wide and he begins to fade away. Before he disappears, he suddenly jolts fully back to the material plane, hand closing on the gem. He yanks it out of Hunter's hand and staggers back, "What did ye do to me, witch!?"
OOC:
Legitimately got a natural 20, which was the only roll that would have succeeded
Nov 20, 2017 2:47 am
"Me?!" Hunter says, lowering her hand as Krimgol takes his possession. "It's your gem!"
OOC:
Damn dwarf. The one roll I was hoping he'd not get.
Last edited November 20, 2017 2:51 am
Nov 21, 2017 3:44 pm
OOC:
I wonder if Mai'ngor is going to try something?
Nov 21, 2017 4:06 pm
Hunter tsks disapprovingly at Krimgol, looking offended at the dwarf's accusation. As though turning her nose away from the ungrateful duergar, Hunter checks where Yantha is.
Nov 21, 2017 5:03 pm
Naatkinson says:
OOC:
I wonder if Mai'ngor is going to try something?
OOC:
Not until Yantha's safe.
Nov 21, 2017 5:35 pm
Krimgol narrows his eyes suspiciously, but shoves Yantha toward you anyway, "Get yer gnome and get out," he growls.
Nov 21, 2017 6:14 pm
Hunter reaches out to Yantha and guides her towards the back of the group. "Darling, are you all right?" she says in a motherly tone, lifting the gnome's chin to inspect her face.
Nov 22, 2017 2:48 pm
Yantha looks confused by Hunter's motherly ministrations, but doesn't complain. She sighs sadly, "I'm fine, just tired I guess."

The gnome looks to be in good shape, though her clothing is disheveled as if she was handled none too delicately. She doesn't appear to have any wounds that you can see, however.
Nov 22, 2017 3:25 pm
Mai'ngor gestures to the captive drow. "What do you want to do with this one?" he asks his companions, particularly Hunter, Meriele and Sarith. "She may be a thief but I'd rather not hand her over to the likes of him." the tikbalang says, motioning towards Krimgol.
Nov 22, 2017 3:28 pm
Krimgol seems to have forgotten all about the drow as he absently runs his fingers over the gem that's been returned to him. He is staring blankly into space and seems to have totally forgotten you are even there. His guards shift nervously from foot to foot, unsure what they should be doing.
Nov 22, 2017 3:35 pm
OOC:
How many guards? Sorry I've forgotten.
Nov 22, 2017 4:31 pm
Hunter continues to guide Yantha to the back, interposing the group between her and the duergar. "I care not," she says in response to Mai'ngor's question. "Quench your blade's thirst if you like, or put her up for redemption while watching our backs. I wish to return this one safely home, and then see if our Zhentarim friends have found that map."

As though confirming her lack of concern for the prisoner, the sorcerer looks at Melpomene and Xeliss. "Have you managed to identify that amulet's properties? I thought I overheard something about divination; perhaps it can divine us a clue?"
Nov 23, 2017 2:44 am
OOC:
The guards consist of the two that let you into the enclave, the two personal guards of Krimgol, and Krimgol himself
Nov 23, 2017 5:32 pm
"Quench my blade's thirst, I shall." Mai'ngor replies to Hunter. Shoving the drow prisoner towards the others, the tikbalang turns and charges towards the enraptured Krimgol. Sinag's bright blade springs to life in his hand as he charges, bathing the hall in blinding radiance. Upon reaching Krimgol, Mai'ngor strikes -- not at the dwarf, but at the gem!

Rolls

Sinag 2-handed vs. the gem - (1d20+10, 1d10+7)

1d20+10 : (1) + 10 = 11

1d10+7 : (5) + 7 = 12

Sinag 2-handed vs. the gem - (1d20+10, 1d10+7)

1d20+10 : (14) + 10 = 24

1d10+7 : (9) + 7 = 16

load next

Thread locked