Ch. 1

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 1, 2015 7:04 pm
It's midday. The streets of Dragon Pool are crowded. Uhlskah finds himself moving through the crowd of frightened whispers trying to get a good look at the steps of the Erathis Temple. He heard their was a strange death. Patrolmen hold back the crowd and make it part for a human and gnome. You've seen them at strange happenings before. Kubi Asterion and a consultant Kirrian Shadowpool introduce themselves to a half-elf marked with the symbol of Erathis, keeping the scene calm. Ravastine, you weren't here when it happened but you've gathered bits in the minute you've been here.

There was a blast of plague. Two people dropped to the ground, three screamed in pain, as red boils appeared on their body. Someone standing beside the now deceased fled before anyone really knew what was happening. The other collapsed victim is unconscious and being treated. The Three others are sitting inside.
Jun 1, 2015 8:38 pm
After introducing Master Shadowpool and himself to the young paladin and receiving her report, Asterion hesitates a brief moment, deciding whether he should speak with the wounded or pursue the possible suspect. Making his decision, he gives quick instructions to the most senior among the city guards: "Find out if there are any other witnesses. Get me a description of our possible suspect, the person who was beside the fatality. Cordon off this area and mark where each of the five victims were standing when it happened. Determine all five victims' identities and see if there is a connection. Report to me later."

Asterion then turns to Ravastine. "I would like to examine the corpse before I speak with the three infected who are conscious," he says to Ravastine. "All this happened right here in front of the temple? Are you certain there is no risk if this infection spreading?"
Last edited June 1, 2015 9:16 pm
Jun 2, 2015 5:19 pm
"You talk quickly, I like that," Ravastine says, with the hint of a grim smile on her face. "I just arrived here moments ago, and I know nothing about the risk." She gestures at the corpse. "Have a look, I need to fetch the priest, she has some familiarity with disease and hopefully she can identify the type of plague." She holds a hand up, and continues "Best not get too close until we know more."

Ravastine looks around to assure herself that the crowd is well back, and then enters the temple. She finds a servant/acolyte and says: "Stay back from me and tell the others to stay well away from the entrance, there may be plague afoot. Find Lady Gavrantha and tell her that her expertise with plague is immediately needed, on the doorstep."

She she then returns to the entrance to console and question the victims sitting inside. She will attempt to keep Kubi Asterion and Kirrian Shadowpool a safe distance from the victims, but will relay a conversation between them, if needed.
Jun 2, 2015 5:28 pm
"How'n do'ya expect anyone to know'th answer to that question if'n we do'na know'wat caused' the infliction? Summon the healers an'a make'em tell us what this might be. I'll look ta see if'n t'was magic at the source, but I do'na think I'll be much help heal in' the folk t'ain't dead."

Kirrian begins by waving his arms slowly. Suddenly a small burst of light shoots out of his sleeve. It is is his fairy familiar, Nimblethorn. The two of them move in a circle around the crime scene, the corpse in the center. The fairy makes fast small circles throughout the area while the gnome walks his slow circuit around the outside. He is chanting something in Sylvan quietly under his breath, those that can speak the language catch snippets, and hear that he is calling for the magics of the world to reveal themselves to him.

Rolls

Arcana Skill check for Detect Magic - (1d20+11)

(16) + 11 = 27

Jun 2, 2015 6:56 pm
While waiting for Ravastine to return with the priestess, Asterion examines the scene as well, though he is looking for more mundane clues. His Ironwrought training kicks in as he searches for anything out of the ordinary. He motions to the senior guard to make his report.
Last edited June 9, 2015 1:36 am
Jun 3, 2015 12:32 am
The guards depart with their orders from Asterion. They mark the ground with chalk, 4 x's at 2,7, 6 and 9 0'clock positions from the center(body), each between 8 and 25 feet from the corpse.

Kirrian, you can tell this isn't a natural disease. There was a magical discharge. But there is no magic here now.
The body, unrecognizable, is enveloped in red boils, getting an identity will be difficult.

Lady Gavrantha comes from within the temple "I apologize. I was tending to the unconscious." "It's an accelerated disease that burns itself out in seconds. They are not contagious." She leans down and takes the hand of one of three witnesses sitting on a bench inside the entrance to the temple. The hand is red with boils "It won't spread," she tells him. "But you'll still have to get this treated."

[Asterion are you asking about what happened before you got here or on the information you recently told them to gather?]
Jun 3, 2015 6:36 am
ShadowFire says:
[Asterion are you asking about what happened before you got here or on the information you recently told them to gather?]
OOC: Whichever is available at the moment.

Asterion notes the positions marked with X's. He then examines the corpse while conferring with Lady Gavrantha. "These boils. I have never seen their like. Master Shadowpool here has determined the disease was triggered by magical means. Can it be treated with mundane methods? I am determined to get to the bottom of this, Lady Gavrantha. As soon as you judge the witnesses are able I would like to interview them to see if I might gain some clues as to what happened."
Last edited June 9, 2015 1:36 am
Jun 3, 2015 11:36 am
Uhlskah takes a dark delight in the horrible scene, and already starts thinking about how to portray it in a macabre ballad, but his attention is soon taken up by the evident consternation and uncertainty of the temple official. And if that Ironwrought and Gnome have been called in, it must be ... serious.

Uhlskah's first instinct was to slip through the cordon and get a good look at the bodies himself, but considering the number of guardsmen floating around that could be bothersome, so instead he turns his attention to the crowd, using his apparently uninterested little comments and asides to see if there is anyone who saw what happened in more detail.

OOC: Hmm - that roll didn't process properly it's +9 for my streetwise, so result of 17.
Last edited June 3, 2015 11:37 am

Rolls

Streetwise to gather information from crowd - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Jun 3, 2015 12:43 pm
Ravastine motions Asterion over to the sitting witnesses. "The outbreak isn't contagious, so you're safe to approach them." Turning to the victims, she speaks to them, as she would to equals. "You're going to be okay, this isn't going to get worse. I know that you're probably scared and confused but I want to find whoever did this and stop them from doing it again. You can help me do that, if you can think back to right before the moment that this happened. Try and remember what was going on around you. Did you see anyone or anything that looked like it might be casting a spell, or using magic, or throwing something? Anything unusual focused on the space between all of you?"

Rolls

Diplomacy - (1d20+5)

(6) + 5 = 11

Jun 3, 2015 11:46 pm
Kilth
-Someone thinks they saw two sisters walking out of the temple, arguing; one fled one dead; of Norbin, a low born family name -Another intends to visit the Norbin house, though his companion warns him against it -Some say one of the victims is a Keleem Rynekel (Rynekel is one of the ruling families, each family has one seat on the council, Keleem does not represent this seat) but others disagree because they can't see him
Asterion
The 'blight' seems to have been most powerful in the center(Corpse) and the effects taper of to only scorch the shoulder/hand/limb further away.
The guard rules that the three witnesses on the bench are ordinary citizens, two are servants, but that the one unconscious is an important, Keleem Rynekel, and his parents are probably one thier way and to expect a 'storm' when they get here.
Ravastine
-You stop them from asking questions of you before they respond to your questions and keep them calm.
"I was just walking to the market, I was thinking about the prices not this!"
"I sorry, I can't think of anything."
"I.. their was talking, people. Lord Keleem was walking ahead of me. Is he going to be okay?"
Jun 4, 2015 5:27 am
Having gathered what he can about the magic involved Kirrian scans the crowd. He notices the dark elf bard working the crowd. He has seen the man around and heard him perform. His original works were a bit dark, but they suited Kirrian's ear just fine. When there was a lull in the cross investigation Kirrian calls out to to the crowd, but makes eye contact with Uhlskah Kilth, "Hello, citizens of Dragon Pool. We are doing our best to find out the sourse of this incident. The healers have determined that there is no immediate threat from the affliction that befell these individuals. There is no disease to fear. However we are getting conflicting information. Did anyone see anything at all in regard to who did this? Any information would be of assistance! Please step forward and declare what you saw if you think it may be of interest. Please!"
Jun 4, 2015 8:45 am
Uhlskah turns to Kirrian, deliberately not changing his posture, so he looks right down his nose at him. In a half-song dripping with irony he projects his voice towards the gnome:

"Some say the Norbin girl ran off,
Some say they saw Rynekel.
Whoever did this dreadful deed,
Our gnome is in a pickle."

Seeing the gnome scowl up, Uhlskah's face cannot help but break out into a genuine smile, and in a more conciliatory tone he says, "If it's information you want, you're looking at the right person, though you'll have to trade me the information you have about this ... tragedy." He seems to relish the last word rather too much.
Last edited June 4, 2015 8:51 am
Jun 4, 2015 9:29 am
Asterion is still inside the temple with Ravastine & Lady Gavrantha. He recognizes Keleem Rynekel as soon as he lays eyes on him. The guard's report merely confirms it. And the Lord & Lady Rynekel are on their way here! Damn!

Based on available information, Keleem Rynekel was not the target of the attack (or perhaps he was, but the assassin missed narrowly). Identifying the deceased is vital. The three other victims appear to be collateral damage.

Asterion nods when the guard tells him that Kirrian is already canvassing the crowd for more witnesses. Curious character, that Kirrian. He is aware that Master Shadowpool has been a valuable asset to the Ironwrought in the past but this is his first time working closely with the gnome.

Asterion decides to confer with Kirrian to see what he has gathered, but first... "Lady Gavrantha, I understand the affliction is not contagious, and can be healed. What can we expect from your unconscious patient in the next few hours and days? Will he regain consciousness soon?" he gestures towards Rynekel's inert form on the pallet. "Given his identity I'm sure you can appreciate the...delicate nature of this matter. I've been told his parents are on their way here. This complicates things. I would like to glean as much information as possible before they arrive and I have to play the diplomat."
Last edited June 5, 2015 8:33 am
Jun 5, 2015 4:58 pm
Asterion
Lady Gavrantha "Lord Rynekel won't be awake until late into the night. I'm sorry. He will have the best recovery if we go at a semi-natural pace and not force it with harsh magics."

