Rules of Engagement

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 15, 2015 9:42 pm
So I don't mean to formalize anything but I do want to be consistent at least on my part and establish what you can expect from me. I will try to post once every 24 hours. Using the time stamp, I will make sure that I don't post less than 24 hours after my previous post to give everyone an opportunity to respond. Since this is a post/day game, unless there is a critical reason why a specific character has to respond, I will try to keep the game moving. I will try hard not to dictate your actions but in combat if you haven't responded by within the day, I will assume your character took the Dodge action. I should be fairly consistent, including on weekends with few exceptions. I'm relatively new to the whole PbP scene but I've jumped into a few games and I can tell what seems to keep them moving.

I will award xp for overcoming encounters whether they be skill, roleplay, or combat based. I will award inspiration for exceptional roleplaying including following your flaws, bonds, traits, and ideals.

If you are not familiar with DnD 5e, there is a mechanic known as Advantage/Disadvantage. When you have Advantage, you roll twice and take the better of the two rolls; with Disadvantage you take the worse. When rolling with Adv. or Disadv., roll two seperate rolls denoted as such, including any bonuses you have.

During combat, roll damage with any attacks to streamline turns.

If you have a rules arbitration question, there is a seperate thread for that. If you have concerns about the rules above, this is the place for that.

That's pretty much all I can think of to keep the game moving for now but if there are any concerns or we come up with any house rules, they will be in this thread.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.