Rules Arbitration

load previous
Oct 13, 2015 8:16 pm
Urki in the heat of things may see it differently :P Not as a blatant "I'm not gonna hit him" but he may have seen something along the lines of "Are we sure?"
Oct 15, 2015 5:38 am
Quote:
Anyone who was within melee range of the Samurai could (and still can, retroactively) have taken an opportunity attack since she double moved and did not disengage
I'll wait for your retro attacks before I post Feng chasing after the samurai.
May 5, 2016 9:26 pm
I've been debating how to resolve your move CancerMan. Since you wrote that you opened to door to attack, it would mean that the readied action of the Widow to cast the scroll on anyone who came through the door, would activate. I understand that you are trying to be quick so I think that they will resolve at the same time, both your surprise critical and the spell scroll going off.
May 5, 2016 10:54 pm
If it was a readied action, I can see it going off before I managed to get to her. I'm not opposed to that result.

Or, we could roll initiative.
May 5, 2016 10:58 pm
I'm not a huge fan of rolling initiative in play by post. Slogs things down a good bunch. We'll resolve the simultaneous action and then have the PC's side go first.
May 6, 2016 6:39 pm
Just to confirm, Tonton's failed attack and spell save were his actions in the first combat round, or was that a separate round and you are waiting for me to post another set of actions?
May 6, 2016 8:20 pm
I'll need to roll a con save vs stun but roll two dice either way. If the Widow is stunned they'll be for advantage.
May 10, 2016 4:50 pm
How many of my attacks managed to hit?
May 10, 2016 5:44 pm
The first hit but she passed the strength saving throw. Similarly, she saved against both stuns. I realized after I started tallying the hits that the Dex save was unnecessary because they only come into effect for the bonus attacks from Flurry and neither of those hit. She has taken 48 damage.
May 10, 2016 5:45 pm
I was in a rush last night but I'll post her turn today.
May 30, 2016 1:20 am
I was going through the current encounter again. Correct me if I'm wrong, but after the Widow successfully saves against Utamuro's trip attack, she also needed to save against his goading attack or else her attacks against Feng would have been at disadvantage.

Nevertheless, I have marked 25 damage on Feng's sheet.
Last edited May 30, 2016 1:21 am
May 30, 2016 1:35 am
His second attack didn't hit.

Edit: This would also mean that he didn't spend the superiority die which would only have activated on the hit.
May 30, 2016 2:32 am
themightykobold says:
His second attack didn't hit.

Edit: This would also mean that he didn't spend the superiority die which would only have activated on the hit.
Ah. Well, that makes sense. Thanks! :-)
May 30, 2016 2:49 am
I did just notice though that Urki's sneak attack should have triggered due to the Widow being in close combat with allies. As it is a crit, it would be an extra 2d6.
May 31, 2016 1:22 am
Will go roll that in the thread with some words of encouragement. ^_^
Jun 3, 2016 7:49 pm
I'm pretty sure Utamuro just cut the Widow to pieces! :-D
Jul 12, 2016 4:46 pm
It would be insight so you get +3 to both of those rolls, not that it helps too much.
Aug 20, 2016 1:11 am
CancerMan: You can have advantage because of the smoke and confusion.
Aug 20, 2016 8:10 am
Thanks, I've added it to my original post!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.