Kirrian
Some of the crowd disperses as they take your words with relief, or believe they've gotten their juicy story for the day to take home and gossip on.
Jun 5, 2015 8:53 pm
"Thank you very much for your help, Lady Gavrantha. I defer to your wisdom in the matter of his healing. Now I must continue my investigation. I expect we shall speak again when the elder Rynekels arrive." Asterion takes his leave of Lady Gavrantha. The young paladin Ravastine catches his eye again. The beautiful young half-elf almost reminds him of...he shakes his head, refocusing his thoughts.

Returning to the scene of the attack he finds Kirrian speaking with a dark elf. His eyebrow arched in the direction of the drow, he asks, "Master Shadowpool. What do you have for me?"
Last edited June 5, 2015 9:13 pm
Jun 6, 2015 12:51 am
"Ahk, na'much I'm afraid. The bastard used some magic unknownst t'me. T'was quick and left no trail. My guess is it was a one time use item...possibly a scroll even. The magic lingers as spells are'want ta'do, but the caster left na trail ta'follow. It does tell us he didn't teleport at least. And mayhaps wasn't using any magical disguise. If'n we could find a witness who got a peek at'em, we might have somet'in"

Indicating the draw he says, "Now this laddie 'ere, he was working the crowd and may have charmed some'tin out a lass or two. Tell him what you tools me lad! And leave off alll'o the flowery rhym'in bits."
Jun 6, 2015 2:23 am
Ravastine hovers around the Ironwrought and his gnomish companion. They seem, to her, like people who might quickly get to the heart of matters. Nodding to herself, she whistles loudly at the crowd-tainer, and gestures him up to her. To them.
Jun 6, 2015 4:23 pm
With all the over-confidence of a talented and popular adolescent, Uhlskah approaches Ravastine and gives her a dramatic bow,

"At your service, Madam."

In the same vein he turns back to Kirrian,

"Yes, well our best witness would seem to be the other Norbin girl. Running off and leaving her dying sister...", he tuts, "but easy enough to find her again. You see that gentleman over there? He was planning on visiting the family himself. So, shall we?", he makes a sweeping gesture with his hand, taking in Ravastine, Kirrian and Asterion.

At all times he talks more loudly than is strictly necessary, playing to the crowd, and his show is not going unnoticed. His assumption that he is part of this investigation is as brash as it is natural.
Last edited June 6, 2015 4:24 pm
Jun 8, 2015 7:22 am
Asterion crooks a finger and the senior guard comes. The Kubi quietly gives the guard instructions to discreetly follow the man Uhlskah has just indicated.

Asterion then looks at the drow carefully. This entertainer's manner annoys him. An investigation requires subtlety! Still, he may prove useful. After all, he has just extracted information the guards had not, and provided a potentially valuable lead!

"Doubtless you know my name. You will now tell me yours. I may permit you to assist us if I judge you an asset and not a liability. At the moment, with your grandstanding, you are proving the latter. You may yet change my mind. Your information may prove useful if it proves true. Now tell me your name, your interest in this case..." Asterion's stare hardens before adding, "...and why I shouldn't consider you a suspect."
Last edited June 9, 2015 1:51 am
Jun 8, 2015 6:25 pm
The man Uhlskah overheard talking, hears his show to the authorities, And looks around wondering if he is the one being spoken of. He removes himself and slips slowly into the streets, not seeing/understanding Asterion's order to the guard.
Jun 9, 2015 6:14 am
If Uhlskah is phased by the gravity of Asterion's words, it does not show on his face. He leans in towards Asterion and says sotto voce, "Well, if it's subtlety you want, I'm your man. I'm acting up for the crowds, but I'm also a dab hand at subterfuge. My interest in this matter is at present purely professional," he points at the black-laquered lute strung to his back, "and as to your suspicions about me...," he throws his silver hair back over his shoulders and laughs, "...it would be delightful if I were implicated in a magical murder - just imagine what it would do for my publicity - but today I was drawn here by the crowds after the event. As for my name, I'm a little peeved you haven't heard of me. Uhlskah, Ulskah Kilth at your service. And talking of service, I think you'd better send me after that fellow rather than your bumbling, clanking guards."

Uhlskah smiles brightly at Asterion, one eyebrow raised in query.
Jun 9, 2015 1:29 pm
"I am no guard, sir, though I may be clanking. I'm Ravastine Droverson, of the Temple of Erathis. As this deed fell on my doorstep, and is it is something that I would normally seek answer to, I'm doubly involved. " She brushes imaginary dust off of her polished, plate armor. She smiles at Uhlskah and shifts so that her flail clanks against her greave.

Her eyes scan the crowd and seeing worry, she says "excuse me, I need to allay the crowd's worries. Confused crowds may become mad mobs. Give me a few minutes and then I will accompany you in facing this threat." She enters the crowd and begins to speak to the city folk, telling them that it was a magical attack, and they are in no further danger, everything is being done to heal the victims. She is not kindly in these ministrations, but she is not aloof either, and merely speaks to them as she would to a neighbour. She is however, looking for guilt or anger, as well.
Last edited June 9, 2015 1:29 pm

Rolls

Diplomacy - (1d20+5)

(9) + 5 = 14

Insight - (1d20+8)

(12) + 8 = 20

Jun 9, 2015 7:40 pm
Asterion watches the young paladin admiringly. "Young! He chides himself. She's probably thrice my age!"

He then turns to Kirrian. "Master Shadowpool, if you concur, I am of the opinion that our subtle drow friend here and our half-elf paladin friend over there would be of great help in our investigation. I would very much like to join our city guard friend at the Norbin residence to see what there is to learn there. I fear we should not delay too long to pursue that lead. However, I am still needed here as I expect the Lord & Lady Rynekel will be arriving any moment. Would you and Uhlskah be so kind as to assess the situation at the Norbins and send Tyrol the guard back here? Ravastine and I will join you as soon as we possibly can."

He turns to Uhlskah and adds, sternly, "Reconnaissance only, understand? DO NOT make your presence known. We will decide what course of action to take after we've regrouped."
Last edited June 9, 2015 8:57 pm
Jun 9, 2015 11:05 pm
Ravastine, amongst the now thinned crowd you don't see guilt or anger or any with a sense of connection to the tragedy before them.
The Guard who just departed will not be too hard to spot. They are not trained for stealth. Though If the man he follows is an untrained commoner and not overly paranoid, he will not be spotted by the target.
Jun 10, 2015 1:35 pm
"Hummph...sure. Observe and report. We can handle that I imagine."
Jun 11, 2015 1:39 am
"I have no doubt, Master Shadowpool," Asterion replies gravely. Truly, he is anxious to be away from here to investigate the Norbin lead himself. Sadly, however, an Ironwrought Kubi is equal parts detective and diplomat. Should he be absent when the young Rynekel awakes or his parents arrive it would be a serious breach of protocol. It irks Asterion, but his place is here for now. He watches Kirrian and Uhlskah go before approaching Ravastine.

"You do good work here. I wonder though if you would care to join us when the investigation leads elsewhere in the city? I could speak to your superiors if you like."
Jun 11, 2015 1:21 pm
"I would be pleased to accompany you," Ravastine replies, ignoring the complement. "There is no need to speak with my superiors, I am expected to seek out threats to the city on my own and confront them." She pauses and scans the crowd once more. "I feel no malice from this lot. Answers lie elsewhere."
Last edited June 11, 2015 1:22 pm
Jun 11, 2015 4:53 pm
"Shall we, sir gnome?" Uhlskah says, turning already and moving in the direction the guard went. He moves nimbly and cleverly between people and buildings, aiming to go unnoticed by guard and quarry.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+10)

(9) + 10 = 19

Jun 12, 2015 4:14 am
Kirrian nods his assent and throws up his dark hood. His fairy familiar alightts on his shoulder and vanishes inside the hood as well, the little creatures glow winks out and Kirrian's face disappears into the shadows of his cloak. He let's the draw lead the way and falls back a few steps. When the bard gets about 15 feet in front of Kirrian, a gnomish woman in leather and chain armour falls instep behind Kirrian. She seems unconcerned with what is going on around her, but her eyes dart quickly taking in every potential danger and assessing and dismissing them. Her hand rests on a small sword, but you get the impression she can make fair use of it if need be. She does not speak, but you know she is guarding Kirrian from danger. It seems the gnomes plan is to rely on the large folk's habit of ignoring them rather than actually hiding.

Rolls

stealth also - (1d20+4)

(19) + 4 = 23

Jun 15, 2015 4:04 pm
You slip through the busy streets in pursuit of your target. After a while he stops and knocks on the wooden box that constitutes a home in this district. No one answers. He knocks with greater urgency, then pulls on the simple lock chained to the door, but it is clasped shut. He shakes himself of a foreboding feeling to convince himself nothing is wrong, he should just go back to work, and he'll see them in the evening.
Jun 16, 2015 4:14 pm
Uhlskah raises an eyebrow at Kirrian, and silently mouths, "Reconnaissance only?!" He then tries to find a way to the other side of the tiny dwelling - unnoticed by the would-be visitor - to see if there is any other entrance or at least a window to peer through.
Last edited June 16, 2015 4:15 pm

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+10)

(16) + 10 = 26

Jun 16, 2015 9:55 pm
These houses back onto another set of buildings of another street. The Norbin house backs onto a glass maker's shop. There is a loose board in the ally you think you could bend to get enough room for the Gnome squeeze into the Norbin house.
(I'm trying to post a picture to make this clear)
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shadowfirechronicles
Jun 18, 2015 7:19 pm
Uhlskah tries to pry open the board, as silently as possible, but enough for the gnome to get through.

