Star Trek adventures free Quick Start rules

Oct 2, 2017 4:58 pm
From the lovely folks at Modiphius:

Today we're really pleased to announce the release of the Star Trek Adventures Quickstart adventure, which is available now on DriveThruRPG.com. This 30 page quickstart contains a shortened summary of the key rules, plus "Signals" an exciting adventure on the final frontier with six pre-generated characters for you to enjoy.

Here are the details:

Welcome to your new assignment, Captain. Your continuing mission, to explore strange new worlds, seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before…

"We’ve received a message from Narendra Station that a runabout called the Susquehanna has gone missing in the Carina Nebula, deep within the Shackleton Expanse. The Susquehanna was investigating an unusual alien signal that originated from the nebula when all contact was lost. We have been ordered to enter the nebula, find the runabout, and determine the origin and cause of the alien signal. Starfleet has also advised that Romulan and Ferengi ships have been sighted in the region, so we should exercise caution since they may well have detected the alien signal as well."

We hope you'll enjoy this chance to sample our new Star Trek Adventures RPG,
Last edited October 2, 2017 4:58 pm
Oct 2, 2017 5:05 pm
Any chance of a PBP game of this?
Oct 2, 2017 7:32 pm
Got my hands full with 5, count them, 5 Cthulhu games right now, so not I!
Oct 3, 2017 12:44 am
Azira's run a PbP of Star Trek Adventures with some of us. I need to finish reading the core rulebook, but there's a lot of mechanical components that work really well around a table that are less able to work will in PbP. Lots of extended tasks that take die-rolling (several times) and cooperation and teamwork to drive added dice or contribute to a party-wide momentum pool.

I think RAW don't migrate well into PbP's structure based on my (brief) experience. It's on my list of something to study and consider to see how to push it more effectively into a PbP tempo.
Oct 3, 2017 2:22 pm
Knifesedgegames says:
Got my hands full with 5, count them, 5 Cthulhu games right now, so not I!
And I feel so honored to be taking part XD

You do not have permission to post in this thread.