Numenera?

Oct 11, 2017 2:59 am
Anyone hankering for a game in the 9th World?

I'm reading up on the many source books I have...
Oct 11, 2017 3:26 am
I think I might be up for that.

Len

Oct 11, 2017 3:45 am
I too hanker to role play a billion years in the future. I have never played Cypher System in PbP, but it seems like it would work really well.
Oct 11, 2017 1:00 pm
I'd be up for it. Which all books would you use? Would you use Character Options 2 as well?
Oct 12, 2017 4:45 am
I've got most of the source material -- character options 1 and 2 would be fine. I have them both.

Let me get a bit of a better handle on work and the source material and I'll spin something up and invite y'all in.

Len

Oct 12, 2017 5:35 am
Thanks falryx!
Oct 12, 2017 3:17 pm
Sign me up for this too! :-)
Oct 12, 2017 11:24 pm
I'd be down for getting in on a Numenera game
Oct 14, 2017 3:05 am
Cool!

Len

Oct 14, 2017 4:49 am
I've been brushing up on the system as I haven't played for awhile, and I discovered the Cypher Speak podcast with the amazing Darcy Ross and Troy Pichelman. I found the Rules Primer episode and the Numenera 101 episodes to be good reminders of system and setting that I was able to consume during my commute.

This wiki post on Numenera terms was also helpful in reminding me of the rules in a concise manner.

Looking forward to the game!
Last edited October 14, 2017 9:37 pm
Oct 15, 2017 8:06 pm
I've made it through the CRB almost cover to cover. Will be reading up a bit on some of the ancillary material and working something together. Trying to listen to a combination of Styx and Pink Floyd during my commute as inspirational music to feel suitably Ninth World Weird.
Oct 15, 2017 11:24 pm
I'm entirely new to the system but I would like to give it a try.
Oct 16, 2017 2:23 pm
*rolls randomly for character*

Len

Oct 16, 2017 2:57 pm
What did you get, Remnant? :)
Oct 16, 2017 5:00 pm
Out of 95 Descriptors 5 Types and 79 Foci

Mikkitto the Resilient Glaive that Hunts with Great Skill.
Oct 16, 2017 9:00 pm
What is your avatar, falryx? It looks like a burka-driver or maybe a nun playing Skyrim.
Oct 17, 2017 12:39 am
From the very fun "What's In Your Avatar?" thread:
falryx says:
My avatar is from when SW:The Old Republic came out on PC a few years back. My youngest son (then around 3) had a hooded bathrobe that was black that made him look like a little Sith. We were playing through one of the Sith character stories together and I took this photo on my phone. Notice the lightsaber resting casually on the desk...

Since I was focused originally on FFG Star Wars games, I thought this would be thematically appropriate. Where it's hideously inappropriate (e.g. Middle Earth) I've adopted a 'player' known as Falryx for the game where I use a different avatar. :)
Oct 17, 2017 12:59 am
Heh. Everytime I see it, I think burka.
Oct 17, 2017 2:03 am
=) Thanks Jabes!

Yah, a videogame-playing Sith lord!

Len

Oct 20, 2017 6:57 pm
Hey all,

I've put some thought into the character I want to play. Without defining too many details before falryx defines the parameters of the game, I thought it would be fun to play a Paladin-style character in the far flung fantasy future that is The Ninth World. Someone bound by oaths and dedicated to a cause.

Because each character is supposed to have a different Foci, I thought I'd just check if anyone else was interested in Absorbs Energy from Character Options 2? If not, I think that would match my character concept well.

https://i.imgur.com/FilVgvh.jpg
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.