Rolls

Athletics (for prying) - (1d20+0)

(11) = 11

Stealth (for doing it quietly) - (1d20+10)

(8) + 10 = 18

Jun 19, 2015 6:38 pm
You succeed. I'm just waiting for Kirrian to confirm he is going to go inside... ?
Jun 20, 2015 12:03 am
((Sorry...))

Kirrian looks up and down the street once more and moves to the cross side. A small light drops out of his sleeve and quickly winks out leaving just a small fairy standing beneath the two men. Then the gnomish woman in armor approaches and Kirrian gives a nod. The faith and the woman duck through the hole. Kirrian looks up at Uhlskah with a "What? Its their job." look on his face.

(((Using my minions to scout. I am fairly certain neither has stealth so they default to my skill bonus. The stealth roll is for them. They will come back and get me if the room is clear, or I will know there's a problem if they don't.))
Last edited June 20, 2015 12:05 am

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+4)

(13) + 4 = 17

Jun 20, 2015 12:23 am
Kirrian's minions report seeing a human's feet crawling into the adjoining building. It it is also very hot towards that side of the building. They do not detect anyone now inside the house.
Jun 21, 2015 6:44 pm
(Umm, the lock was originally on a small chain and required and key. Not the kind that automatically opens from the inside)
While you are inside, Kirrian, can you give me a perception check?
Jun 21, 2015 9:56 pm
((Oops...I forgot that detail. Deleted the post with bad info. Will fix here and make perception roll.))

"There's somt'n goin on 'nside. Can ye slip through here or get ou'front and...open the lock? I'm going in to see for myself."

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Jun 22, 2015 12:50 am
Lady Vestra Rynekel and Lord Istraud Rynekel arrive with several personal guards. The Lady's cloak is a dark purple, velvet and embroidered with gold string. The cost of it could feed a poor family for a year, but she is stunning in it. She rushes to find her son in a semi-controlled state of hysteria. The Lord immediately recognizes Asterion as the highest ranking official on site and approaches him, shoulders back and head held high with the confidence of someone on the ruling council.
"Kubi Asterion of the Ironwrought. What do you have for me?"
Jun 22, 2015 1:15 am
Kirran, You are in a simple kitchen. The front door is to the left, three rooms are to the right. You don't hear or see anything/anyone.
(Congratulations on the first 1 :P )
Jun 22, 2015 1:16 am
Ravastine stands solemnly and politely nearby, attempting to keep herself available but stay out of the way of the distraught parents. She will keep an eye toward the door and act as a humble guard if any non-Erathian attempts to enter.

She watches them subtlety. Her life has been harsh at its worst and even rugged at its best. These folk seem born into a sort of luxury she cannot comprehend, yet all people share such tragedies: rich or poor, noble or common, the danger to a child is equally difficult. Well, a loved child, she grimly adds.
Jun 22, 2015 5:00 am
((OOC: Not my first one on this site though. I either get great or horrible rolls here it seems. But such is life.))

The wizard and his guardswoman continue to search the small kitchen for any clues to the occupants whereabouts and wait for the drow to join them.
Jun 22, 2015 4:08 pm
ooc sorry! I thought I was a) holding the fence open and standing guard b) too big to come through.

Uhlskah looks in surprise as Kirrian and his entourage enter, and then, with a glance to the street around, picks the best moment to slip inside and see what he can see.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+10)

(16) + 10 = 26

Perception - (1d20+0)

(12) = 12

Jun 22, 2015 6:18 pm
(I kinda expected you to break in)
Well if you get on your back and push your pack through first you can squeeze in. It will take a minute or two (Not something you want to do in battle)
As Kilth is halfway through he hears a metal on metal grating sound. It comes from the right, beyond the bedrooms. Where the unknown person disappeared as Kirrian's minions entered.
Jun 22, 2015 11:22 pm
Asterion bows formally to the Rynekels. "My Lord. My Lady. As you know I have taken charge of the investigation. This was an attack. I do not wish to alarm you but we cannot discount the possibility that your son was the target. We must take precautions until we know more. The priestess Lady Gavrantha assured me the affliction is not contagious, and the boils will heal with proper treatment. Your son is expected to awake later tonight. It is best not to move him until then. He is in good hands here. I have instructed the city watch to maintain a perimeter around this temple. My associates are pursuing leads. I expect to hear from them shortly so I may personally pursue the matter further. You have my word, we will bring whoever did this to justice."
Jun 23, 2015 4:26 pm
Kirrian and his people begin a quiet systematic search of the small house.
Jun 23, 2015 4:51 pm
Uhlskah finds the crawling under the fence very undignified. What would any of his audience say if they saw him like this? There must be another way to investigate this noise to the right. He wiggles back out of the boards and goes round to the glassmaker's shop. Playing the part of a genuine client of such an establishment, he breezes in with a bright smile.

Rolls

Bluff - (1d20+9)

(9) + 9 = 18

Jun 24, 2015 12:33 am
The Lady rushes over and kneels at her son's bedside. She speaks softly to him.
Istraud speaks to Asterion "Let me know if there is anything I can do. And keep me informed." He is finding it difficult not ask you a hundred questions and take the job on himself. He then speaks with his eyes lowered, unsure, almost as if to himself, "I guess I'm supposed to trust Equitas to complete its responsibilities. It would be hypocrisy for me to change policy only when my own blood is involved." He looks back up at Asterion "Farewell." He turns and leaves, taking two of his guards with him.
Jun 24, 2015 11:03 pm
"Greetings," The shopkeeper welcomes Uhlskah. "Can I interest you in a vase to go with some of the flowers down the street? Or a wild-horse on the Moore?" He holds up the glass trinkets in turn. He wears an apron like that of a blacksmith. There are many other glass objects on display. There is a closed door behind him.
Jun 25, 2015 4:20 am
Asterion finds the brevity of Istraud Rynekel's response curious. Then again, that man was never one to show much emotion. Asterion moves to intercept the man at the door before he can leave. "My Lord. If I could trouble you for another moment. Is there any reason, besides your family's position on the Ruling Council, that anyone might wish to cause harm to your son?"

Earlier, Asterion has witnessed Ravastine to be quite adept diplomacy as well. Perhaps she can extract information while at the same time offering comfort. He signals discreetly to her to go to Lady Vestra.
Last edited June 25, 2015 7:22 am

Rolls

Diplomacy - (1d20+6)

(3) + 6 = 9

Jun 25, 2015 7:34 am
Uhlskah takes a moment or two to admire the trinkets being offered and on display before saying in a businesslike manner:

"Very fine, very fine. My parents said you were a master craftsman. You have heard of my parents I suppose? Kilth is the name.

Uhlskah waits a moment for his words to sink in and to get a gleam of recognition from the shopkeeper before continuing in a more delicate tone,

"The thing is, that my parents have a special client who wants something made up of glass and gemstones. They sent me to you to see if your work really matches the reputation you have. I can see from the finished products that their faith is not misplaced, but to get a fuller idea of the quality of your workmanship, I really need to see your workshop. It's this way, I presume..."

Uhlskah already has his hand on the doorhandle to the back room and is opening the door, not waiting for the shopkeeper's reply, trusting that his flattery will make him compliant.
Last edited June 25, 2015 7:36 am

Rolls

Bluff - (1d20+9)

(4) + 9 = 13

Jun 25, 2015 1:21 pm
Ravastine overhears Asterion's conversation and catching his eye, approaches the stricken boy. She takes a cloth from a herb-infused basin nearby and wrings out most of the warm water. Gently, she kneels above his head and gently cleans the sweat from his face the way she has seen Lady Gavrantha do, and attempts to emote the same compassion.

After that she has done that, she says "Lady Vestra, you have no doubt seen a much different side to the city than I. You seem a wise and cunning woman. What would be to gain from attacking your child? Help us identify the culprit, who may be someone who would want to see your family harmed, and I'll track the miscreant down." She grits her teeth and looks at the boy and the other victims. "Before they attack again."

She pleads the mother to help with the wide soulful eyes she practiced while begging on the street, yet watches to understand her response.

Rolls

Diplomacy - (1d20+5)

(12) + 5 = 17

Insight - (1d20+8)

(2) + 8 = 10

Jun 28, 2015 11:45 pm
Uhlskah:
The shopkeeper stands up, tries to get a handle on the conversation but the door has already been opened. He gasps. Inside the room is a furnace, a large horizontal cylinder, that has one end radiating with orange heat behind a shut trap. A girl is on top and having slid the top cover off is crouched on the precipice and bathed in fiery light.
Tears are evaporating off her reddened face, "The heat is the only thing that will incinerate the disease."
Jun 29, 2015 3:40 pm
In horror Uhlskah pushes his hand out towards the girl, hurriedly composing the gnomic verse, delivered in heavy metal rhythm:

"Flee the flames,
Live your life!"

He is squeamish about catching the girl. "Is she infectious?", he wonders. But hopes falling to the rough floor will be better than pitching into the furnace.

