Post after dice rolls?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 5, 2017 5:08 pm
Can you write something in a post after the dice rolls, or will the writing only appear after the rolls? I would like to explain the effects after the rolls in a post.
Aug 5, 2017 5:17 pm
A post can be edited as long as you have permission and all text appears together, with rolls after. A planned future feature is inline rolls, but I don't think that's a high request feature, so not soon.
Aug 5, 2017 6:34 pm
Yeah, I usually just edit the post with the roll or post a follow up
Sep 21, 2017 6:30 pm
Keleth says:
A post can be edited as long as you have permission and all text appears together, with rolls after. A planned future feature is inline rolls, but I don't think that's a high request feature, so not soon.
In line rolls are a HUGE request from me
Sep 21, 2017 9:48 pm
I think he's asking of the rolls can appear somewhere in the middle of the post, like appear in between two paragraphs, or will they always appear at the bottom of a post.
Sep 21, 2017 9:51 pm
kalajel says:
I think he's asking of the rolls can appear somewhere in the middle of the post, like appear in between two paragraphs, or will they always appear at the bottom of a post.
That's what I figured. I've been looking at inline rolls, but haven't figured out how to make them work securely yet...
Sep 23, 2017 11:26 pm
I had a phpbb3 module that would generate "keys" for each roll in the SQL database, and would mark any roll that was edited with a warning flag in the post if someone tried to change the rolls with something a bit more favorable to their situation. It used a dice BBCode tag and everything. Wasn't perfect, but it did require a little more than average knowledge to truly cheat the system.

If I'm lucky, it's still somewhere in the archives on my old server.
Sep 24, 2017 2:57 am
I'm not concerned with the rolls being edited; they're permanently in the system, attached to the post. I guess I could do something like allowing someone to add a tag where to show a roll, and any rolls attached to the post that aren't in the body get added to the end? GMs could see if someone tried adding extra rolls?
Sep 25, 2017 2:50 am
I really like the idea of being able to do something like [roll_1], [roll_2], [draw/card_1], [draw/card_2] as a way to put the rolls in the body of the post.
Oct 19, 2017 3:20 pm
Could be interesting. I have no real problems with the system as it is but we should always strive to improve otherwise we are just standing still.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.