OoC: Character Concept Discussion

Jun 29, 2015 2:35 pm
Discuss what you have for a character concept and an idea on which Branch you'll be turning in an application to join. Everyone would start off at Novice with Stock AoO benefits. Also let us know what kind of missions you're looking to be involved with.
Jul 7, 2015 10:28 pm
What sort of archetypes are recommended by AoO? I thought of playing special forces of some kind, or an operative. But I'm feeling my lack of familiarity with the setting right now.
Jul 8, 2015 1:07 pm
Didn't get around to answering you last night, it varies for character concept based on what you wanted to play really, for archtypes there's the Agent (Think Agent Smith minus matrix trippy powers, or Agent K and J), the Altered Detective (Supernatural insight), Combat Wizard, Demolitions Expert, Hand to Hand combat type, Investigator, Infiltrator, Psychic, and the Techie to name a few. It really depends on the concept you'd like to play and fleshing that out which I can assist with, you get a few things for free also for skills plus a boon from the branch you pick.

As long as it's not too out there I think it would work, if you wanted to play a person who using music to channel your latent abilities (estentially a bard) to as you mentioned someone who was prior special forces and say something odd like a target get their lower half shot off and crawls away getting in a car and tries to escape.

Branch is an option afterwords so you can be the special forces shooty type in the Occult branch that may use 'special' bullets when the drek hits the fan.

If you want to play the Starbucks Barrista that just saw two people get into a sword fight and destroy his workplace before things got really weird we can work with that too.

For the most part there are a lot of things open (You still have to play a human though, please).

Granted this may not answer your question but I guess my counter question is what kind of character did you want to play and what kind of missions did you see him going on? If you want to play a combat driven spec Ops guy putting you on being at a day care would be a bit of a rough mission I guess. Possibly hilarious for me though.

On a side note did you follow the link or did the invite work?
Jul 8, 2015 10:24 pm
As I've gotten a better idea of the game, I looked it up to see what material I could find on their site, and started thinking about similar series/fiction, I thought of an old book character. I think it might be entertaining to play an infiltrator with an edge in combat, inspired by Verkan Vall of H. Beam Piper's Paratime series/universe. That character is tasked by the Paratime Police to rectify trouble across many alternate timelines—including monsters from one crossing into another. That sort of inspiration would probably fit in AoO. I don't have time now, but I'll work out a concept from this inspiration and post him soon.

I have a pretty good sense of humor, so playing a spec ops guy tasked with protecting a day care would amuse me as well.

Actually, the message went into my junk folder. When you said you sent an invite, I looked the game up and it said on the details page that I had an invite. Once I applied I was automatically accepted.
Jul 14, 2015 12:01 am
Okay, I posted my character. Let me know what you think. The main difference is that I fleshed out trappings for his powers, and fit him into the character sheet.

And just for the public record, I changed the archetype to a private eye (and obligatory Brit).
Jul 14, 2015 12:12 am
Character Approved, in addition the ring issued out from the Occult Branch has the brief description of being from a medical officer of her majesty's Royal Army Medical Corps who served in WWII. The ring along with his dog tags were found in Transylvania the body was never recovered. Within the design the Greek letters Kappa & Lambda can be seen from the inside.

Oh an let me know when you're ready to start *rubs hands together*.
Jul 14, 2015 12:06 pm
Let's get this party started!
Jul 15, 2015 1:01 am
Do you mind if I use his light/obscure for minor flavor things like doodling on the table without rolling? I figure it'd be good flavor, but wanted to know if I should roll for it.
Jul 15, 2015 11:46 am
I don't mind, granted since I'm watching Mr. Robot and it's your trappings or powers it really depends on you if other people see what you're actually doing.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.