i hate this site now

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 9, 2017 8:25 pm
i am no longer interested in this phony site. i set up a game and invested in it, getting players, but i waited for characters to be created for almost a month. that is unreasonable. i will not have any good things to say about this site from now on, and i will do what i can to tank it in reveiws and other forums. i am seriously pissed.
Nov 9, 2017 8:32 pm
Please, do let the door hit you on the way out. I take it's your first experiences with play-by-post? One of the downsides to the medium is players are less engaged over all, so may not be as active as you want. You do know this isn't a video game, right? I/this site is not controlling what your players do. I'm not sure how that's the fault of the site, and given you've had a total of 8 posts on the site, all in your own game save this one, and have been posting just over 3 weeks, I'm not too concerned about your opinion.
Nov 9, 2017 8:47 pm
You do realize that you sound like a spoiled child, right? Please, have a good time elsewhere. The negativity is not appropriate and is not what this community is about.
Nov 9, 2017 8:52 pm
pixelperfect says:
i am no longer interested in this phony site. i set up a game and invested in it, getting players, but i waited for characters to be created for almost a month. that is unreasonable. i will not have any good things to say about this site from now on, and i will do what i can to tank it in reveiws and other forums. i am seriously pissed.
Yea, this failing has nothing to do with GP, but rather your luck/choice in players OP. And possibly your initial communication of expectations.

There are flakes in every PBP community (not to mention, ppl with real lives with real things that occur in those lives), and as someone who has been a part of at least two other dedicated PbP communities, I can easily say GP has the best "pool" to draw from.

Sorry you had a bad experience OP, but for every one experience like yours, IME (which is several hundred posts and at least a years worth of activity greater than yours), there are three or four experiences that are among - not only the best PBP experiences I've ever had, but - the best TTRPG experiences I've ever had, to be had here.

Did throwing a fit as you have actually accomplish anything for you? Why do that. Very childish.
Nov 9, 2017 10:47 pm
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Play by post can be very slow and people go missing often. Don't let that discourage you. I wish ya the best with your future attempts at PBP.
Nov 9, 2017 11:05 pm
So. Guess that means the cyberpunk game you were running isn't going to happen then? Shame. Was going to enjoy that rocker I made for it.
Nov 9, 2017 11:11 pm
Sounds like someone rolled a crit fail on persuasion.
Nov 10, 2017 1:32 pm
Good riddance, actually. Wasn't that the same guy who was whining about no one being interested in his Final Fantasy game? From the moment he showed up all he's ever done's been a huge baby.
Nov 10, 2017 3:05 pm
Bye, Felicia.
Nov 10, 2017 8:58 pm
That escalated quickly
Nov 10, 2017 11:49 pm
Keleth, if you spot this guy mouthing off somewhere, let us know.
Nov 11, 2017 2:40 am
Honestly, I wouldn’t be too worried as the only people who would find his "mouthing off" credible would be like-minded individuals. GP doesn’t do this level of drama. We’re collectively too old for this shit. ;)
Nov 11, 2017 2:58 am
Moofsalot says:
Honestly, I wouldn’t be too worried as the only people who would find his "mouthing off" credible would be like-minded individuals. GP doesn’t do this level of drama. We’re collectively too old for this shit. ;)
That. I'm 41 years old. My days of getting pissed off at someone who thinks I'm a poopy-head are long behind me...
Nov 11, 2017 5:14 pm
Oh, I'm not fussy -- but if he's spreading filth, I'm more than happy to counter it with a reasoned post in some domain.
Nov 11, 2017 7:59 pm
Wow! I'm impressed. What a way to make an exit. Okay, I'm over it.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.