Secret threads

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 13, 2017 5:25 am
How can I create threads/subforums that only I and players I select can see? Super-sneaky GM secrets and whatnot!
Oct 13, 2017 6:02 am
A bit of a reverse method:

In the Administrative Control Panel, click on the forum/subforum you want to make private in the left-hand box. On the right-hand side, click on the Permissions tab. A list of users should appear; click on "Create" next to a username that you want to PREVENT from accessing your forum/subforum. "Create" should turn into "Edit / Delete" so click on "Edit" and you'll see a list of permissions. Set everything to "NO," save, and that user should no longer have access to your private forum/subforum.
Oct 13, 2017 12:54 pm
Yup. Not so much a reverse method, as the actual/intended means. As with all forums, permissions are inherited, so you have to explicitly tell the system that users aren't allowed somewhere. I'll be improving the methodology with the update, and I'll look at doing something like a "Create private forum" that creates the correct permissions to block all users' access.
Oct 14, 2017 8:18 pm
With the permissions, I always start off setting permissions for the game group as a whole to "No" so then I just have to opt in players I want to have visibility.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.