Using Majestic Word encounter power with Improved majestic word feat to slide her off the furnace plus any healing the power + feat offer. Healing surge up to 4HP plus 4 temp HP for feat - could be useful when falling to the ground!
Last edited June 30, 2015 4:12 am
Jun 30, 2015 3:33 am
(You do not know if she is infectious)
She squeaks in surprise as she is jarred and falls to the floor. She lands with her head near to the ground. As she sobs in defeat she does not right herself into a self respecting position. She stays laying on the floor. "Mother went through 9 hells for Valerie, and I killed her. She'll never have back." She lifts her head to look at you. "I don't want to hurt people."
Jun 30, 2015 3:36 am
Kirrian, outside of what is expected to be in a house, you find a paper with a scribbled record of payment needed (an unofficial invoice), letters addressed to Kathrine and signed- Al.
There is a bed pushed against the wall and underneath the hanging covers you find a hole in the wall, just as you hear Uhlskah sing/yell from the other side. And hear the sound of a body hitting the floor.
Jun 30, 2015 5:37 pm
Kirrian shoves the papers into his pocket and squeezes through the hole in the wall. He gives a sharp whistle that tells his guardswoman and familiar to follow. When he enters the room he quickly stands, ready to face danger, but after taking moment to look around the room he gives Kilth a puzzled look, "Wha'are ya doin' lad? Observe and report, OB-SER-VE and RE-POR-T!"
He takes the cloak off his shoulders and places it on the crying girl, then he and Grindylow help her into a nearby chair.
"Now what is going on?
Jun 30, 2015 5:38 pm
Lord Istraud, annoyed that Asterion stopped him says, "No one would dare." And pauses, says one last thing "And it if they did it would be their mistake" before striding away.

Lady Vestra "I appreciate your desire to seek justice. If my son were to be lost, it would not change anything on a political scale unless they also took out my husband." Her long velvet sleeves drape over Keelem as she brushes the hair from his eyes. "I would mourn deeply and the war of wills would continue. Only someone who doesn't want order would want our family harmed. I'm sorry I can't help more..."
Jun 30, 2015 6:02 pm
It is clear from Uhlskah's annoyed expression that he has registered Kirrian's words, but first of all he keeps his attention on the girl,

"Don't worry, little lady, we're not going to hurt you, and we'll make sure you don't hurt anyone else. We're here to help."

Once he is sure the girl is calm, he moves to the other side of the room with Kirrian, and whispers irritably at him, keeping his eye on the would be suicide.

"What I observed was our key witness escaping here, and about to pitch herself into this furnace. I thought a live witness would be a better report than a charred corpse, Sir Gnome."
Last edited June 30, 2015 6:24 pm

Rolls

Diplomacy to calm the girl (+1 skill versatility) - (1d20+5)

(6) + 5 = 11

Jun 30, 2015 6:17 pm
Asterion bows towards Lord Istraud's departing back. He glances in Ravastine & Lady Vestra's direction but decides not to join them for now so he can reorder his thoughts. Keleem Rynekel may or may not have been the target of the attack. Nothing helpful nor suspicious from the parents. There is a possible witness or suspect which Kirrian and the drow Uhlskah are tracking down. Where the hell is that guard Vardos? He should have reported back here by now! And when the devil is Keleem going to wake up? Asterion takes a deep breath to control his impatience. He longs to be out there doing what he does best instead of being cooped up here babysitting this dandy.
Jun 30, 2015 6:21 pm
Lia shrinks back as Kirrian approaches her. "I don't want to hurt anyone!" But she has no where to run. She lets herself be cloaked and shakily walks into a chair. "I should have destroyed every scrap of me."
Jun 30, 2015 6:53 pm
"We will take from that what we may, Lady." Ravastine returns to 'guarding', but this time from outside at the seen of the attack. Her back remains to the door, and she hopes the others have more success. Her shield arm itches, and she longs for... no, this doesn't seem the sort of fight that will be won with force. The city reeks of intrigue, a nest of secrets and layers of subtlety. Don't let them draw you into their schemes - the city needs watchers, those who can protect the city not personal interests.
Jun 30, 2015 7:10 pm
Vardos trots back up to Asterion sweating in his armor. "Sir. I followed him. He knocked on a locked door and left. He talked with some people on his way home but I couldn't get close enough to hear it. His family hasn't been arrested for anything recently. I didn't go inside but the place looks within regulations."
Jun 30, 2015 7:17 pm
"Well, good work then, I'spose." Kirrian says dismissively to Kilth. Then he turns to the girls, "Girl, lass, you're at an advantage here. We do'nae know what' you're'a talk in' about. Can ye please start from the beginning? What's the your name"

Rolls

Insight to get a read on the girl - (1d20+7)

(14) + 7 = 21

Jun 30, 2015 9:15 pm
"Lia. My name is Lia-- . Just Lia. My mother she-- she's not my birth mother. Valerie, my sister is her real daughter. And Mom did everything to keep her alive. She was sick and-- Kathrine will never have me back. I told her. I told her Valerie was dead and she left."
Kirrian, Lia is in a state of shock, sorrow, self-hate, disappointment, torment. You detect no lies. (You don't need to re-roll for the rest of this conversation)
EDIT: Lia "I don't remember what happened."
Jul 1, 2015 2:03 am
"Lia, lass, were you at the temple earlier? Is that where Valerie died? We need to know what happened. Do your best to remember what ye can. We will take care of you. We don't think you are to blame. Where has your mother gone do ya think?"
Jul 1, 2015 4:07 pm
Whilst Kirrian has Lia talking, Uhlskah tries to listen for any of the subtle sounds of magic which his ear has become accustomed to, around the girl, or coming from outside.

Using Arcana to Detect Magic on Lia and on the environment - watching out for any sudden changes.

Rolls

Arcana (Detect Magic) - (1d20+6)

(12) + 6 = 18

Jul 3, 2015 6:51 pm
Lia - "Mother. She went to the alchemist, the one she sees for Valerie's medicine. If she had thought he could bring her back she would have had hope in her eyes. But she was angry...
... we went to the temple. Val was fine all day and then she stumbled and took my arm and then she was dead. I must have screamed."
Uhlskah detects magic from one of the glass objects out front, and also notices that the shopkeeper isn't there anymore.
Jul 5, 2015 2:04 pm
Asterion nods in reply to Vardos' report. "I trust Master Shadowpool relieved you? If so then well done. Take a moment to catch your breath then leave Stevan in charge of the watch outside this temple. I want someone I can count on in here standing guard at Keleem Rynekel's bedside. That means you."

Asterion turns next to the priestess. "Lady Gavrantha, forgive me, is there truly no safe way to hurry our patient along to consciousness? I must speak with him and time grows short. It is entirely possible this incident has nothing at all to do with him and here I am hovering over him like a nursemaid whilst the clues turn cold."
Last edited July 5, 2015 2:38 pm

Rolls

Diplomacy - (1d20+6)

(12) + 6 = 18

Jul 5, 2015 2:56 pm
Uhlskah feels sure that Kirrian can cope with Lia's questioning. It could be nothing, but both the magical resonance and the lack of the shopkeeper bother him. He hurries out through the shop, glancing at the magical glass item on the way, out into the street. If the shopkeeper is not visible, he accosts the first bystander he sees and demands, "Which way did the glass cutter go? He and I have unfinished business." Uhlskah puts all his natural drow menace into the question, leaving the imagination of his interlocutor free to decide what business that might be, and what might happen if the dark elf is disappointed.

Rolls

Perception (in passing) - (1d20+1)

(14) + 1 = 15

Intimidation - (1d20+11)

(12) + 11 = 23

Jul 8, 2015 12:11 am
Uhlskah
There is a small glass drake, amongst the other glass creations, you feel is resonating with magic. Looking at the drake, he seems to be at the perfect angle to be looking at you. It isn't on the display where passing customers can see, but tucked on a shelf underneath.
The shopkeeper is amongst the first bystanders you see; looking sheepish and then scared. "I apologize Kilth. But you especially must know the value of a story. You saved the girl."
Jul 8, 2015 1:24 am
Lady Gavrantha stands and walks towards Asterion, before she can say anything-
"Keleem!" Lady Vesdra exclaims and weeps over him.
Lady Gavrantha returns to her patient. Keleem's eyes are open.
Jul 8, 2015 7:18 am
With a supreme effort of restraint Asterion stands by and lets Keleem and Lady Vestra have a private moment, and for Lady Gavrantha to check the young man's condition. It is not simply compassion that motivates his pause; it would be utterly useless to interview the man unless Asterion is certain Kelem is lucid enough.
Jul 8, 2015 4:43 pm
"Let's get ya back to the healers lass. By now they will have some answers. We are going to find our what happened. And we will find y'ur mother and explain everyth'ng. This wasn't y'ur. Come now...Gilly...um..er..see to the lass would you?" Kirrian gets awkward as he realizes he let his caring nature show just now. He takes a moment to shake himself out of it and brushes his beard and mustache with his hand in case they have been mussed by anything.
Jul 8, 2015 5:04 pm
Uhlskah quickly sees the opportunity to do something for his fan base whilst hopefully diverting the attention from the supposedly covert operation.

He scowls dramatically at the shopkeeper and says in a tone mixed with anger and light-hearted mockery:

"Saved the girl? Well, you could have saved her just as well by watching your forge more carefully. I'll have to write a song about you - burning your next door neighbours is a delightful theme. In the meantime, you know full well I came here on business. I'll take one of your trinkets to show my parents, and if I hear a word about any of this from any of you," he casts his angry eyes from the shopkeeper to the passersby, "there'll be trouble. I am a singer, not a saviour of girls nearly burned by an artisan's carelessness. Now everybody move along..."

Hoping this little outburst will stop rumours from spreading too fast, or at least divert them mostly onto the glass cutter, Kilth's singing and his parents, and away from the other details, Uhlskah goes back into the shop. He takes the drake figure and wraps it a cloth and then puts it in his backpack. Evidence, maybe? he thinks.

Do I have to roll intimidation again, or can I stick with the earlier roll?

Now I think about it, I'll make a bluff roll in case it's needed.
Last edited July 8, 2015 5:36 pm

Rolls

Bluff - (1d20+9)

(18) + 9 = 27

Jul 8, 2015 7:50 pm
Uhlskah
Seeing the story told not from the glass maker's perspective, the group gives him sour looks and disperses. As you take the glass drake it seems to slither in your hand, but as you stop to inspect it, it feels like a normal, unmoving piece of glass. The glass maker says, "My apologies but- Hey, are you going to pay for that? When you said take, I thought you would buy. Does it have to be that one? That one is kind of... special."

