Dice Roller for D&D 5e: Advantage and Disadvantage

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 24, 2017 7:46 pm
I know nothing about coding, first off. However, D&D 5e runs the concept of advantage and disadvantage. This means either after rolling 2d20, "drop the lowest roll" or "drop the highest roll" respectively. In my previous (current) PbP site the dice roller has these options as check boxes (along with several other choices, including drop 1s). I'm sure people can see how convenient this could be for DMs running D&D 5e games. Could something like that exist or be designed/added here at GP?

Thanks!
Nov 24, 2017 7:56 pm
When rolling for Advantage or Disadvantage, GP's dice roller lets you add any number of rolls.

For example, I'd just type "1d20+3, 1d20+3" and both rolls would appear in the post. So while the forum won't automatically take the lowest or highest, it's easy to do that on our own.
Nov 24, 2017 7:59 pm
And on the site redesign, I'll be enhancing the dice roller with more commands to the dice roller to help with this kind of stuff. There is another thread somewhere in the Site Discussions forum; I'll look for it.
Nov 25, 2017 7:33 pm
Thanks Keleth!! I know I could do this manually, but in larger combats, with say 9 PCs and potentially dozens of foes, it’s a huge timesaver to have these features.

Cheers!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.