Lets split the party!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 25, 2015 12:03 pm
Because nothing goes wrong when you split the party. Up till now, I've made it very difficult to split the party, though not on purpose. I thought the code I wrote to let you assign permissions to specific users in game forums was working, but it seems like wasn't. So I pretty much scrapped everything that made the old ACP work and rewrote it into a new version. Looks the same, works better. So now if you're a GM who wants to create a subforum that only certain people can access, you can do that! Just click the Administrative Control Panel link at the top of your forum and you can create subforums, groups, and assign permissions. You can also assign permissions to any single player in your game.

As usual, I've done a bunch of testing, but as some of you have seen, testing your own code doesn't go perfectly, so I feel relatively certain that there will be bugs, or unintended functionality (for example, you can't edit the details of your main game forum, so you shouldn't see that option at all; let me know if you do). With that in mind, I'm looking to open a group for people who'd be interested in giving me private feedback on features/functionality/the site in general, as well as people who wouldn't mind getting a spec sheet of new features, to see if something doesn't work as intended. If you'd like to be part of this small group, let me know, but I do ask that you be active about feedback if you do join.

Lastly, I'm still looking for volunteers who wouldn't mind getting a Gamers' Plane shirt to wear at any upcoming game conventions. I have a few L/XL left, and if you're going to GenCon/Pax Prime/any other big game con, I'd love for you to help me get word out! I'll send it over free of charge, though if you're willing to help with shipping/shirt costs, I'd appreciate that too, heh. If you can't, no worries, I will happily send you a shirt anyway. The only stipulation being you wear it to a big con and take a pic of you at the con so I can live vicariously through you!
Jun 26, 2015 3:49 am
If only I had some cons to go to..... soon. hopefully.. you know. when stuff comes together :)
Jun 29, 2015 1:20 pm
I'll be heading to GenCon and wouldn't mind repping.
Jun 29, 2015 2:38 pm
I volunteer to take a picture of said shirtwearer if possible during the con if our schedules have a break in there somewhere.
Jul 9, 2015 4:32 pm
Any other volunteers for wearing a Gamers' Plane shirt at GenCon? L/XL available! It's too bad I won't be able to make it; it'd be a great opportunity to spread word of GP; if you're going and are talking to other RPG players, be sure to bring it up, subtly and in context of course.

A) "Hi, how are you?"
B) "Good, how are you?"
A) "Join Gamers' Plane! Play RPGs via play-by-post!"
B) "What? I don't play RPGs..."
A) "Join up anyway!"
B) "You know you're at a day-care center, right...?"
Jul 17, 2015 11:22 pm
Just got the word that I am going to make Gen-Con this year. But XL isn't quite big enough. Do you have anything else? I'll hand out business cards even.
Jul 20, 2015 9:41 pm
I can help out if you're still looking for volunteers.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.