Chapter Six: The Muster of Caltlikrath

load previous
Nov 10, 2017 4:09 pm
Zangua waits until the barmaid is free, and signals another round. Should she arrive, he asks, "Who would I see if I wanted to try my hand at this beast? Just curious."
Nov 13, 2017 4:39 pm
"Go into the woods and see the beast itself. There's no man can claim to be the leader of this sorry village."
Nov 13, 2017 5:02 pm
"What about a woman?" Zangua asks, as if answering a riddle.
Nov 13, 2017 5:22 pm
"Nobody's offered me the job yet," she says with a wry smile, and tops off Zangua's drink.
Nov 13, 2017 5:27 pm
Zangua winks and swallows generously of his drink. "I'll pay my tab now, then," he says. "Don't know if I'll be checking out this beast for you or not, but me mates seem like they want to give it a go so I figure you'll want things settled afore we go off and get ate."
Nov 14, 2017 10:06 am
"Oh, I don't expect we'll get ate, Zangua," says Felor, approaching the bar. "This all sounds more like witchcraft to me. Sorcery rather than ravenous beasts. We will prevail, Fjorgyn willing!"
Nov 14, 2017 3:09 pm
Mordred is ready to head into the woods. I assume we are all rested/healed/whatnot?
Nov 14, 2017 5:22 pm
You are all at full HP etc.

Everybody who drank, deduct 1-2 SP according to how much you would have had.
Nov 14, 2017 6:05 pm
"In case we do get et," Domarc says, "I'll have one last one. Besides, jawing with that farmer left a sour taste in my mouth."
Nov 15, 2017 12:08 pm
Felor pulls some parchment and a fragment of charcoal* from his pack and lays it on the bar. Gesturing the barmaid over, Felor quickly sketches a map of the road to Hazard, the woods, the river, and the village they are now in, "Tell me miss, do you know where the family from Brittlespike saw the woman? Or where the villagers went missing?"

*(or a pencil? Not sure what the drawing tech is like)
This is my way of asking the DM for a map of the area...
Last edited November 15, 2017 12:08 pm
Nov 15, 2017 7:01 pm
I will get you a map, but for now, assume that the barmaid indicated that you should head back south down the road, midway between the village and the sign, and just head west into the woods.
Nov 17, 2017 3:59 pm
Zangua sits back and finishes his drink while the others hammer out the details.
Nov 17, 2017 4:39 pm
Is the party ready to head into the woods?
Nov 17, 2017 8:15 pm
That's a quorum.

The party heads back down the road a ways and ventures westward into the forest. Red-leaved beech trees are the first to greet you, a vanguard for the taller pines that make up the vast forest beyond. There's an old trail partially cleared here, but it ends about a half a mile into the thick of the woods.

The woods are quiet and damp, without much birdsong. A stoat hops up on a fallen log, glances at the party, then dashes away.

It's not long before you see a few broken strands of webbing hanging limply from a tree, thick as string.
Nov 17, 2017 8:36 pm
Felor steps over to the webbing to examine it more closely and see if it appears to be spider web or... something else.

Rolls

Nature - (1d20+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

Nov 17, 2017 8:40 pm
Zangua keeps watch while Felor investigates.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+6)

(3) + 6 = 9

Nov 20, 2017 12:33 pm
Mordred rubs the webbing between his fingers and takes a whiff of it, to see if it reminds him of the spiders that dwell in the sewers of Old Sthombo.

EDIT: The side quest is going well so far, lads.
Last edited November 20, 2017 12:34 pm

Rolls

Nature - (1d20+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

load next

Thread locked