Particular Age Requirements?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 11, 2017 2:32 am
You know, it occurs to me that I should have asked this before mentioning the site to my son...

My oldest (15) is looking for a place to get some more RP time in. I'm working on getting a game together for him and his friends, but that may be a bit down the road. Keleth, you have any problems with a young'un signing up?
Sep 11, 2017 2:38 am
The rules for the general forums are language 13+ and each game can set requirements to age/language/content. At some point, I'll probably need to speak to a lawyer of some sort (donno what type) about if I need guidelines to legally protect myself.

So... sure, I'm fine with anyone joining! Maybe a signup requirement should be 13+? At that point, if a parent decides to let a child use the account, that's fine?
Sep 11, 2017 3:21 am
That's usually what I've seen in the past, but I want sure about the legalities of it all.

I mean, I mentioned the site to him, so I'm obviously okay with him signing up, but still... Thought I'd ask to be sure you're cool with it.
Sep 11, 2017 3:27 am
If I'm reading this right, you have to put up a privacy notice and have some way that you can verify that a parent gives consent if the user is under 13. Other than that, you should be good.

I think? I'd double check with a lawyer, but it should be okay.
Sep 11, 2017 3:31 am
Keleth says:
The rules for the general forums are language 13+ and each game can set requirements to age/language/content. At some point, I'll probably need to speak to a lawyer of some sort (donno what type) about if I need guidelines to legally protect myself.

So... sure, I'm fine with anyone joining! Maybe a signup requirement should be 13+? At that point, if a parent decides to let a child use the account, that's fine?
Well, maybe you could stea... erm, I mean borrow an idea from Tavern Keeper. When you make a new game, there's a series of boxes you can tick to indicate if your game is adult-themed, furry-friendly (I'm not making this shit up), family-friendly, has gore, etc. This might be a good way to cover your ass...
Sep 11, 2017 11:32 am
kalajel says:
Keleth says:

Well, maybe you could stea... erm, I mean borrow an idea from Tavern Keeper. When you make a new game, there's a series of boxes you can tick to indicate if your game is adult-themed, furry-friendly (I'm not making this shit up), family-friendly, has gore, etc. This might be a good way to cover your ass...
That wouldn't be legally binding, unfortunately. I need to figure out how I need to talk to in order to help protect myself.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.