Kirrain
Lia mumbles "Yes, you should find mother. Healer, I supposed that's okay." She gets up, pulling the sides of the coat tightly around her.
Jul 8, 2015 8:00 pm
Keleem looks surprised to see his mother as his eyes focus.
"Is Muhal okay?" He asks his mother.
"He was beside you when it happened?"
"Yes, as he always is."
She shakes her head.
Keleem is depressed by this news, then looks angry. "What happened? Who did this."
He tires to sit up but Lady Gavrantha holds him down. "Steady. Wait a moment. You body has been through a trauma."
Jul 9, 2015 4:21 pm
"My good man, special is exactly what my parents are looking for, and I am not buying, merely borrowing. As a sign of my good will, here is something for the loan. I assure you I will return it in perfect condition, post haste!"

Uhlskah puts five gold pieces on the shopkeeper's counter and saunters out. He stays within sight of Kirrian and Lia on the way back to the temple but hides the fact that they are together.
Last edited July 9, 2015 4:25 pm
Jul 10, 2015 11:57 am
"Keleem. It is Fox Asterion. Easy, man, lie down. You and your man Muhal were caught in an attack. Help me find who did this." Asterion begins asking Keleem questions, pausing to wait for the answer to each one,
"Can you think of anyone who might wish harm upon you or Muhal?"
"Tell me what you remember in front of the temple."
"Tell me all that you remember about this day: Where were you headed? Where from? Any detail, no matter how small, may be helpful."
Last edited July 12, 2015 6:21 am
Jul 16, 2015 11:21 pm
Anticipating some unease from the boy, Ravastine will attempt to provide a comforting presence during Asterion's onslaught of questions.

OOC: wearing plate armour gives me a bonus on talking to boy children, doesn't it? ;-)

Rolls

Diplomacy - (1d20+5)

(19) + 5 = 24

Jul 20, 2015 5:50 pm
Keleem recounts the morning, trying to speak to Asterion but his wandering eyes frequently turn his head toward Ravastine. A laid back breakfast, walk through the Devonion Gardens{located near fine nobel houses, it has occasional patrols you chase out peasants] They perused the high end market, Keleem picks out a few details of interesting things for sale, before his stop at the temple. "I paid my alms and that's the last thing I remember. I'm sorry" His details are lacking in many areas. It unclear you whether, he is lying but there are things he is leaving out, instead replacing them with mundane details. "I can't imagine anyone caring enough to go to this much work to kill me. A well-placed blade is enough to kill most. Muhal didn't even need the blade.

I will assume Uhlskah and Kirrain are heading back to the temple with Lia.
Jul 20, 2015 10:40 pm
((That sounds good to me. Unless you have something else Kirrian brings the girl back to have her checked out and give her story.))
Jul 21, 2015 3:35 pm
Yup - to the temple. Let's unsplit the party!
Jul 27, 2015 4:59 am
Asterion nods in response to Keleem's account and thanks him. The mystery is n nearer to clarity than it was hours ago. He is now even more anxious to hear back from Kirrian and Uhlskah.
Jul 27, 2015 10:52 pm
Kirrian and Uhlskah arrive with Lia at the temple.
(I don't feel like doing a fancy description of this :P )
Jul 28, 2015 7:47 pm
As Kirrian arrives back at the temple he grabs the nearest guardsman he can find and tells him to round up more men and begin searching for Lia's mother as his bodyguard escorts the girl up the steps. He follows quickly behind.

"Asterion, wha'ave we learned'?!"
Jul 29, 2015 4:02 pm
Uhlskah puts a brave face on things, as if it were perfectly normal to come back from a reconnaissance mission with a frightened girl in tow. He walks into the temple behind Kirrian whistling to himself.
Jul 29, 2015 10:46 pm
"Not much here, I'm afraid. I hope you've better - what's this?!" Asterion exclaims as he registers Lia.
Last edited August 10, 2015 5:41 am
Aug 8, 2015 2:41 am
"Lass's name's Lia. She wa'ere when the attack 'appened. She blames 'erself bu' doen'a know why or how. She is was 'bou'ta do 'erself some harm. Figure' bring 'er 'ere an' see if any t'ing shook loose."
Aug 8, 2015 4:52 pm
Ravastine towers over the girl, unsure whether to expect street rat antics, or whether she should encourage trust. She decides to try to handle both.

She thumps her hard armour. "We can handle most things, Lia. See this armor, it's made for deflecting most anything that someone might swing at me. I know you're scared, but if you're scared of something, tell us about it so we can deal with it. And these men, "she says gesturing at Asterion, Uhlskah, and possibly Kirrian, "are quite skilled in surprising ways." She kneels down to be eye to eye with the girl. "We'll keep between you and what's scaring you. Would you like that? To be under our protection?"
Aug 8, 2015 5:56 pm
Lia - "I... suppose." She breathes in, and lets it all out. "Yes. I would appreciate that.
My mother doesn't have armour, and she went to see the Alchemist, with fire in her eyes. The one who gave my sister medicine. She was sick. Armour can't protect from poison, or what is already inside."
Aug 10, 2015 6:12 am
Asterion nods his approval at Kirrian's decision to bring the girl, and his appreciation at Ravastine's approach. The paladin is proving herself a valuable asset indeed! The kubi studies the girl Lia, weighing her words, reading her face. He also glances in Keleem's direction to see if there's any sign he knows Lia or this Alchemist.
OOC: Do any of us know who this Alchemist is? Sounds like someone Equitas and Kirrian would be keeping tabs on.
Last edited August 10, 2015 7:42 pm

Rolls

Getting read on Lia & Keleem [Insight] - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Aug 10, 2015 5:06 pm
Asterion recognizes the name 'The Alchemist'. He has never seen him, but has encountered the name here and there in other reports as if he were a ghost. Someone of higher authority might know more.

Lia has no intent to hide anything from Kubi before her, though she falls short in knowledge. She is scarred, though calmed by the people around her, and words spoken. Keleem had a moment for recognition pass his face at hearing 'the Alchemist', before hiding it, at your glance. He begins a slow rolling up of his bedding while keeping an ear out.

Lia "I went there only once, saw my sister take the medicine, mother must have gone there."

(Do you mean Equitas and Kirrian?)
Aug 10, 2015 5:24 pm
OOC: scarred by the people around her, or scared? Did she resist arrest? 8)
Aug 10, 2015 5:35 pm
Lia is scared in passing, a lot has happened to her today. Perhaps she will be scarred, but it is too early to tell.
(Sorry for the spelling error)
Aug 11, 2015 2:00 am
Relieved to discover that these serious folk have not driven him out of the group for the part he has played so far, Uhlskah speaks up, in his best attempt at a sweet voice, "So, little lady, it sounds like we need to see this Alchemist if we've any chance of helping you and your family. Why don't you take us there, eh? You can trust me now that I've saved your life, can't you?" Inside, Uhlskah is delighted at the dark story which is developing. The Alchemist with fire in her eyes - he couldn't invent better antiheroes for his songs. He also hopes by mentioning saving Lia's life he might get some recognition from the Kubi, who is clearly the head of this operation.
Last edited August 11, 2015 2:01 am
Aug 12, 2015 7:39 pm
"It bothers me tha' this 'Alchemist' is unknown to me. But yes, they're person of interest number one.
Aug 13, 2015 2:35 am
Lia nods and is ready to go.
(Let me know if you're going with her / trying stop her / doing anything along the way or before hand ect.)
Aug 13, 2015 4:26 am
Asterion spins on his heel and strides over to tower ominously over Keleem. The Ironwrought's eyes are cold steel. Quietly but implacably, he says "I saw the look on your face. I know you know something. Tell me."

Rolls

Intimidation - (1d20+5)

(3) + 5 = 8

Aug 13, 2015 5:33 pm
ShadowFire says:
Lia nods and is ready to go.
So, she's ready to lead us to the Alchemist? If so, Uhlskah is going with her.
Last edited August 13, 2015 5:34 pm
Aug 14, 2015 12:56 am
Lady Vesdra, still at Keleem's side, scowls. "How dare you talk to the Lord Rynekel like that."
Keleem puts his hand up and she quiets. He speaks, "Kubi, I appreciate your thoroughness in this investigation but if I knew anything that would help this investigation I would obviously tell you. I feel it's time we take our leave." He takes his mother's arm and they walk out.

(Lia will lead you to the place she saw the Alchemist and where she suspects her mother went, yes)
Aug 14, 2015 2:17 am
Having failed to intimidate the Rynekels, Asterion attempts diplomacy. He bows, "Thank you for your time and your help. Vardos here will escort you to your home." the Kubi gestures to his trusted guard. "I insist, Lady Vestra, given Lord Keleem's condition. It would be for my own peace of mind that the two of you are safe." Asterion raises his eyebrow at Vardos, a signal that the guard fully understands: he is to watch Keleem's every coming and going.

After they leave, Asterion confides in his companions. "Keleem knows something. We must find out what. I trust Vardos completely in this but I am uncertain if he is up to the task. However I am loathe to separate the four of us again. We may need all our resources confronting this Alchemist. Come." He turns to Lia, "Show us the way, girl."
OOC: I forgot to factor in my Cha modifier (+4) to the Intimidation roll in my previous post but I don't know if it would have made a difference.

