Character Thread

load previous
Jun 15, 2015 3:26 am
BTW, WOTC has released PHB errata. May or may not impact your characters.
Jun 15, 2015 4:59 am
Sorry I was out this weekend. I went through and approved everyone's characters and sent messages about necessary adjustments, if any. Make sure everyone posts their final backstories in the thread dedicated to that. I'm really impressed with what I've seen so far and really like the party composition. Also, please be sure that you have done as Harlandski and roll up or choose Personality Traits, Ideals, Bonds, and Flaws. I will post the first game post, a general rules forum, and a discussion forum for OOC rules questions tomorrow by 5pm CST and we will kick this thing off. I look forward to killing you all . . . I mean . . . playing with. Yeah. The second one. ;)

With regards,
TMK
Jun 15, 2015 10:06 am
Alright I fixed what you asked me to and what you missed! :D I still had 2 level 5 life domain spells. Now I'm all ready to kill my comrades. Oh wait, was that supposed to stay in our PMs?
Jun 16, 2015 10:16 am
TMK I went head and made the corrections. Fēng is good to go! :-)
mikelzap says:
I like it! You sound like the type that would trust some rogue way more than you should... :)
Hahaha! Yes! :-D
Jul 4, 2015 4:44 pm
Not sure where to put this, but my spells for the new day are:

Cure Wounds
Entangle
Speak with Animals
Enhance Ability
Pass without Trace
Find Traps
Call Lightning
Conjure Animals
Wind Wall

For now, I've changed my character sheet to include only these spells (in addition to the ones I get from my race and class), but I think I might slowly add all my possible spells and just note here or even on the sheet which ones I actually have prepared. That way I could use the Notes on the sheet and not worry if I'm caught without my PHB.
Jul 4, 2015 6:47 pm
I would think it easier to put Spells known in the Spells section and indicate Prepared spells in the notes or something. But one of the draws of the Warlock is that I don't have to worry about known vs. prepared ;D So much less paperwork when you have a demon as your personal assistant, am I right?!
Jul 5, 2015 3:02 pm
Sure you're right. There has to be some drawback to giving your soul to an insane murderous subterranean being in exchange for a limited amount of arcane power, but I can't see one from here ;-)
Oct 11, 2015 6:55 am
Fēng would've been like this at the monastery when he was younger. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geIRmzhoVXM
Apr 14, 2016 1:51 am
So we have two more players and a spot open for Foolsmask if they see that we're back. CancerMan and Naatkinson, you should feel free to post your character info here once you have it all ready. 27 point buy, 5th level characters, starting gold of 600gp for any items that can be bought from the PHB. Once we have characters set up, the final chapter of the Daimyo's Gambit will conclude. Maybe it will even continue . . .
Apr 14, 2016 2:02 am
Nice :D this was one of my favorite PCS cleric turned rogue is back!!
Apr 14, 2016 2:14 am
Thanks for having me. Is there a particular class the party needs? I think you have a monk, a cleric, and a warlock?
Last edited April 14, 2016 2:20 am
Apr 14, 2016 2:26 am
Monk 5 and a Cleric 4 Rogue 1. Foolsmask is the warlock and we are still waiting for an appearance from them. Anything else goes.
Apr 14, 2016 2:44 am
Right on. I am thinking of rolling a rogue/assassin. I'd like to connect him/her in some way to the area the party is currently in, so if possible may I flavor the character as a ninja?
Apr 14, 2016 2:53 am
Sure, no problem. In my head, there were two characters already approaching as Crow Riders. They were supposed to be further antagonists and creating a sense of urgency but at this point I was going to use them to usher in reinforcements. If you want to be a ninja that has been there the whole time instead, that works too.
Apr 14, 2016 1:34 pm
Thinking about making a fighter type (Samurai?)

It's an insane day at work, so hopefully it will slow down later and I can get started on my character!
Last edited April 14, 2016 1:35 pm
Apr 14, 2016 1:54 pm
You guys are on board! Awesome! Really looking forward to getting this going again. And I do hope we continue beyond this chapter! :-)
Apr 14, 2016 2:15 pm
I could see my ninja as working for the samurai.
Apr 14, 2016 2:32 pm
CancerMan says:
I could see my ninja as working for the samurai.
Want to work our backstories together? I plan on being a Ronin (lordless samurai). I figure my lord and his family were killed and I am now homeless and looking for a worthy lord to take me in.

EDIT: Rolling HP for levels 2-5
Last edited April 14, 2016 3:03 pm

Rolls

HP! - (4d10)

(8282) = 20

Apr 14, 2016 3:34 pm
Naatkinson says:
Want to work our backstories together? I plan on being a Ronin (lordless samurai). I figure my lord and his family were killed and I am now homeless and looking for a worthy lord to take me in.
I think that will work. My character can be a kunoichi whose clan was sworn to service in your family. She acts as a spy and bodyguard.

Rolls

HP levels 2-5 - (4d8, RA)

(6146) = 17

Reroll 1 for HP - (1d8)

(1) = 1

And again - (1d8)

(4) = 4

Apr 14, 2016 3:59 pm
CancerMan says:
Naatkinson says:
I think that will work. My character can be a kunoichi whose clan was sworn to service in your family. She acts as a spy and bodyguard.
I'm going to assume we've been homelessly traveling for some time now, if that's ok?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.