Shadowrun: Interest check

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 9, 2017 9:58 pm
I've been hankering some sci-fi fantasy in my life as of late, be it Warhammer, Shadowrun, or something else. I was wondering if there was an interest in players and/or a GM for Shadowrun? It's been a long time since I've played Shadowrun, so I'm rusty on the lore, but I'd be willing to wing it if there isn't an experienced GM. And in the long run, I'd like to run a game/games to do some world-building (as far as I can see/remember, there isn't a lot on New York City in the 6th World, so maybe we should make it!).
Oct 9, 2017 10:18 pm
There are just SO many rules for Shadowrun I'd need people to hold my hand for me all the way through it. I'd love to play, but imagine that's a real deal breaker if I can't even generate a character.
Oct 9, 2017 10:26 pm
KaynSD says:
There are just SO many rules for Shadowrun I'd need people to hold my hand for me all the way through it. I'd love to play, but imagine that's a real deal breaker if I can't even generate a character.
I do find 5e has really simplified the rules, though there's a lot of options, which is overwhelming to me. If you have the book, I'd be happy to walk through chargen with you, though I'm not experienced enough to walk someone through game play.
Oct 9, 2017 10:51 pm
Ah Shadowrun, freaking love the setting and the 5th edition isn't quite as crunchy as previous versions. I don't really GM for those outside my main group but wouldnt mind being a player in another group
Oct 10, 2017 7:38 pm
Would love to jump in as a player, if more are still needed. Will get up to speed quickly.
Oct 10, 2017 8:41 pm
Also if this happens, I call dibs on playing as a decker
Oct 10, 2017 11:15 pm
I am intrigued by the setting but there seems to be a lot of expansions / splatbooks to cover. I would love to give it a gander. I was burned by rolling with a rigger before so... any advice?
Oct 10, 2017 11:19 pm
TheGreatRicktator says:
All yours, from my standpoint. Would either go mage or street samurai.
Oct 11, 2017 2:56 am
jkl123 says:
I am intrigued by the setting but there seems to be a lot of expansions / splatbooks to cover. I would love to give it a gander. I was burned by rolling with a rigger before so... any advice?
There is a LOT to the game. It's one of the reasons I'm afraid to GM it; I'm not sure I'd do the system justice (both from RP and system perspectives). As for character, the sky's the limit... do you prefer tech, magic, or "normal"? Or a combination of them? Prefer melee or ranged?
Oct 11, 2017 4:37 pm
I've always been intrigued by Shadowrun and Spoony got me curious in Cyberpunk2020. I'm totally up for giving it a shot.
Oct 11, 2017 7:07 pm
If you want to play a sci fi setting without the crunchy rules or a long chargen, take a look at Cypher by Monte Cook Games. It's really quick to learn and chargen is super easy. You can apply almost any setting to it as well.
Oct 11, 2017 7:30 pm
Cerris214 says:
If you want to play a sci fi setting without the crunchy rules or a long chargen, take a look at Cypher by Monte Cook Games. It's really quick to learn and chargen is super easy. You can apply almost any setting to it as well.
Yah, but it's not Shadowrun :p
Oct 11, 2017 10:55 pm
We chatted briefly on Twitter about this prospect. I'm certainly interested. :)
Oct 11, 2017 11:10 pm
The Sprawl is almost identical to Shadowrun, but freeform and simple rules.
Oct 12, 2017 3:08 am
MoMo says:
The Sprawl is almost identical to Shadowrun, but freeform and simple rules.
It's a game I want to try sometime. But in general, I actually like games with rules and structure. And lots of dice.

Don't get me wrong... there is a such thing as too crunchy; I've played a few that were just over the top.
Oct 12, 2017 12:48 pm
So since there are 5 interested in this thread, I'm gonna buy an adventure or two to help me get started, and we'll play a game. If it works out, I have some ideas for a large scale game, with some West Marches and XCOM ideas.
Oct 12, 2017 1:28 pm
TheGreatRicktator says:
You don't want to build a Technomancer?
Oct 12, 2017 8:23 pm
Remnant says:
TheGreatRicktator says:
You don't want to build a Technomancer?
I like deckers more
Oct 31, 2017 4:37 pm
I just joined this site looking for a Shadowrun game. Any movement on this? I would like to join and can run a rigger.
Oct 31, 2017 8:40 pm
This fell by the wayside as I got distracted with some code trouble for the upgrade. I'll get back on it; bought a mission to try it out.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.