Rolls

Diplomacy - (1d20+6)

(4) + 6 = 10

Aug 20, 2015 3:57 pm
"Lass, you needs no' take us 'ere yourself. Ye can jus' tell us where ta fin' this person. We'll take care o'the rest." Kirrian says to the girl. He stands between her and the door and looks up at her with a grimace.
Aug 22, 2015 3:26 pm
The Rynekels accept the escort and leave.
Lia explains as best she can where she saw him.
(Assuming you guys all go...)
With the sun sinking towards the horizon the warning bells chime from the towers as the first trickle of farmers funnel in through the gates. You get to a house with the door busted open. Above the doorway is a symbol, a circle with a diagonal line cutting through it, as described by Lia. Looking through the open door, the house looks empty.
Aug 22, 2015 4:20 pm
Uhlskah relishes the next dark twist in this tale of woe. Turning to his new companions with a barely perceptible smile he raises an eyebrow, assuming someone else will take the lead, probably the Kubi.
Aug 22, 2015 4:53 pm
"Master Kirrian, take your people and cover the rear exit. Ravastine, you're with them. Uhlskah, with me." Asterion says sharply. He moves forward, eyes flashing, without giving any other orders. As he strides forward with his rod clasped in one hand, a dark blade springs forth from the other. The Starshadow Blade is mesmerizing, seeming to be wrought from shifting light and shadow, as if someone had made it by folding molten dreams and nightmares in the forge of a star.
Last edited August 25, 2015 5:41 am
Aug 24, 2015 10:21 pm
The house is very empty, with no decorations, but lots of chairs and sitting room. A trap door has been left open on the floor of the main room. There are wooden steps leading down and the light is dim.
Aug 25, 2015 6:00 am
Asterion crouches by the trapdoor. He points down into the depths and whispers to Uhlskah, "Time to prove your worth, master drow."
Aug 25, 2015 2:39 pm
Ravastine, after covering the back door, enters the house and slouches (as best she can in plate armour) near the backdoor, trying to keep an eye on the exterior as well as the trapdoor inside.
Aug 25, 2015 4:15 pm
Visibly pouting at Asterion's domineering manner, but secretly excited to have been recognized by the Kubi and brought into the thick of the investigation, Uhlskah peers down the shaft. Absent mindedly he flicks the end of his right sleeve out, and his tarantula slowly crawls out onto the back of his hand.
Sep 8, 2015 11:30 pm
Down the creaking wooden stairs are stacks of cramped cages containing birds, rats and snakes. The light of the sky bathes your immediate area in soft light, with breathing and squawking coming from the surrounding darkness.
(Let me know if any of you stay upstairs)
Sep 9, 2015 5:23 pm
Behind his mask of confidence, Uhlskah feels his neck muscles tighten in apprehension. However one look at the Asterion's stony gaze helps the drow to make up his mind, and he descends the ladder with surprising speed into the dark menagerie below.

I actually felt that 1 coming!
Last edited September 9, 2015 5:24 pm

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+10)

(1) + 10 = 11

Sep 12, 2015 4:24 pm
Uhlskah carefully creeps down the stairs, though on the last step his foot catches on an unseemly knot in the wood and he trips. One of the cages crashes to the floor another tips precariously on the edge of a wooden crate; the weight of the bird inside would be enough to decide its fate. You see a beast-like pair of eyes flash in the darkness. It knows where you are.
Sep 12, 2015 8:19 pm
Ravastine rushes to the top of the stairs and hisses at Ulhskah. "You alive? Need help?" She tries to keep an eye and ear out for signs that anyone was alerted to the ruckus.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+1)

(3) + 1 = 4

Sep 13, 2015 3:33 am
Asterion sighs. "With the amount of noise he's making I think there's no longer any point in trying to be stealthy. Master Shadowpool, if you and your people would be so kind, stand guard up here." To Ravastine, he says, "Come on, let's get down there." With that, Asterion drops down through the trap door.
Last edited September 13, 2015 3:13 pm

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+5)

(3) + 5 = 8

Perception - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Sep 13, 2015 2:34 pm
Ravastine nods to Asterion and tries (she really does try) to be stealthy in her full plate armour. She follows him down the ladder, holding her massive flail out of the way, hoping not to step on anything important.
OOC: Ravastine has an ability called Group Insight [+1 Insight and Initiative, allies within 10 feet], in case that becomes important.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20-2)

(5) - 2 = 3

Sep 13, 2015 3:43 pm
Sprawled on the floor, Uhlskah cloaks himself in deeper darkness, as his keen drow eyes peer through the magical and mundane gloom to better see the creature.
OOC using Cloud of Darkness (Minor Action, Close burst 1) Minor Action The burst creates a cloud of darkness that remains in place until the end of your next turn. The cloud blocks line of sight, squares within it are totally obscured, and creatures entirely within it are blinded until they exit. You are immune to these effects.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+1)

(5) + 1 = 6

Sep 13, 2015 11:45 pm
Ravastine looks around quickly but sees no one approaching before clattering down the stairs.

(Uhlskah, does that mean your allies are also unaffected or is their line of sight blocked?)
Edit: because having come down the stairs they would be adjacent to you.
Sep 15, 2015 6:50 pm
A black cloud surrounds the bottom of the stairs and the adventurers. You hear Kirrain yell in pain and fall to the floor but can't see him.
Roll for initiative!

Rolls

1d20

(11) = 11

1d20+5

(6) + 5 = 11

Sep 15, 2015 7:23 pm
Ravastine peers into the sudden black cloud, expecting trouble. The ball of her flail drops ominously to the end of its chain, and she prepares herself. "Uhlskah?" she hisses.
OOC: Reminder that you get +1 initiative if you're within 10' of Ravastine (and you're an ally).

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Sep 16, 2015 2:28 am
Asterion moves out of the magical darkness and takes cover behind some crates, eyes probing the room.

Rolls

Initiative (including the +1 from Ravastine) - (1d20+1)

(10) + 1 = 11

Stealth - (1d20+5)

(5) + 5 = 10

Perception - (1d20-1)

(10) - 1 = 9

Sep 16, 2015 4:31 pm
Uhlskah has a brief pang of conscience as he hears Kirrian clatter down, and chooses not to betray his position by answering Ravastine. For now focuses his attention on seeing the foe he has hopefully blinded.

Gah! The dice roller is broken!
Last edited September 16, 2015 4:32 pm

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Perception - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Sep 16, 2015 8:20 pm
1)Ravastine acts first
2)Asterion
3)Creature
4)Uhlskah
Sep 16, 2015 8:33 pm
OOC: Ummm, I attack the darkness?
Fearing for her companion, Ravastine listens carefully for something that doesn't quite sound like an Uhlskah, and then will attack.

Rolls

Perception (listen) - (1d20+1)

(11) + 1 = 12

Attack (flail) - (1d20+4)

(19) + 4 = 23

damage (flail, 2 handed) - (1d10+4)

(8) + 4 = 12

Sep 16, 2015 9:06 pm
Asterion is uncertain what and where the threat is. All he knows is that Uhlskah isn't responding and there is a cloud of unnatural darkness at the foot of the stairs. Experience tells him to wait and prepare to act.
OOC:
Readied action: Eyebite.
Trigger: threat shows itself and Asterion can move into range.
Sep 16, 2015 9:57 pm
Ravastine spots a wolf-like creature, steps forward and swings her flail.
Teeth snap as it tries to bite her on her approach.
The flail buries into its back and it howls in pain swinging its scorpion tail absent a stinger.
Asterion spots them and leaps forward.
Edit:I don't know if this lets you see the results...
18 vs AC
5 potential damage

Rolls

Bite vs AC

Potential Damage

Sep 16, 2015 11:33 pm
Asterion locks eyes with the creature as it lunges for Ravastine.
Quote:
Eyebite
At-Will ✦ Standard ✦ Ranged 10 ✦ Arcane, Charm, Implement, Psychic
Target: One creature
Attack: CHA vs. Will
Hit: 1d6 + Charisma modifier psychic damage, and you are invisible to the target until the start of your next turn.

Rolls

Attack roll vs Will - (1d20+5)

(14) + 5 = 19

Damage - (1d6+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Sep 17, 2015 7:17 pm
The wolf winces at the pain from its head creeping into its eyes. Having no idea where it came from the wolf concentrates on the enemy in front of him using his turn to viciously try and draw blood through the clinking armour.
(Uhlskah's turn)

Rolls

Bite

Potential Damage

Sep 19, 2015 5:34 pm
Something in the wolf's cry of pain causes a dark note to resonate in Uhlskah's soul, and the drow feels some of his energy seeping away to support the kubi in his violence. As the magical darkness gives way to its mundane counterpart, the dark elf lets out startlingly realistic growls and barks in the direction of the wolf, which even to a humanoid ear sound caustic.
Asterion gains 2HP from Virtue of Valor.

Attacking wolf with Vicious Mockery.

- Virtue of Valor: Once per round, when any ally
within 5 squares of you reduces an enemy to 0 hit points or bloodies an enemy, you can grant temporary hit points to that ally as a free action. The number of temporary hit points equals 1 + your Constitution modifier at 1st level...

- Vicious Mockery
Bard Attack 1
You unleash a string of insults at your foe, weaving them with bardic magic to send the creature into a blind rage.
At-Will Arcane, Charm, Implement, Psychic
Standard Action Ranged 10 Target: One creature Attack: Charisma vs. Will
Hit: 1d6 + Charisma modifier psychic damage, and the target takes a –2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.

Rolls

Vicious mockery against wolf's AC - (1d20+4)

(16) + 4 = 20

Psychic damage - (1d6+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Sep 19, 2015 6:28 pm
Ravastine shakes her head to clear the illusions. Surely this cellar is a madhouse. Wolves, magical darkness, now the Drow is singing to the wolf. At least he's alive. She prays to Erathis that she isn't hitting the bard. She attempts to maintain the wolfs attention in spite of the chaos, and tries to drive the beast down.
Divine Challenge - mark the target, -2 to attack not me plus 6 radiant damage the first time
Enfeebling Strike - 1[W]+cha (3); if marked, it also gets -2 to attack rolls to end of my next turn

Rolls

Attack roll - (1d20+4)

(5) + 4 = 9

Damage, flail 2handed plus enfeebling strike - (1d20+7)

(19) + 7 = 26

Sep 19, 2015 6:29 pm
Heh...should be 1d10 for flail damage, not that I hit
Sep 20, 2015 5:31 pm
Asterion calmly strides up to the creature. He casually thrusts his shifting blade into thin air beside him and the astonished creature suddenly finds itself at the kubi's swordpoint!
Quote:
Wield the Warp
Encounter Standard Melee ✦ Arcane, Implement, Psychic, Radiant, Teleportation, Weapon
Requirement: You must use this power with your Starshadow Blade.
Attack: Charisma vs. Fortitude
Hit: 2d10 + Charisma modifier psychic & radiant damage, and you teleport the target to another square adjacent to you.
And here is the reason why I made two attack rolls:
Quote:
Inevitable Strike lronwrought Attack
Encounter No Action ✦ Elemental, Weapon
Target: Personal
Trigger: You make a melee weapon attack roll.
Effect: Make the attack roll twice. If both attack rolls hit, the target takes 1d8 extra damage.

Rolls

Wield the Warp: 1d20 + Cha (4) + Heavy Blade Expertise (1) + Rod Expertise (1) - (1d20+6, 1d20+6)

1d20+6 : (15) + 6 = 21

1d20+6 : (17) + 6 = 23

Radiant & psychic damage - (2d10+4)

(26) + 4 = 12

Possible extra damage (Inevitable Strike lronwrought Attack) - (1d8)

(1) = 1

Sep 21, 2015 10:15 pm
The wolf jumps away as Ravastine swings at him again. Then Finds itself moved,teleported and confused as Asterion plunges his blade into the wolf's chest almost splitting it in half. It falls to the floor, dead. An odd, poor creature looking like someone tried to slap a scorpion onto a wolf, the stinger is missing though, broken off. Kirrian is groaning on the floor. You turn to see the stinger protruding from his chest.
Sep 21, 2015 11:12 pm
Asterion rushes to the fallen gnome's side. "Shadowpool! Stay with me, Shadowpool! KIRRIAN!! DAMMIT!" The kubi looks up helplessly at his companions...
Sep 22, 2015 12:48 am
Ravastine kneels before Kirrian and lays her gauntlet on his chest, whispering a benediction to Erathis. She concentrates and then rises. "I can do nothing for the poison, but hopefully Erathis'es judgement will stable the wound.
Lay On Hands: Ravastine spends a healing surge, but Kirrian gets the effect as if he had spent it (I.e., regains 1/4 maximum health).
Sep 22, 2015 1:53 am
Uhlskah slips his black-laquered lute off his shoulder, and begins to strum ever so gently, humming a dark but somehow comforting melody.
Quote:
When you play an instrument or sing during a short rest, you and each ally who can hear you are affected by your Song of Rest. When an affected character spends healing surges at the end of the rest, that character regains additional hit points equal to your Charisma modifier with each healing surge. A character can be affected by only one Song of Rest at a time.
OOC: I'm not sure if this works with Ravastine's transferred healing surge, or Kirrian has to use his own...

Uhlskah's Charisma modifier is +4
Last edited September 22, 2015 1:54 am
Sep 25, 2015 12:13 am
Kirrian looks better, though still pale, he sits up and leans against a wall, but doesn't stand. Their are brief noises of a woman yelling, coming from somewhere down here.
Sep 25, 2015 8:38 pm
"Where the hell are Kirrian's people?!" Asterion hisses. "Ravastine, watch over him. Uhlskah, with me." Sword still ready, Asterion heads towards the noise.
Sep 26, 2015 3:40 pm
Trying to uphold his youthful swagger, Uhlskah draws his hand crossbow and moves quickly along with Asterion. However, the bard's hand trembles on the weapon - he is not used to being so close to the macabre news he usually only writes songs about.
Sep 26, 2015 3:50 pm
Whispering quietly, Ravastine asks Kirrian what happened. Her eyes scan the ladder up, and she keeps an ear out for trouble in Asterion's direction.
Oct 13, 2015 11:47 pm
There is a door, though in the dim light is was difficult to distinguish it from the walls. It swings open smoothly as you push on it. From here Asterion and Uhlskah see the source of the yells, louder now. A scraggly looking wererat in lavish green robes is being accosted by a woman. Half her head is shaved and replaced with runic tattoos. She has a knife to him and he is bearing his yellow teeth.
Kirrian groans "It came out of nowhere. Grindylow.....?"
Oct 14, 2015 5:09 am
"Kubi of the Ironwrought! Put down the knife!"
Readied action: Eldritch Bolt
Trigger: if either creature moves against us aggressively

Rolls

Intimidation - (1d20+5)

(19) + 5 = 24

Eldritch Bolt - (1d20+5)

(12) + 5 = 17

damage - (1d10+4)

(5) + 4 = 9

Arcana (to understand the runes on the woman's head) - (1d20+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Oct 15, 2015 7:57 am
Uhlskah moves the end of his crossbow to point first at the wererat and then at the woman. Asterion's real confidence bolsters his own facade.
Readied action: Fire crossbow.
Trigger: Asterion attacking.

Rolls

Fire crossbow - (1d20+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Damage on hit - (1d6)

(2) = 2

History (Any tales about town of wererats in green robes?) - (1d20+3)

(19) + 3 = 22

Oct 18, 2015 5:50 pm
The woman lowers her blade to turn to Asterion. The wererat takes the opportunity, lunging at her throat. He clamps down and draws blood. (Neither have moved against you)
Asterion on is too on edge to recall his studies and identify the runes.
Uhlskah, with your streetwise you can tell this 'guy' is rich but is no noble or of a well known family or business. He probably deals in less legal services, which can be quite lucrative. You don't have any historical knowledge of wererats in green robes.
Roll Initiative.
Oct 18, 2015 6:20 pm
OOC: Initiative

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Oct 18, 2015 6:42 pm
From her position at the bottom of the stairs (watching over Kirrian as per Asterions instructions), Ravastine nonetheless listens for signs that her companions run into more trouble.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+1)

(15) + 1 = 16

Initiative - (1d20+0)

(3) = 3

Oct 20, 2015 12:03 am
Initiative

Ye gods of fate are cruel to us!
Last edited October 20, 2015 12:03 am

Rolls

Ini - (1d20+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Oct 20, 2015 10:22 pm
1)Wererat
2)Woman
3)Uhlskah
4)Ravastine
5)Asterion

"You're too late Kubi," the wererat hisses. He lunges for Asterion, his fangs still dripping with blood.
Edit: 26 vs Ac

Rolls

Wererat Bite

Damage - (1D4+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Oct 20, 2015 10:33 pm
The bite feels like it has already festered; hot with blood-flow and itchy.
(Asterion is taking 2 ongoing damage which you will take at the beginning of your turn, and at the end of your turn roll a D20 to save. 10 or higher is a success and you will not continue taking the damage on your turn)
Uhlskah may now act.
Oct 24, 2015 12:25 am
As soon as the wererat reveals its hostile intentions, something in Uhlskah hardens. His drow eyes narrow, and flames of shadow spring up around the lycanthrope. Simultaneously Uhlskah calls out Asterion's name, the bard intending to use his bitter sweet voice to give the word power and majesty. But the bright name catches in the elf's dark throat...
- Darkfire
(Minor Action, Ranged 10) Target: One creature Attack: Charisma +4 vs. Reflex Until the end of your next turn, all attacks against the target have combat advantage, and the target cannot benefit from invisibility or concealment.

- Shout of Triumph
Bard Attack 1 You unleash a mighty call of battle, scattering your enemies while urging your allies forward.
Encounter Arcane, Implement, Thunder
Standard Action Close blast 3
Target: Each enemy in blast
Attack: Charisma vs. Fortitude
Hit: 1d6 + Charisma modifier thunder damage, and you push the target 1 square.
Effect: You slide each ally in the blast 1 square.
Last edited October 24, 2015 1:13 am

Rolls

Darkfire - (1d20+8)

(5) + 8 = 13

Shout of Triumph + any other modifiers? - (1d20+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Damage on hit - (1d6+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Oct 24, 2015 1:38 am
Ravastine squints to where the others went, and then down at Kirian. She is loathe to leave him, defenseless. Nonetheless, her mentor taught her to never break a plan that others may be relying on. She waits for the others to call for her.
Ready action: if summoned by Asterion or Uhlskah, she will charge in and a attack something that seems menacing.
Oct 24, 2015 2:42 am
The wererat is obviously hostile. And the woman? Does she carry evil intent or is she a victim needing aid? In his line of work Asterion often wishes he could sense evil auras. He calls out, "Ravastine!", a call for aid, not a command. Then in a fluid motionhe thrusts his Starshadow Blade into the wererat.

Asterion takes 2 ongoing damage.
DC 10 Save vs ongoing damage failed (no modifiers?).

Quote:
Resplendent Blade
At-Will ✦ Standard Melee ✦ Arcane, Implement, Radiant, Weapon
Requirement: You must use this power with your Starshadow Blade.
Attack: CHA vs. AC
Hit: 1d10 + CHA modifier radiant damage, and one enemy adjacent to the target takes radiant damage equal to your INT modifier
Special: You can use this power as a melee basic attack.

Inevitable Strike (lronwrought Attack)
Encounter ✦ No Action ✦ Elemental, Weapon
Target: Personal
Trigger: You make a melee weapon attack roll.
Effect: Make the attack roll twice. If both attack rolls hit, the target takes 1d8 extra damage.
Last edited October 24, 2015 6:44 pm

Rolls

Attack vs AC: +Cha(4) +Hvy Blade Expertise(1) +Rod Expertise(1) +Darkfire(2) - (1d20+8, 1d20+8)

1d20+8 : (6) + 8 = 14

1d20+8 : (17) + 8 = 25

Radiant damage - (1d10+4)

(9) + 4 = 13

Possible extra damage (Inevitable Strike) - (1d8)

(1) = 1

DC 10 save vs ongoing damage - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Oct 24, 2015 7:19 pm
Poised to respond, Ravastine rushes in and tries to interpose her armored body between potential enemies and her friends.

If she has time she will strike an enemy.
Divine Challenge - mark the target, -2 to attack not me plus 6 radiant damage the first time
Enfeebling Strike - 1[W]+cha (3); if marked, it also gets -2 to attack rolls to end of my next turn

Rolls

Attack wererat, 2H flail (if she can) - (1d20+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

2H flail damage + Enfeebling Strike - (1d10+7)

(10) + 7 = 17

Oct 25, 2015 11:15 pm
The dark fire conjured in Uhlaskah eye's reaches for the rat's but he won't let it in. And hisses at the mighty battle cry. Asterion slashes but the rat quickly ducks, in his egotism he doesn't see the second strike. Asterion slips his blade into the rat's gut and it burns with searing white light. Ravastine charges in with her flail but the rat dodges just enough see it tear his robe instead. The rat turns it's attention to Ravastine and bites.

(Yes Ravastine you are able to go after Asterion like a saved action. In the next round you will go before him.)
(Darkfire, Shout of Triumph and inevitable strike failed. The wererat is marked. It took 13 damage.)

Rolls

Wererat Bite - (1D20+8)

(17) + 8 = 25

Potential Damage - (1D4+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Oct 29, 2015 9:55 am
Uhlskah drops his crossbow, draws his scimitar, and attacks the wererat. The swish of the scimitar leaving its sheath merges imperceptibly with the crescendoing war cry of the bard, the resonance of which seems to make the blade tremble.
OOC moved all the ooc guff to the ooc thread!
Last edited October 29, 2015 2:22 pm

Rolls

War Song Strike - (1d20+4)

(20) + 4 = 24

Damage on hit - (1d8+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Extra damage die for crit? - (1d8)

(8) = 8

Nov 9, 2015 8:32 pm
Ravastine continues to hammer at the wererat with her flail, trying to weaken its attacks and focus its attention on her.
Note: I'm somewhat confused by the 1[W] + cha - does this mean that she is doing the weapon damage + Cha bonus, or is it a normal melee attack (1D10 + Str bonus) plus the Cha bonus? Assumed the latter below.

Rolls

Flail attack, Enfeebling Strike - (1d20+4, 1d10+3)

1d20+4 : (8) + 4 = 12

1d10+3 : (5) + 3 = 8

Nov 27, 2015 7:30 pm
Uhlkah almost decapitates the wererat, who stumbles back, holding a clawed hand to his bleeding throat. But he is practiced and tough; still managing to doge the flail.

(1[W] mean 1D20. I don't understand it either, but that's what it means. I think you did it right.)
It is Asterion's Turn.
Nov 28, 2015 2:57 pm
Asterion's swings his scintillating sword in a blinding arc, aiming to end the wererat.

Asterion takes another 2 ongoing damage.
DC 10 Save vs ongoing damage next round: failed
Last edited November 28, 2015 2:58 pm

Rolls

Attack vs AC: +Cha(4) +Hvy Blade Expertise(1) +Rod Expertise(1) +Proficiency(3) - (1d20+9)

(7) + 9 = 16

Radiant damage on hit - (1d10+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

DC 10 save vs ongoing damage from wererat bite - (1d20)

(6) = 6

Nov 28, 2015 10:26 pm
The wererat falls backwards dying/unconscious. After being locked in battle you notice the woman again because the runes on her head glow, then the body faintly glows the same colour.
Uhlskah's turn.
Dec 3, 2015 2:58 pm
Without taking his eyes off the woman, Uhlskah gives an ingratiating bow, flashing her his most charming smile. "Uhlskah Kilth at your service, madam. It seems this ... creature was causing you some trouble. Pray, how else may we be of assistance?"

ooc: That's a bad roll, but +9 needs to be added, so...
Last edited December 3, 2015 3:02 pm

Rolls

Diplomacy. Untrained +Cha +Words of Friendship - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Dec 4, 2015 7:37 am
"He must die. He must die and never be born again. For killing my daughter he must be destroyed," she vowed. Not removing her concentration from the rat.
Dec 5, 2015 7:24 am
Asterion has not dismissed his sword. He remains tense, ready for danger. Calmly, he says, "Please put the knife away, madam. You are no longer in danger."
Dec 5, 2015 1:53 pm
Ravastine calmly steps over the wererats body and tries to determine if it is still a threat. Her body between the woman and the wererat, she's also hoping to block any coup de grace from her.

"Madame, please tell us what happened so that we may judge accordingly."
Dec 10, 2015 6:34 pm
She drops the knife. "He tricked me. I thought he was saving her life with those treatments he was giving her but he was just using her to kill. You must not let him live." "Where is that other snake the Alchemist?" She threatens the wererat, but he cannot answer. "Do you promise? Do you promise he will not be revived?"
Dec 19, 2015 3:44 pm
Sensing a story, Uhlskah asks some probing questions. "Born again? Revived?" The bard looks at the woman, his eyes glinting and his mouth fixed in a hard smile. "Would you care to elaborate? And where do you think we might find this Alchemist you mention?"
Dec 19, 2015 7:01 pm
"Revived, resurrected by one of the Alchemist's people," she says. "I can make it 20 times for difficult for them to do it, if you let me use my magic." Her hand clenches around the pendant of her neck "I was hoping that son of demon's whore Alchemist would be here but-" She shakes with rage. "He's in the wind now. I'll never find him."
Dec 21, 2015 12:13 pm
When she mentions being allowed to use her magic, Ulskah briefly gives Asterion and Ravastine a questioning look, before returning his gaze to the woman, trying to hide his uncertainty behind a sneer.
Dec 21, 2015 3:51 pm
Asterion dismisses his sword. "Tell us of this Alchemist start at the beginning please. Are you hurt? Ravastine, if you please?"
Dec 22, 2015 3:55 am
Ravastine, uncertain as to how to proceed, welcome Asterion's suggestion. She cats Lay on Hands on the woman.
Dec 23, 2015 3:05 am
"Hurt? My daughter is dead! How do you think—" In anguish, she fails at finding the words. She is calmed for moment as the healing magic from Ravastine's hands takes hold. But when it's over, panic begins strangling her. She shuffles around the room, positioning herself closer to the door you entered through.
Dec 27, 2015 8:03 pm
Asterion moves to block the door. "Madam, the sooner you tell us everything you know, the sooner we can bring this Alchemist to justice and avenge your daughter."

Rolls

Diplomacy - (1d20+2)

(13) + 2 = 15

Dec 31, 2015 7:43 pm
The woman speaks, "there is nothing more to be done or said," then runs.

(If you wish to grab her it is a strength check vs her reflex.)
Jan 6, 2016 6:12 pm
Ulskah doesn't want this story to get away, and as undignified and it seems, he goes to grab her.

Unsurprisingly, he doesn't even make contact.
Last edited January 6, 2016 6:13 pm

Rolls

Strength - (1d20+0)

(4) = 4

Jan 7, 2016 7:52 pm
Asterion stands his ground in the doorway. "Madam, I must insist you stay."

Rolls

Strength - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Jan 7, 2016 9:38 pm
The rune marked mother pushes into Asterion, thrusting into a pressure point as he tries to stop her. His grip and stance fail for a moment, enough time for her to nimbly jump cages and up the stairs.
Jan 7, 2016 11:17 pm
Ravastine smirks at the bard and spellcaster's routine, but keeps an eye on the wererat. Her intuition tells her that sometimes these beasties don't stay dead.
Jan 9, 2016 11:46 am
Asterion recovers his composure. Now is faced difficult decision yet again. He is loathe to split the party once more but one of their best leads is lyingon the floor dead, the and the other one has just gotte gotten the better of him and is about to slip through his fingers. "Kirrian! Restrain that woman! Ravastine, secure the wererat! Uhlskah, with me!" Asterion chases after the escaping woman.
Jan 9, 2016 5:57 pm
His spirits slightly lifted by the fact that the Kubi made an even worse job of catching the woman, Uhlskah runs, smirking, after Asterion.
Jan 9, 2016 6:02 pm
Kirrian is still on the floor, the life drained out of him. The stinger having a stronger effect then suspected. He doesn't look like he'll be of any help catching a quick and nimble woman.
Jan 9, 2016 7:28 pm
Ravastine says "While I'm dubious of your woman catching skills, I appreciate not sending the person in plate on a chase."

She look down at the wererat, trying to discern the extent of its injuries.

Rolls

Medicine check - (1d20+1)

(13) + 1 = 14

Jan 11, 2016 7:41 am
Asterion spots Kirrian in the same spot on the floor where they left him. "Where the hell re Kirrian's people?!" he snarls, addressing no one in particular. Thankfully, the gnome wizard is conscious, if barely. Asterion gives chase to the fleeing woman in earnest.

Rolls

Dexterity - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Jan 11, 2016 5:57 pm
With Uhlskah running along with him.
Ooc: I'm a singer, not a runner!
Last edited January 12, 2016 6:07 pm

Rolls

Dexterity roll to navigate boxes etc. - (1d20+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

Jan 12, 2016 5:57 pm
I need dexterity rolls from both of you to see how quickly/effectively you navigate all and boxes and cages and get up the stairs.
Jan 12, 2016 9:57 pm
Asterion reaches the stairs first and begins to climb, vaguely remembering the unusual number of chairs in the house as several come tumbling down the stairs.
(You can use acrobatics for dodging, strength for pushing them aside, endurance to hold yourself solid and not get knocked down the stairs with the save of them, or something else)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.